Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Re: Transport of migrants/refugees from red states to blue ones

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Danraft wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:49 pm The Bexar County sheriff (San Antonio) is pursuing an investigation as to the mistreatment of these arrivals.
The press conference…
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... 0086751%2F
Thx. Well he seemed perturbed and rather displeased with Florida. Also, a coyote was involved. Seems like straight up human trafficking. :shrug:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

That sheriff is gonna be busy. If true.
American Muckrakers PAC, Inc. @AmericanMuck wrote: BREAKING: Another illegal asylum flight by @GovRonDeSantis is taking place tomorrow from San Antonio, TX to Georgetown, Delaware.

SOMEONE FILE A COURT ORDER TO GET THIS STOPPED.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

This is probably in the DeSantis thread but I can't bear to read that one so here it is.

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I'm imagining all the good things we could have done for these immigrants with +$12K per person rather than abandon them in MA. Even half that would have been nice.

Personally, me, myself, I wonder why it cost so much, where did the money go, and who benefited? Total head scratcher.

But, that's just me. Who knew you could drown big government in a bathtub full of dollar bills?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I know we need to deal with funding some sort of immigrant response crew, but I just want to say that, down here in Floriduh, WE NEED TEACHERS!!!!!!! Tens of thousands of teachers!!!! We are one of the worst states for teacher pay and with all DeathSantis' bullshit on "CRT", book banning and civil rights, it really burns my biscuits he pulled this shit.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

One of the planes used in DeSantis’ Martha’s Vineyard stunt is currently scheduled to travel tomorrow from San Antonio, to Florida, to a small airport near Biden’s house in Delaware
:mad: :mad: :mad:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, now we know why he chose Delaware.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Hope I'm not repeating:

Re that brochure inviting refugees to Massachusetts--hear this AM that the brochure is real, and that it is for those who have already been granted refugee status, and is thus an invitation to those who HAVE been granted refugee status and are working out what to do next, to give the Mass refugee helpers a call.

Not, IOW, for assylum seekers who just got over the boarder.

How effing despicable.

Prosecute these fuckers and everyone who facilitated this scam.
raison de arizona

Mayor Adams in NYC has apparently been asking TX Governor Abbott to please just coordinate with him about when buses are coming in so NYC will be ready for them with services. Abbott has refused. Kilmeade had Rob Astorino on this morning and they laughed and laughed about it. Their position is that southern border states don't get any coordination, therefore NYC shouldn't expect any either. And this is terribly funny to them. Asshats.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:39 pm Mayor Adams in NYC has apparently been asking TX Governor Abbott to please just coordinate with him about when buses are coming in so NYC will be ready for them with services. Abbott has refused. Kilmeade had Rob Astorino on this morning and they laughed and laughed about it. Their position is that southern border states don't get any coordination, therefore NYC shouldn't expect any either. And this is terribly funny to them. Asshats.
I saw an R congresswoman interviewed on CNN yesterday and she was making similar comments. Asshats indeed.
raison de arizona

SheriffSalazar @sheriffsalazar wrote: I have officially opened a criminal investigation against the individual(s) who lured and transported 48 migrants from the Migrant Resource Center in San Antonio, TX to Martha's Vineyard. If you or someone you know has been impacted, please email bcsotips@bexar.org
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Here is the full press conference.

You may have to skip forward because he repeats his accusations in Spanish. But it's really good on the Q/A. He is pissed.
He won't name DeSantis by name. But we all know who he is talking about.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

If NYC, Martha's Vineyard, and/or DC started arresting the bus drivers and airplane pilots on suspicion of kidnapping or illegal transport of undocumented aliens or some similar charge, I bet the bus and airplane migrations would stop cold.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Fortinbras wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:42 pm If NYC, Martha's Vineyard, and/or DC started arresting the bus drivers and airplane pilots on suspicion of kidnapping or illegal transport of undocumented aliens or some similar charge, I bet the bus and airplane migrations would stop cold.
I agree, but although IANAL, I doubt that there is probable cause to make such an arrest, which would leave those law enforcement agencies open to false arrest charges.
raison de arizona

"...and everyone down there will say between a third to 40% of the people coming across are seeking to end up in Florida..." -DeSantis
Bullshit. I don't believe for one second that 40% of immigrants are headed to Florida. If that were true, he would have no trouble rounding up enough to fill his planes and would have no need to transport from Texas. Full of shit!
raison de arizona

Interesting, DeSantis appears to be violating FLORIDA law with his stunts as well.

raison de arizona

Did it get too hot in the kitchen? Dunno.
American Muckrakers PAC, Inc. @AmericanMuck wrote: VICTORY! The @GovRonDeSantis illegal express canceled the flight from San Antonio to Delaware today! The tucked their tails & fled!

Thanks to everyone who helped us. cc: @sheriffsalazar @JoaquinCastrotx @BetoORourke @CharlieCrist @JohnCarneyDE @ChrisCoons @DWUhlfelderLaw
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

raison de arizona

It doesn't say "ship", it says "send". But yeah.
Roger Sollenberger @SollenbergerRC wrote: New email from the National Republican Senatorial Committee asks supporters where they want Republican governors to “ship” migrants next.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The new slave trade, in the dozen cheaper...
raison de arizona

Transport of migrants/refugees from red states to blue ones

Just because it isn't in the news anymore, doesn't mean that it isn't still happening.
Benny Johnson @bennyjohnson wrote: 🚨BREAKING: New migrant Bus arrives outside Kamala Harris’ home AGAIN
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

IIRC it was alway republicans who blew up months of negotiations at the last minute over border policy. We were close so many times over the decades. If we really wanted a national policy we would have had one by now.
raison de arizona

Interesting development. There is a link to a paywalled Miami Herald article in the thread.
Antonio Arellano @AntonioArellano wrote: BREAKING: Texas Sheriff says that because Ron DeSantis tricked migrants into flying to Martha's Vineyard, they should now be able to STAY in the US under a "U Visa", which is for victims of a crime.

Evil always backfires.

Return to “Current Politics”