Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Transport of migrants/refugees from red states to blue ones

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Transport of migrants/refugees from red states to blue ones

Post by raison de arizona »

This discussion is getting spread across a multitude of topics. With at least three states I am aware of actively transporting, two of them in cahoots, here is a home for those discussions. To start with, Gavin Newsome request Garland and the DOJ investigate.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Re: Transport of migrants/refugees from red states to blue ones

Post by Chilidog »

66609734-92C1-4D9F-B8CA-87B823CAD9EB.jpeg
66609734-92C1-4D9F-B8CA-87B823CAD9EB.jpeg (83.41 KiB) Viewed 1618 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Good for Governor Newsome. I was just appalled this morning when the two buses showed up in the VP residence and the only person(s) who seemed to have a heads up was the Fox News reporter and camera guy.
raison de arizona

DeSantis and Abbott are in cahoots.

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

This is a rerun.

raison de arizona

Burns' take is more complex than the rwnj tweeter comment would have one believe.
raison de arizona

Brooke Kushwaha @BrookeKushwaha wrote: Migrants and local high school AP Spanish students, who have been dismissed from school to help interpret, play a ball game in the Parish House parking lot to pass the time.
Roz @rdw_law wrote: If you squint, sometimes you can still see America 🥰
raison de arizona

IANAL, but some random person pointed me to the wrong law but I eventually found this:
Immigration and Nationality Act (2011)Law and Software Edition
TITLE II: IMMIGRATION Part VIII
General Penalty Provisions
Section Contents
§ 274 (8 USC 1324) Bringing in and harboring certain aliens
a.
Criminal penalties

A.Any person who

i.
knowing that a person is an alien, brings to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the Commissioner, regardless of whether such alien has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such alien;

ii.
knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;

iii.
knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;

iv.
encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law; or

v.
I.engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or

II.
aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts,

shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).

B.
A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs—

i.
in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;

ii.
in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;

iii.
in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in

section 1365 of title 18
http://www.lawandsoftware.com/ina/INA-274-sec1324.html
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I wonder what the status of these immigrants is, did CBP pick them up, process, them and let them free until their interview, or did TX and FL pick them up, and rather than hand them over to CBP shove them far inland.
raison de arizona

I want to know how DeSantis is doing it for $12M. We have $15M allocated here in AZ for immigrant relocation (so far,) and I don't know where it is all going to. Fuel?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:30 pm I want to know how DeSantis is doing it for $12M. We have $15M allocated here in AZ for immigrant relocation (so far,) and I don't know where it is all going to. Fuel?
Into his pockets
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
DrConspiracy
Verified:

Post by DrConspiracy »

Apparently I follow Orly Taitz on Twitter.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

To underscore the blatant, disgusting dehumanization:

In D.C., a Fox camera was positioned to film the drop-off. Fox had apparently been alerted, but not the city government or nonprofit organizers waiting for any potential migrants at Union Station.
:mad: I'm outta free articles so double :mad:
raison de arizona

DrConspiracy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:17 pm Apparently I follow Orly Taitz on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/DrOrlyTaitzEsq/stat ... 6209987584
Oh now I do too, how fun!

Dinesh D'Souza @DineshDSouza wrote: Future venues for @GregAbbott_TX and @GovRonDeSantis to send illegals (gang members and hardened criminals preferred): Greenwich. Nantucket. Cape Cod. The Hamptons. Aspen. Rehoboth Beach. Let the progressives who extol these people welcome them into their own communities!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:36 pm
DrConspiracy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:17 pm Apparently I follow Orly Taitz on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/DrOrlyTaitzEsq/stat ... 6209987584
Oh now I do too, how fun!

https://twitter.com/dineshdsouza/status ... 9266873345
Dinesh D'Souza @DineshDSouza wrote: Future venues for @GregAbbott_TX and @GovRonDeSantis to send illegals (gang members and hardened criminals preferred): Greenwich. Nantucket. Cape Cod. The Hamptons. Aspen. Rehoboth Beach. Let the progressives who extol these people welcome them into their own communities!
Trump Kids' Aspen Ski Trip Will Require 100 Secret Service Agents: Report
Secret Service agents had communicated with local authorities ahead of the group's arrival, though they did not ask for the Aspen Police Department's assistance

By Stephanie Petit
Published on March 21, 2017 12:26 PM

https://people.com/politics/trump-kids- ... nts-aspen/
raison de arizona

FL/TX gave them bad info which would have screwed them over, immigration-wise, as well. I'm so surprised.
Kristina Rex @KristinaRex wrote: NEW: Immigration attorney Rachel Self is here at St. Anthony’s Church on Martha’s Vineyard and has been interviewing Venezuelan migrants about how they got here. She calls the entire ordeal “kidnapping.” #WBZ
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:34 pm
But I'm not. Here you go -
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:39 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:34 pm
But I'm not. Here you go -
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Thank you.
raison de arizona

Worth noting for Florida tax payers is that these refugees from Venezuela came from...Texas. Florida had the same number of "illegals" before and after this stunt.
Travis Akers @travisakers wrote: Gov. Ron DeSantis used $615,000 in tax payer dollars to send 50 migrants to Martha's Vineyard.

That's $12,300 per human on the plane that came out of the pockets of hard-working Floridians to pay for a political stunt, exploiting children for his personal gain.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Reading one of many twitter threads about this, I saw someone refer to him as "Wrong DeStuntis".

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

From an old (Oct ‘21) news story:
The Biden administration has been quietly flying underage illegal immigrants from Texas to New York late at night for more than two months in an effort to resettle the tens of thousands of migrants taken into custody at the border in recent weeks, according to a new report.

A New York Post analysis of online flight-tracking data suggests that some 2,000 migrants have arrived at the Westchester County Airport in suburban New York on 21 flights since August 8. Many of the planes landed between midnight and 6:30 a.m., when a voluntary curfew is in effect.

The report describes late-night flights arriving under the cover of dark, filled with children and teens. New York Post reporters watched two planes land at the airport, where most of the passengers who deplaned seemed to be children and teens, with a small number appearing to be men in their 20s.

Many of the migrants were then seen meeting with relatives or sponsors in New Jersey or being dropped off at the Syosset, Long Island campus of MercyFirst, a nonprofit sponsored by the Catholic Sisters of Mercy. MercyFirst provides housing and services for “children and adolescents who are the victims of societal problems,” according to its website, which adds that it has a contract to supply the federal government with residential services for “immigrant youth.”

Someone familiar with the situation reportedly told the outlet that underage migrants usually arrive carrying backpacks and are bused to locations in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, upstate Newburgh, and Bridgeport and Danbury in Connecticut.

The report adds that many of the flights from Texas first touch down in Jacksonville, Fla., before continuing to Westchester. On Saturday, reporters saw a Boeing 737-700 land shortly after 10 p.m. at Jacksonville International Airport. A group of ten to 15 people got onto a charter bus near a quiet cargo terminal and traveled two hours to Twin Oaks Academy, a juvenile detention center in the Apalachicola National Forest near Tallahassee.

A spokesperson for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis questioned why the Biden administration is resettling the migrants in “secrecy” if it is “so confident that their open border policy is good for our country.”

“Why is the Biden Administration refusing to share even the most basic information about illegal alien resettlement in communities throughout our state and the entire country?” spokeswoman Christina Pushaw said.

Former Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino, a Republican candidate for governor, told the paper that smaller planes first began arriving in April. Early on, the flights were not “as frequent,” he said.

He detailed a news conference he held at the airport in August during which he saw a flight arrive with at least 50 to 70 migrants, most of whom appeared to be men older than 20. The migrants boarded a bus that pulled up next to the airstairs, obscuring the view of people boarding it.

He accused the Biden administration of “systematically spreading the southern border crisis to communities all around the country, often shrouded in secrecy and under the cloak of darkness.”
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-administra ... 50591.html
raison de arizona

Is that not something totally different than what is going on here? They were prepared for them and the whole thing was coordinated. Not sure what your point is.
Many of the migrants were then seen meeting with relatives or sponsors in New Jersey or being dropped off at the Syosset, Long Island campus of MercyFirst, a nonprofit sponsored by the Catholic Sisters of Mercy. MercyFirst provides housing and services for “children and adolescents who are the victims of societal problems,”
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Not sure if it's true but when I was on my phone, I saw something that said DeSantis spent over $600,000 on two planes to fly 50 immigrants from Tx to Martha's Vineyard, working out to over $13K per person.

Yeah, like he couldn't have spent that $$ on getting us teachers.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Current Politics”