Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Florida Governor race, 2022 - Ron DeSantis v. Charlie Crist

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I know we have a topic on DeSantis, he's one of the worst of the right-wing pieholes.

But Crist is gonna put up a tussle.

Don’t underestimate Charlie Crist. He’s going for DeSantis’s jugular.
Crist, a mild-mannered moderate on the trail, came out swinging at DeSantis in his victory remarks: “Our fundamental freedoms are literally on the ballot. … A woman’s right to choose, on the ballot. Democracy, on the ballot. Your rights as minorities are on this ballot.” He told the crowd that DeSantis wants to be president, but if Crist wins, “that show is over.”

Crist went on to call his race “the most consequential … in the history of the state,” saying he hardly recognized today’s “extremist” Republicans, who “want to turn back the clock on our freedom.”

Crist made clear that he’s going to run as a uniter, while DeSantis schemes to reduce access to the voting booth. Crist vowed to make it easier to vote (saying Election Day should be a holiday), as well as to sign an executive order protecting abortion rights and reinstating Hillsborough County State Attorney Andrew Warren, whom DeSantis suspended for declaring he would not prosecute women seeking an abortion. Crist also went after DeSantis for refusing to call out GOP Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nuñez for suggesting Cubans “illegally” in the state should be bused to Delaware.

Crist’s attacks on DeSantis were unsparing: “He’s abusive. He is a bully. … He’s dangerous.” Crist accused the governor of imitating the worst political authoritarians around the globe, and bashed him for refusing to call out his flag-waving neo-Nazi supporters.
Forward - >
Out from under. :thumbsup:
tek

Re: Florida Governor race, 2022 - Ron DeSantis v. Charlie Crist

Post by tek »

Crist’s attacks on DeSantis were unsparing: “He’s abusive. He is a bully. … He’s dangerous.”
Fact Check: True.
Christ gets my vote this fall.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Crist, no H in it.

But yeah, what does it mean to DeSantis in 2024 if'n he can't even win his own state in 2022?

It means Trump gets the nomination, if he's still alive.

Hmm. :think:
tek

Post by tek »

Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:49 am Crist, no H in it.
:bag:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Hay, no worries, moar covfefe. :biggrin:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:53 am Hay, no worries, moar covfefe. :biggrin:
Charlie H. Crist, what are you doing foogy?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Drinking covfefe, of course. :whistle:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

In Florida's gubernatorial primary, more Democrats showed up to vote (1,513,180) than in 2018 (1,509,960). Given that 2018 was a historically favorable year for Democrats and 2022 recently looked like a Democratic wipeout, the similar level of Democratic engagement is surprising.
From "Democrats' stunning turnaround": https://www.axios.com/2022/08/25/democr ... turnaround
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:
‘Trump Without the Crazy’
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:42 am
In Florida's gubernatorial primary, more Democrats showed up to vote (1,513,180) than in 2018 (1,509,960). Given that 2018 was a historically favorable year for Democrats and 2022 recently looked like a Democratic wipeout, the similar level of Democratic engagement is surprising.
From "Democrats' stunning turnaround": https://www.axios.com/2022/08/25/democr ... turnaround
I don't know why the media is so gobsmacked and stunned by the Democrats' turnaround. Haven't they been paying attention to the signs? Voter registration by women is surging everywhere. The media convinced themselves that the reversal of Roe would be forgotten and wouldn't be a factor that would halt the pre-ordained R takeover. In other words, they had their storyline set in stone, only voters are upending it.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:like:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:41 am
orlylicious wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:42 am
I don't know why the media is so gobsmacked and stunned by the Democrats' turnaround. Haven't they been paying attention to the signs? Voter registration by women is surging everywhere. The media convinced themselves that the reversal of Roe would be forgotten and wouldn't be a factor that would halt the pre-ordained R takeover. In other words, they had their storyline set in stone, only voters are upending it.
That's exactly what they've been doing, Suzie. Some lazy editors and reporters just dusted off the "incumbent party loses midterms" playbook and went on vacation. For the most part, they also listened to the GOP propaganda that Dobbs was "no big deal". SCOTUS approval has been dropping like a rock all year and this was the straw for a lot of people, they missed that too. On the other hand, there's nothing they like more than comeback stories. Controversy and drama are what bring in ratings/dollars ("if it bleeds, it leads") so they'd love seeing Democrats come back, then something fu*ks it up, then ultimately Democrats triumph. All we can do is keep our heads down, keep registering voters, inform them of the importance of the election, and vote.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Debate coming up soon.

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Looks like crist tore him apart.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Great clips - thanks!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Can someone please let women and make up artists know that false eyeleashes are absolutely horrible looking? Good grief, that Moderater looks like she can barely open her eyes with those things.

I'm sorry, but I shuddered when I saw her.

And ya it looks like Christie did well. DeSantis flopping his mouth when Christie asked him straight out if he would do the 4 years was a thing of beauty.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:thumbsup: wow looks like Crist really mopped the floor with him. For whatever it's worth.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Crist will go on Fox and take hostile questions from them. Why doesn’t Desantis have the courage to do this? What is snowflake Desantis afraid of? Why is Brian Kilmeade on Fox & Friends the toughest interview he will take?

Montage of Desantis’s facial expressions during Crist’s debate answers.

GET THIS MAN A BINKY!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Those clips fill my heart with gladness. De Santis was totally unprepared for the attacks. But why? Crist has been vocal about his beef with DeSantis. His team let him down! Yay!

Seems like good audience energy also. Too.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

DeSantis looked like his urologist was giving him a digital exam during that spliced four-minute clip.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:31 pm Those clips fill my heart with gladness. De Santis was totally unprepared for the attacks. But why? Crist has been vocal about his beef with DeSantis. His team let him down! Yay!

Seems like good audience energy also. Too.
Why bother to prepare for a debate, when you've already rigged the election for yourself....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We have a winner!!

Even so, people down here are such bastards, they'd vote for Jeffrey Dahmer over a Democrat, as long as he had an R after his name.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:16 pm We have a winner!!

Even so, people down here are such bastards, they'd vote for Jeffrey Dahmer over a Democrat, as long as he had an R after his name.
A: Ted Bundy would have been a better reference :lol:

B: To be fair, if the Dems ran the corpse of James Buchanan, I'd vote for it over any R.... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Caught some of Hannity's radio show, apparently in his alternate universe, DeSantis killed it. The phrase was, "DeSantis ate his [Crist's] lunch." He raved on and on about DeSantis' performance.
:roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Governors & State Elections”