Larry Klayman

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Larry Klayman

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:33 pm

I'm assuming Florida state law has a Rule 11 equivalent. Every state of which I am aware does, but I don't know about Florida.

Seriously, judges. Crack the whip on these crank lawyers filing phony-baloney nine-figure grandstanding nuisance suits that have real consequences for the defendants who have to find actual competent attorneys to respond. I would have thought law and economics theory being so fashionable would have instilled in judges more regard for the costs of defending plainly frivolous litigation. Or is tort reform just about protecting massive corporations, rather than individuals? Oh, right...

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

bob

Post by bob » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm

"For completeness," Klayman's nastygram perfunctory retraction demand to FOX Harper Collins.

The gist of the whinefest being that the dispatcher wasn't "law enforcement." :roll:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

wserra

Post by wserra » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:17 pm

This on the same day that Judge Mehta put the final nail in Grossly Inappropriate Larry's suit on behalf of Grossly Racist Joe (Arpaio) against the NY Times. Brief recap (intended): back in August, Judge Mehta originally dismissed the nonsense because GIL's factual assertions - "You're all a bunch of big liberal meanies" - didn't quite suffice for actual malice, GRJ being a public figure. So GIL moves to amend - denied yesterday in the short linked decision/order.

Apparently "You're all a bunch of big liberal meanies who didn't even ask GRJ to deny it" falls a little short as well.

"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

bob

Post by bob » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Klayman wrote:12 PM Press Conference
* Attorney Larry Klayman
* George Zimmerman
* Film Director Joel Gilbert

1 PM The Trayvon Hoax — film
Thursday, December 5th at
Coral Gables Art Cinema
About that: Miami Herald: George Zimmerman vs. Coral Gables mayor? Canceled movie screening sets off uproar:
Coral Gables Art Cinema has canceled a Thursday afternoon screening of a new film documentary from George Zimmerman’s perspective on the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

The art house on Aragon Avenue had rented its space to a private party that on Wednesday announced it had intended to hold a news conference and screening of the film. Advertised as attending: Zimmerman, his attorney Larry Klayman, and Joel Gilbert, the director of “The Trayvon Hoax: Unmasking the Witness Fraud that Divided America.“
:oops: :

Klayman, smelling an opportunity:
Klayman, who is representing Zimmerman and the filmmaker, however, told the Miami Herald he believed Coral Gables’ Mayor Raúl Valdés-Fauli was behind the cancellation.

“The mayor of Coral Gables apparently personally intervened,” Klayman said. “This was a private event and he had no right to do that and his sorry derriere will be sued if he doesn’t reverse this and put it back in place. This is a violation of constitutional rights and we don’t know what he is afraid of.”

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm

bob wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm
"For completeness," Klayman's nastygram perfunctory retraction demand to FOX Harper Collins.

The gist of the whinefest being that the dispatcher wasn't "law enforcement." :roll:
His letter ends:
On behalf of my client, George Zimmerman, we expect an affirmative response by noon, Wednesday, December 4, 2019 to all of our demands; otherwise we will be compelled to file suit.
Since today is December 4, did he get a FOAD letter before filing?

bob

Post by bob » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:30 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm
On behalf of my client, George Zimmerman, we expect an affirmative response by noon, Wednesday, December 4, 2019 to all of our demands; otherwise we will be compelled to file suit.
Since today is December 4, did he get a FOAD letter before filing?
Who knows!

IIRC, Florida has a demand-retraction-first requirement. The sending of the demand letter -- and rejection thereof -- is the type of detail a minimally competent attorney would plead.

But it is Klayman, so.

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:43 pm

bob wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:23 pm
Klayman wrote:12 PM Press Conference
* Attorney Larry Klayman
* George Zimmerman
* Film Director Joel Gilbert

1 PM The Trayvon Hoax — film
Thursday, December 5th at
Coral Gables Art Cinema
I am only a tax attorney and this is far outside my area of expertise, but, if I were planning to sue someone for defamation, the last thing I would want to do would be to take steps affirmatively putting my client in the public spotlight (e.g. promoting a movie). I understand that it is far more difficult for a plaintiff to win a defamation case if he or she is a public figure.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:26 pm

How did Gilbert decide Jenteal was an impostor? It was her phone number on the call record, a call record the defense relied on heavily. Why impugn the call record that got him acquitted? Diamond stole Jenteals phone? Sounds like he’s confusing the girlfriend with Jenteal when they’re two different people. J never claimed to be the girlfriend.

And the thing about Jenteal providing a false statement came out during the trial, that ain’t new.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:40 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:26 pm
How did Gilbert decide Jenteal was an impostor? It was her phone number on the call record, a call record the defense relied on heavily. Why impugn the call record that got him acquitted? Diamond stole Jenteals phone? Sounds like he’s confusing the girlfriend with Jenteal when they’re two different people. J never claimed to be the girlfriend.

And the thing about Jenteal providing a false statement came out during the trial, that ain’t new.
Maybe it's not new, but GIL Klayman just discovered it, so it's new to him.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Jcolvin2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:43 pm
I am only a tax attorney and this is far outside my area of expertise, but, if I were planning to sue someone for defamation, the last thing I would want to do would be to take steps affirmatively putting my client in the public spotlight (e.g. promoting a movie). I understand that it is far more difficult for a plaintiff to win a defamation case if he or she is a public figure.
This is the guy who once sued a paper/media company for essentially repeating what he had filed on a public docket (the innapropriate touching comment). Litigation strategy is not his strong suit.

North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:31 pm

wserra wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:17 pm
This on the same day that Judge Mehta put the final nail in Grossly Inappropriate Larry's suit on behalf of Grossly Racist Joe (Arpaio) against the NY Times. Brief recap (intended): back in August, Judge Mehta originally dismissed the nonsense because GIL's factual assertions - "You're all a bunch of big liberal meanies" - didn't quite suffice for actual malice, GRJ being a public figure. So GIL moves to amend - denied yesterday in the short linked decision/order.

Apparently "You're all a bunch of big liberal meanies who didn't even ask GRJ to deny it" falls a little short as well.

Thank you very much for posting that! When we find a .doc version we can just search and replace with Nunes, Devin. We'll look like oracles. :smoking: Welcome to your future, Devin, Loomer et al. Remember how as more birther cases came down, the (slightly) more strict the judges became? And when they became cites it was like jackpot. So thank you GIL for saving a lot of time of future "futile" (fav word in the order) wasted time. :thumbs:

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
This is Joel Gilbert, who never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like. Joel Gilbert, who made the film Dreams From My Real Father that promoted Obama birther conspiracy theories.

This dude wouldn't recognize a fact if one came up and slapped him in the face in a brightly lit ballroom.

I've heard this bull before.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 pm

Just wondering... what happens to This sort of thing when the Trump-appointed judges with zero court experience start to hear GIL’s cases?

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:20 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:50 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
This is Joel Gilbert, who never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like. Joel Gilbert, who made the film Dreams From My Real Father that promoted Obama birther conspiracy theories.

This dude wouldn't recognize a fact if one came up and slapped him in the face in a brightly lit ballroom.
GIL is a near if not total stranger to truth and reality.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:27 pm

Whatever4 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 pm
Just wondering... what happens to This sort of thing when the Trump-appointed judges with zero court experience start to hear GIL’s cases?
Given GIL's track record with Trump appointees, I'm not too concerned yet.

North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:55 pm

GIL made the news in LV today too.
Cliven Bundy attorney: Feds have ‘zero chance’ of overturning indictment’s dismissal
https://www.reviewjournal.com/investiga ... l-1906381/

bob

Post by bob » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:05 am

Northland10 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:27 pm
Whatever4 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 pm
Given GIL's track record with Trump appointees, I'm not too concerned yet.
Yes: The current president's nominees have not been any kinder to Klayman.

bob

Post by bob » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:52 pm

FW: WHY I SUED FOR GEORGE ZIMMERMAN?:
"It Don't Matter If You Are Black or White?"

[ * * * ]

I see myself as a modern day disciple of [John] Adams and [Thomas] Jefferson, and that is why I do what I do.

That is why I legally represent those persons like Cliven and Ryan Bundy, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Dr. Jerome Corsi, Chief Justice Roy Moore, the Gold Star families who have been abandoned by their government and cannot get an honest answer about how the brave sons died at Benghazi and the Extortion 17 tragedy, the largest loss of U.S. military life in the Afghan war.

I represented the women who were raped, sexually harassed and/or threatened by Bill and Hillary Clinton: Juanita Broaddrick, Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Dolly Kyle Browning and Gennifer Flowers. In the last few years, I also stood up and filed lawsuits for other women who have been abused, such as Laurie Luhn, the one most victimized by Roger Ailes, the founder and former CEO of Fox News. I also sued the current head of Fox News, Suzanne Scott, for covering up, lying about Ailes' crimes and then defaming Ms. Luhn as part of Fox News' cover-up. Then there is Laura Loomer, who the leftist dominated social media has destroyed, by removing her from their platforms because she has challenged their darlings, such as Reps Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Governor Gavin Newsom and even themselves.
Klayman lost literally every one of those lawsuits. (Except Moore's, which he will soon lose.)
Like Adams, I pay the price for my legal advocacy on behalf of those destroyed by the leftist hordes of bomb throwers. But this is my calling and I accept it, and look only to God and His Son for salvation.

So it was that when I brought suit for my newest victim client, George Zimmerman, last Thursday, that I was immediately and predictably attacked by the leftist likes of ABC News, the home of such Clinton era hacks such as George Stephanopoulos. In a feature story on its nightly news show, and later its local affiliate in Miami where I was also linked unbelievably to the devil, I was falsely branded as someone who effectively specializes in suing black politicians with the defamatory implication of blacks in general, thus predictably casting me as a racist, the norm these days coming from the left. In fact, the only black politician that I have ever sued is Barack Hussein Obama, not coincidentally the latent reverse racist who ignited the race war all of us later had to endure. Specifically, ABC published that "The Boca Raton attorney (meaning me) has a long history of suing black lawmakers and pushing conspiracy theories." (ABC and any others who dare to defame me and my clients, can expect to be shortly sued, as I asked them to retract this falsity but they have refused.)
Klayman haz madz about this local station's piece.
This leftist attack on me, falsely branding my legal advocacy as a crusade against blacks, was obviously intended, like it was with my client George Zimmerman, to destroy my reputation and even to provoke physical harm against me. It is the equivalent of a leftist "Fatwah." Indeed, in the last days after I filed suit for George, I have received numerous threats.

But like Adams and Jefferson, and my brave clients, who stand in the breach for all Americans, I will not be coerced, threatened, kowtowed and silenced. For if we do not use legal and peaceful means to fight this cancerous tyranny, then we will encourage more of it and soon lose our freedoms and the great nation our forefathers conceived of and founded in my birthplace of Philadelphia on July 4, 1776.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:02 pm

Boca Raton, of course, means "rat mouth" in Spanish.

I can't think of a more appropriate city for him to live in. :blink:

I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

bob

Post by bob » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Foggy wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:02 pm
I can't think of a more appropriate city for him to live rent a mailbox in.
FIFY.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:56 pm

bob wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:36 pm
Foggy wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:02 pm
I can't think of a more appropriate city for him to live rent a mailbox in.
FIFY.
Correct. Sadly this pile of grossly inappropriate alleged human protoplasm lives within 20 miles of me.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Somebody must have really struck a nerve. GIL has dewicate fee fees, who knew???? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I rather suspect that Adams would be fulminatingly appalled to have GIL compared to him. Jefferson wouldn't have been any happier. Adams would particularly have been offended at any comparison to his lawyering as opposed to the brand GIL practices or the claiming of any association there to. This is almost as bad as fake Jefferson quotes.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:13 pm

"I have sues" is about most Klayman thing ever.

tek

Post by tek » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:36 pm

bob wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:13 pm
"I have haz sues" is about most Klayman thing ever.
FIFH. He can't get anything right.

There's no way back
from there to here

Return to “Miscellaneous”