Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Luke »

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 31s
#FBISearchWarrant Docket # 59 "RESPONSE to Motion by USA as to Sealed Search Warrant" reveals there are witnesses to Trump's potential crimes:
"...highly sensitive information about witnesses, including witnesses interviewed by the government..." #NoAffidavit #TrumpSearchWarrant
(Yeah, they might not have given the government anything but it puts a few more screws on the MAGAts.)

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by AndyinPA »

RVInit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:02 pm I am more and more convinced that Trump is actually going to be indicted eventually.
I am more hopeful of that, too.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

i suspect that there will be a slight delay while the FBI finished lifting all the fingerprints from the classified documents. Then a number of people without appropriate security clearance will have to sit down for some uncomfortable interviews. i think there will indeed be an indictment, several, in fact, but it’s going to take a while.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:12 pm so, who was the FSO for the White House during Trumps administration?
going back to this issue. let’s talk about the overall handling of classified material in Trumpworld.

my first question is how the hell did those hard copy documents wind up in Mal-A-Lardo in the first place? i know nothing about the nuts and bolts of the systems here, but I imagine that each copy is numbered and there is a tracking system that determines who has possession of what document, when it was created, who checked it out, when it was returned. I also imagine that the storage area was regularly inventoried and any discrepancies would have set off massive alarms.

Who in the Trump White House was responsible for doing this? why did those documents “slip through the cracks” as it were?

There are so many questions without good answers.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:47 pm
bob wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:19 pm PGH Post-Gazette: Mercer County man charged with threats to kill FBI agents after Mar-a-Lago search:
A Mercer County man threatened to murder FBI agents last week after the bureau's search of Donald Trump's Florida estate, saying "come and get me you piece of [expletive] feds" and "I am going to [expletive] slaughter you," according to a federal complaint filed Monday in Pittsburgh.

Adam Bies, 46, is charged in U.S. District Court with influencing, impeding or retaliating against federal law officers.

He is in U.S. custody and is set for an initial appearance hearing this afternoon before a federal magistrate judge.
Details about the threats at the link.
he is in the find out phase. good.
I'm conflicted about this. Generally I disagree with the idea of rounding people up for what they post online, but in this case I feel like it needed to be done.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

New Turtle wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:26 pm
Chilidog wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:47 pm
bob wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:19 pm PGH Post-Gazette: Mercer County man charged with threats to kill FBI agents after Mar-a-Lago search:

Details about the threats at the link.
he is in the find out phase. good.
I'm conflicted about this. Generally I disagree with the idea of rounding people up for what they post online, but in this case I feel like it needed to be done.
I mean, what's the alternative? Wait and see if he follows through? I get you for sure, but the threat is in itself a crime. And a dangerous one in this climate at that.

Also, Popehat:
18Hat793 @Popehat wrote: Imagine being 46 and having to call your wife to tell her you can’t pick up the kid from school because you’ve been arrested for shit-talking on Gab.
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1559266690109624321

Poor kid:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:26 pm
Chilidog wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:12 pm so, who was the FSO for the White House during Trumps administration?
going back to this issue. let’s talk about the overall handling of classified material in Trumpworld.

my first question is how the hell did those hard copy documents wind up in Mal-A-Lardo in the first place? i know nothing about the nuts and bolts of the systems here, but I imagine that each copy is numbered and there is a tracking system that determines who has possession of what document, when it was created, who checked it out, when it was returned. I also imagine that the storage area was regularly inventoried and any discrepancies would have set off massive alarms.

Who in the Trump White House was responsible for doing this? why did those documents “slip through the cracks” as it were?

There are so many questions without good answers.
It’s been a Really Long Time since I’ve handled classified material. I worked in the Radio Room at various Coast Guard installations, and here’s how we did it: A classified document came in, and it was my job to determine who locally should receive a copy. I made the requisite number of copies, and had a log book listing the original and each copy. I signed for the original, which went in the safe. I notified the recipients, and they came to the radio room to retrieve and sign the log book for their copies (I had to check my list of folks authorized to pick up classified docs for each unit), but they could only take the copy with them if it was not designated “SCI,” (which most were not because few CG units actually had SCIFs) and they knew how to draft them to allow them to leave the SCIF.

Like I said, it’s been a long time and it might be different now. But once a person authorized to pick up a classified document left my radio room, I had no control over what happened to it. There wasn’t a tracking number per se that I can recall, but there was a notation on the front page which units were authorized to have it. So if you worked at the Marine Safety Office, but the only authorized local recipient was the Coast Guard Cutter Schmidlap, you’d have some explaining to do (as would I).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

I think it's amusing that Adams Bies is threatening the FBI under the name Adam Kenneth Campbell. "Ha, ha" he thinks, "They'll never catch me now!"
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Fucking Anthony Robert Martin-Trigona, Mr. Vexatious, intervened in his capacity as a "ballot-qualified candidate for United States Senator in New Hampshire in the 2022 primary election (see andymartinforussenator.com) and a Republican Party activist" moves to intervene and seeks unsealing of the search warrant affidavit.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 54.0_7.pdf

Promptly denied, see docket # 58.

I heard him argue pro se before the Second Circuit back in the 1980s. He has a talent for causing harm. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Martin
bob

Post by bob »

chancery wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:39 pm Fucking Anthony Robert Martin-Trigona
aka "Birther King" Andy Martin.
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:09 pm "For completeness," a passport is a federal document; no one owns own their own passport.

It was covered by the search warrant.
We were having just this conversation at work yesterday. Of course, where I work, one is expected to know that.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

On a further note pursuant to the 'who owns a passport' thing:

This strikes me as overall ironic given the current direction of GOP MO. From McConnell to DeSantis to Trump, these men either are, or surround themselves, with people who find the little points of authority their office or branch of government has and says "You know, technically, the law says we can do this. Nobody ever does it, because it's considered a bad idea to take advantage of it, but technically....."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Trevor Noah Shatters Trump’s ‘Insane’ Excuses For Stealing Classified

The first take-down is perfectly worded.
Noah said of Trump’s excuse that he was taking work home,

“You know what, that is true everyone does take work home sometimes. but not Donald Trump. the man barely took work to work.

and also, by the way, it’s not taking work home with you if you no longer have the job. Can we agree on that? all right.

You don’t have the job. You can’t take work home with you. Like if you get fired from your babysitting job, but you still go pick up the kid from school, that’s a kidnapping.”
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:29 pm
Poor kid:
► Show Spoiler
Good Lord. This guys has a serious case of testosterone poisoning.

And his kid is going to have scoliosis. Thanks Dad.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I dunno. 14 miles in three days doesn't sound impressive unless I'm missing something.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:31 am I dunno. 14 miles in three days doesn't sound impressive unless I'm missing something.
Terrain. Fishing. Killing aminals. You know father son bonding stuff.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:34 am
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:31 am I dunno. 14 miles in three days doesn't sound impressive unless I'm missing something.
Actually, that's exactly what it sounds like.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:41 am
Somehow my father, and later myself, were able to do it without proclaiming our masculinity was superior to others. How other people raised their kids wasn't even on our radar. OTOH, our identities were tied more to the wrench than the weapon. So, maybe warrior class families are different.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:07 am

Somehow my father, and later myself, were able to do it without proclaiming our masculinity was superior to others. How other people raised their kids wasn't even on our radar. OTOH, our identities were tied more to the wrench than the weapon. So, maybe warrior class families are different.
No different than bonding over sports.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 am
bill_g wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:07 am

No different than bonding over sports.
Well, that's another testosterone soaked opportunity for dick measuring as well.

And something else entirely foreign to my upbringing.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Yeah.. as hobbies go, whatever floats your boat. Shooting, archery, hiking, all good stuff. But complaining about other people having too much literacy? Does the person not realize the amount of 'book learning' that went into that device they are using to access the internet?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hannity: You still have the surveillance tape, is that correct? Are you allowed to share that with the country?
Eric Trump: Absolutely. At the right time.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”