Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Kendra »

I thought a President automatically received a diplomatic passport, separate from his/her personal one.
Even if that's the case:

1. He would have had to return it at the end of the presidency

2. They still seized it
:popcorn:

Better shower and get to the store before things get crazier and I can't leave the internet for five minutes :whistle:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by RTH10260 »

I will put some water on this fire. The FBI opened his safe. If the passports were in a envelope then the may have taken an envelope without knowing its content. Maybe the search warrant specified to take everything. Personal belongings to be separated and returned when reviewing the heist. Once again, where is his legal crack team, why are they not requesting stuff, specific private items, be returned asap?

At this time I would not read anything special into this. IFF it comes to an arraignment the court may order the passports to be handed over.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

re diplomatic passport, iirc former presidents retain the right to travel with one, but i seem to remember they don't get to keep it at home, and only to be used on semi-official travels, not to go golfing in Scotland.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:rotflmao: Just thought the same thing, Kendra!!

He wants to "bring down the temperature", then posts something nuts like that? Can't imagine they'd take passports (unless, like someone mentioned, they were dip and he didn't return them, but even that's an area for study). The second warrant sounds really fun, is Bedminster next? Or would that have to be from an NJ judge?

Didn't birthers have crazy ideas about President Obama's passport?

Just saw a short clip from the White House about President Obama's passport from 2010, it shows it :P

There's an opinion piece in POLITICO about the pros and cons of giving the dotard a narrow pardon: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... p-00051859
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:12 pm He wants to "bring down the temperature", then posts something nuts like that?
Yeah, he couldn't even make it 4 hours. He is going for the attention just like he wanted to lower the temperature on January 6. I assume it was his staff that sent out the "lower the temp" announcement.

If he wanted to lower it, he would just shut up. Personal items can be returned. You just need to have your legal team request it. Easy peasy. Since this is his newest whine, I assume he just realized they were missing and has not even tried to get them back the normal way. If they had actually tried, they would have mentioned how they were refused.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just pointing out he did not write that. He never uses words like "my." and full sentences like "this is.." No way. Not him.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Also, tfg says “never before seen” not “never seen before” like a normal person would. :roll:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

John Bolton on Trump's claim that everything at Mar-a-Lago was declassified: "When I became National Security Adviser, I was never made aware of anything remotely approximating that policy and haven't heard anything of it since I left."

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

so, who was the FSO for the White House during Trumps administration?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Josh Marshall supplies a discussion that was inexcusably missing from Jack Goldsmith’s recent Lawfare article about whether it was appropriate or wise for AG Garland to approve the Mar-a-Lago search warrant.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/a- ... w5Fiu4lSFq

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/a- ... goldsmith/

Posted two links because I can’t tell if the share token voodoo on the first is good or bad.
bob

Post by bob »

PGH Post-Gazette: Mercer County man charged with threats to kill FBI agents after Mar-a-Lago search:
A Mercer County man threatened to murder FBI agents last week after the bureau's search of Donald Trump's Florida estate, saying "come and get me you piece of [expletive] feds" and "I am going to [expletive] slaughter you," according to a federal complaint filed Monday in Pittsburgh.

Adam Bies, 46, is charged in U.S. District Court with influencing, impeding or retaliating against federal law officers.

He is in U.S. custody and is set for an initial appearance hearing this afternoon before a federal magistrate judge.
Details about the threats at the link.
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:12 pm There's an opinion piece in POLITICO about the pros and cons of giving the dotard a narrow pardon: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... p-00051859
Read it and howled with laughter. Let's face it: the pros all require the GOP to be reasonable. So it's all cons. No pun intended.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

i’d put Kelly Anne at even odds, but i’m pretty sure she has nothing to say that they’d be interested in hearing.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Lindell at 100/1. he mainlines a mix of heroin and Kool-aid.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:19 pm PGH Post-Gazette: Mercer County man charged with threats to kill FBI agents after Mar-a-Lago search:
A Mercer County man threatened to murder FBI agents last week after the bureau's search of Donald Trump's Florida estate, saying "come and get me you piece of [expletive] feds" and "I am going to [expletive] slaughter you," according to a federal complaint filed Monday in Pittsburgh.

Adam Bies, 46, is charged in U.S. District Court with influencing, impeding or retaliating against federal law officers.

He is in U.S. custody and is set for an initial appearance hearing this afternoon before a federal magistrate judge.
he is in the find out phase. good.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I heard Patel on Bongino this morning and no way is that dude talking to the feds unless he is a whole hell of a lot more crafty than I am giving him credit for.

At least at this point.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

"For completeness," a passport is a federal document; no one owns own their own passport.

It was covered by the search warrant.
Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:19 pm PGH Post-Gazette: Mercer County man charged with threats to kill FBI agents after Mar-a-Lago search:

Mercer County comes as no surprise.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

In the article...
"My only goal is to kill more of them before I drop," he wrote on Thursday. "I will not spend one second of my life in their custody."
So much for that bold statement.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote:JUST IN: DOJ says it intends to unseal additional documents related to the Mar-a-Lago search. https://politico.com/f/?id=00000182-a33 ... 3f29010000
Full thirteen page "UNITED STATES’ OMNIBUS RESPONSE TO MOTIONS TO UNSEAL": https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000182 ... 3f29010000
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Kendra wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:42 pm
First, he very rarely ever travels outside the US as a private citizen, so he won’t miss them much. Second, why were they in boxes? Third, he’s a flight risk so don’t be in a hurry to give them back.
It’s a good thing he’s helping to bring the temperature down! :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I am more and more convinced that Trump is actually going to be indicted eventually.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”