Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:36 pm
People familiar with the Trump legal team’s efforts to locate documents describe a confusing chain of events that delayed discovery of the box, including having its contents uploaded to the cloud, emailed to a Trump employee, and moved to an offsite location before finally ending up back at a Mar-a-Lago bridal suite that is now Trump’s office – the very place that the FBI had searched just weeks earlier.
Takeaway- tfg’s office is the Mar-a-Lago bridal suite. How very.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators ... d=97909853
Special counsel Jack Smith is pushing to question an attorney for former President Donald Trump about an alleged phone call the two held as investigators were building evidence about Trump's potential obstruction of the government's efforts to retrieve classified materials that he had retained after leaving the White House, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

Smith in recent weeks has pressed for a federal judge in Washington, D.C., to pierce attorney-client privilege and force Trump attorney Evan Corcoran to testify, according to those sources, about a June 24, 2022, phone call that investigators believe Corcoran held with Trump.

The alleged call would have been on the same day that investigators subpoenaed the Trump Organization for surveillance footage from Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort as the government grew suspicious that Trump continued to hold onto classified materials even after one of his attorneys asserted in a sworn statement that he had complied with a subpoena requesting any remaining documents in his possession.

MORE: DOJ, citing crime-fraud exception, seeks to compel Trump attorney to testify in documents probe: Sources
It's not immediately clear how Smith's investigators learned of the call, or why they have zeroed in on it as part of their investigation into potential obstruction by Trump and his legal team.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/16/politics ... index.html
At least two dozen people – from Mar-a-Lago resort staff to members of Donald Trump’s inner circle at the Florida estate – have been subpoenaed to testify to a federal grand jury that’s investigating the former president’s handling of classified documents, multiple sources familiar with the investigation told CNN.

On Thursday, Trump’s communications aide Margo Martin, who worked in the White House and then moved with Trump to Florida, appeared before the grand jury in Washington, DC. One of special counsel Jack Smith’s senior-most prosecutors was involved in the interview.

Margo Martin, White House press assistant, listens during a news conference in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room at the White House in Washington, DC on Wednesday, July 8, 2020.

Margo Martin, White House press assistant, listens during a news conference in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room at the White House in Washington, DC on Wednesday, July 8, 2020.

Martin, who is among a small group of former White House advisers who have remained employed by Trump after he left office, declined to answer any questions when approached by a CNN reporter.

Smith has sought testimony from a range of people close to Trump – from his own attorneys who represent him in the matter to staffers who work on the grounds of Mar-a-Lago, including a housekeeper and restaurant servers, sources said.

The staffers are of interest to investigators because of what they may have seen or heard while on their daily duties around the estate, including whether they saw boxes or documents in Trump’s office suite or elsewhere.

“They’re casting an extremely wide net – anyone and everyone who might have seen something,” said one source familiar with the Justice Department’s efforts.

For instance, federal investigators have talked to a Mar-a-Lago staff member seen on security camera footage moving boxes from a storage room with Trump aide Walt Nauta, who has already spoken with investigators.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I read all these reports with the shark theme from Jaws playing in my mind.

:shark2:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: Judge Beryl Howell determined that Jack Smith has evidence that trump committed crimes by intentionally misleading his lawyers in the Mar-a-Lago documents case. More soon...
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

lol hes getting hit from every angle at the same time
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Every week seems worse for him than the last one. And it's only Tuesday :whistle:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

same
Sources: Special counsel claims Trump deliberately misled his attorneys about classified documents, judge wrote

KATHERINE FAULDERS, ALEXANDER MALLIN and LUCIEN BRUGGEMAN
Tue, March 21, 2023 at 11:10 PM GMT+1

Prosecutors in the special counsel's office have presented compelling preliminary evidence that former President Donald Trump knowingly and deliberately misled his own attorneys about his retention of classified materials after leaving office, a former top federal judge wrote Friday in a sealed filing, according to sources who described its contents to ABC News.

U.S. Judge Beryl Howell, who on Friday stepped down as the D.C. district court's chief judge, wrote last week that prosecutors in special counsel Jack Smith's office had made a "prima facie showing that the former president had committed criminal violations," according to the sources, and that attorney-client privileges invoked by two of his lawyers could therefore be pierced.

Trump has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in his handling of classified documents.

In her sealed filing, Howell ordered that Evan Corcoran, an attorney for Trump, should comply with a grand jury subpoena for testimony on six separate lines of inquiry over which he had previously asserted attorney-client privilege.

Sources added that Howell also ordered Corcoran to hand over a number of records tied to what Howell described as Trump's alleged "criminal scheme," echoing prosecutors. Those records include handwritten notes, invoices, and transcriptions of personal audio recordings.

In reaching the so-called prima facie standard to pierce Corcoran's privilege, Howell agreed prosecutors made a sufficient showing that on its face would appear to show Trump committed crimes. The judge made it clear that prosecutors would still need to meet a higher standard of evidence in order to seek charges against Trump, and more still to prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

"It is a lower hurdle, but it is an indication that the government had presented some evidence and allegation that they had evidence that met the elements of a crime," Brandon Van Grack, a former top national security official in the Justice Department who is now in private practice, told ABC News.

Howell found that prosecutors showed "sufficient" evidence that Trump "intentionally concealed" the existence of additional classified documents from Corcoran, sources said, putting Corcoran in an unwitting position to deceive the government.

It's unclear what evidence Howell may have reviewed under seal from both DOJ and Trump's attorneys to help her arrive at her decision.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/sources-speci ... 48707.html
(original: ABC News)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:20 pm Every week seems worse for him than the last one. And it's only Tuesday :whistle:
We are hitting all my Twitter hits tonight!

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

UPDATE: Trump lawyers made two midnight filings to stave off effort by DOJ effort to piece Trump’s attorney-client privilege in Mar-a-Lago documents cast.

At 5:36AM, DOJ filed a 6,400-word response, meeting the appeals court’s 6AM deadline. https://politico.com/news/2023/03/21/tr ... e-00088215
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: the DC appeals court has DENIED trump’s motion for a stay, and DIRECTS Corcoran to produce documents per Judge Howell’s Friday order (one of them).

No order on the TESTIMONY yet, but I expect that soon.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Kendra wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:35 pm

BREAKING: the DC appeals court has DENIED trump’s motion for a stay, and DIRECTS Corcoran to produce documents per Judge Howell’s Friday order (one of them).

No order on the TESTIMONY yet, but I expect that soon.
So next stop is John Roberts
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So, some more GJ testimony for Evan today?

This will be interesting.

Too bad we have to wait.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:37 pm Technical legal question

On social media, I have run into someone who swears up and down that attachment C in this document is not a Grand Jury subpoena.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 48.1_7.pdf

If it's not a subpoena, then what is it?

Bump to save the link to the attachment.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

It’s says it’s a subpoena right on the document. :confuzzled: Who’s saying nay?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I spent 10 minutes looking for that link
I bumped it up because of the Corcoran testimony.

The post I bumped up is way old.

I think I wound up blocking the idiot that I was discussing this with.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

An update on what's going on, a gift link to a Washington Post article, a couple of interesting paragraphs selected -

Justice Dept. said to have more evidence of possible Trump obstruction at Mar-a-Lago
In the classified documents case, federal investigators have gathered new and significant evidence that after the subpoena was delivered, Trump looked through the contents of some of the boxes of documents in his home, apparently out of a desire to keep certain things in his possession, the people familiar with the investigation said.

Investigators now suspect, based on witness statements, security camera footage, and other documentary evidence, that boxes including classified material were moved from a Mar-a-Lago storage area after the subpoena was served, and that Trump personally examined at least some of those boxes, these people said. While Trump’s team returned some documents with classified markings in response to the subpoena, a later FBI search found more than 100 additional classified items that had not been turned over.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

It's going to be hilarious if Trump's own security cameras caught him.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:29 pm An update on what's going on ...
Great, thanks. I'm sure it will be wonderful fun to see him searching through classified documents and keeping some for himself. :mrgreen:

And now, I feel the need to go off topic.
Off Topic
Investigators now suspect, based on witness statements, security camera footage, and other documentary evidence, that boxes including classified material ...
Footage.

This is a word that has been bothering me for a while.

What, in the physical world in which we live, is the "footage" captured by security video cameras?

Now gather around, children, and I'll tell you how cameras, especially motion picture cameras, used a thing called film, back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. This film stuff came in great rolls, and you could legitimately use the word "footage" to describe a length of film that showed something relevant. A length of film could be measured in feet and inches.

Footage actually meant something, and you could measure your footage.

But we don't have footage any longer, and so I think we need a new word. A verbiage.
:boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:57 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:29 pm An update on what's going on ...
Great, thanks. I'm sure it will be wonderful fun to see him searching through classified documents and keeping some for himself. :mrgreen:

And now, I feel the need to go off topic.
Off Topic
Investigators now suspect, based on witness statements, security camera footage, and other documentary evidence, that boxes including classified material ...
Footage.

This is a word that has been bothering me for a while.

What, in the physical world in which we live, is the "footage" captured by security video cameras?

Now gather around, children, and I'll tell you how cameras, especially motion picture cameras, used a thing called film, back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. This film stuff came in great rolls, and you could legitimately use the word "footage" to describe a length of film that showed something relevant. A length of film could be measured in feet and inches.

Footage actually meant something, and you could measure your footage.

But we don't have footage any longer, and so I think we need a new word. A verbiage.
:boxing:
Off Topic
How do you explain horsepower?
The average horsepower for more standard vehicles is somewhere around 180.
When was the last time you saw 180 horses pulling anything?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Off Topic
If a system was still using magnetic tape (VHS, Beta, some professional version) you could still call it footage as well.

Also, if I were using video editing software, there is the timeline/storyboard/whatever it's called at the bottom. On my laptop, the visible part is around a foot long. It would be longer on larger screens. Therefore, it is still footage of video.
101010 :towel:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”