Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
realist

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by realist »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:51 am Most of his attorneys these days seem to be the type who have their faces on interstate billboards.
While I agree there are far too many of them, those "advertising lawyers" are far from "most."

You won't see those billboards from really good attorneys. They don't need it and most of them don't like those that do so.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

His lawyers, unless they are permanently disbarred, will enjoy a lot of clients in the future, regardless of their competence or record, just because they have an association with the Great Worm. Especially those who practice in Florida, and are willing to represent senior citizens. They're gonna make bank on the seniors.

The trick is not to get disbarred. ;)
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

realist wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:12 am
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:51 am Most of his attorneys these days seem to be the type who have their faces on interstate billboards.
While I agree there are far too many of them, those "advertising lawyers" are far from "most."

You won't see those billboards from really good attorneys. They don't need it and most of them don't like those that do so.
I think she meant most of trump's lawyers are billboard lawyers, not that most lawyers were on billboards.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Foggy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:12 am His lawyers, unless they are permanently disbarred, will enjoy a lot of clients in the future, regardless of their competence or record, just because they have an association with the Great Worm. Especially those who practice in Florida, and are willing to represent senior citizens. They're gonna make bank on the seniors.

The trick is not to get disbarred. ;)
Yep, those lawyers are going the Larry KKKlayman route, with Republican sugar daddies.
realist

Post by realist »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:35 am

I think she meant most of trump's lawyers are billboard lawyers, not that most lawyers were on billboards.
Maybe done badly on my part. It was meant as a separate statement from just "his," not wanting people to think that most lawyers are on billboards.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:35 am

My go-to statement has been "Most of Trump's attorneys could be beat by Lionel Hutz, and he's a fictional character voiced by a dead actor."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:33 am
Maybenaut wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:14 am I mean, some decisions belong to the client, but the client can’t force an attorney to do anything the attorney thinks is frivolous.
Conversely, an attorney could give private advice (ie, just return the damn documents!), but have that advice ignored, choose not to withdraw, and then publicly zealously advocate contrary to the privately proffered but rejected advice.

Nonetheless, there's a way to do that without frivolity and ethical concerns. Yet here we are.
See, that’s the part I don’t get.

Trump: I want you to file a motion seeking [insert frivolous idea here].
Attorney: I can’t do that for the following 10 reasons.
Trump: I don’t care. Do it anyway.
Attorney: OK.

I get the part about recalcitrant clients not following your advice, and being left with the fallout. What I don’t get is attorneys who take the frivolous route because the client insists on it.

It’s a world gone mad.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I dunno either, Maybenaut.

I can only suggest that perhaps certain people have this affinity for rubbing elbows with celebrities and other extremely popular individuals. It gets them attention in their circles, and they are willing to risk whatever fallout today for future benefits down the road.

For example, in my worst nightmare tfg is reelected. Doncha think that these lawyers will have an easy path to some job on his staff or having an important role in some governmental agency? He rewards loyalty, not competence.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
realist

Post by realist »

Maybenaut wrote:I get the part about recalcitrant clients not following your advice, and being left with the fallout. What I don’t get is attorneys who take the frivolous route because the client insists on it.

It’s a world gone mad.
I don't get it either. I don't know one attorney (and I know many) who would never file such crap, no matter who asked them to.

One thing those attorneys who do it know, is that it is rare to get a sanction, much less disbarred. So there's little deterrent and perhaps worth taking the risk to put on your website I represented X. :shrug:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

And so now where are we?
  • Judge Cannon’s interference has been put to an end.
  • By now, Judge Dearie may have already returned all the documents he had, back to the DOJ. The DOJ has everything the FBI seized.
  • The criminal investigation proceeds unimpeded. Jack Smith is in charge of it.
  • The final ruling by the 11th Circuit was that the search of Mierda Lardo on August 8th was entirely legal, and the DOJ doesn't have to give anything back to Trump.
  • So he promptly gave an interview where he said the search was illegal and they had to give him everything back. :? :liar: Proving, once again, that he lives in two conflicting realities. (Narrator: There's really only one reality.)

But one of these days, someone needs to go to jail. :mad:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

humblescribe wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:28 pm I dunno either, Maybenaut.

I can only suggest that perhaps certain people have this affinity for rubbing elbows with celebrities and other extremely popular individuals. It gets them attention in their circles, and they are willing to risk whatever fallout today for future benefits down the road.

For example, in my worst nightmare tfg is reelected. Doncha think that these lawyers will have an easy path to some job on his staff or having an important role in some governmental agency? He rewards loyalty, not competence.
That is the best explanation I have seen. I don't see the allure of sucking up, especially to the Orange Rump, to "get ahead," but I have to remember that I tend to think differently than some folks.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Still some discrepancies :think:
Federal judge orders Trump to provide name of private investigators in document search

Jared Gans
Fri, January 6, 2023 at 4:51 PM GMT+1

A federal judge has ordered attorneys for former President Trump to provide the government with the names of the private investigators he hired to search for classified documents at his properties.

Trump’s attorneys had hired the investigators last fall after a federal judge urged them to find out whether there were other classified documents in Trump’s possession after a previous search at his Mar-a-Lago home where classified materials were discovered.

Two people familiar with the matter told The New York Times on Thursday that Chief Judge Beryl Howell from the Federal District Court in Washington, D.C., issued the order on Wednesday.

The Washington Post first reported last month that Trump’s legal team had hired an outside group to search at least two of his properties after a federal judge asked them to ensure they fully complied with a subpoena issued in May from the Justice Department (DOJ).

At least two documents with classified markings were found at a storage unit in West Palm Beach, Fla., not far from Mar-a-Lago, during the search.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-judg ... 10725.html
(original: The Hill)
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

So the records are from the Obama administration era, but it's "the President", i.e. Biden, who periodically used the office in 2017-2020.

I would expect TFG to milk "Biden did it too" for all he can get out of it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Sure, just show me where the NARA asked, then wrote a letter, then sent a subpeona for them and where Biden said "Nope, I have Absolute Immunity because 'King' " and it'll almost be the dame thing.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"housed in a locked closet" versus stored in boxes in a basement room :shh:
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

This deserves its own thread.
The Biden docs are no small thing. There will be whataboutism and there are significant differences as Gregg noted.
sucks that this is true.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The Vice President’s office from 7 years ago is where they found them? How do they know that’s not Pence’s doing?
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Biden’s attorneys found the docs in an office that Biden used at a think tank… just what I’ve read.
Allegedly including SCIF level docs.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I admit, I confess - Hunter Biden’s laptop put the documents in his dad's office.
:blackeye:

Edit: I'm not anthropomorphizing, you're anthropomorphizing. :nope:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

Pence never occupied the office.
It was a private office at the Penn-Biden Center in Washington, not at the White House.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Oh. That’s what I get for not reading the article. :oopsy:
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:32 pm Sure, just show me where the NARA asked, then wrote a letter, then sent a subpeona for them and where Biden said "Nope, I have Absolute Immunity because 'King' " and it'll almost be the dame thing.
You know that and I know that, but sometimes if you have to explain, you've already lost, at least in the court of public opinion.

This may seem weird, but it reminds me of the time Clinton had to withdraw Zoe Baird's AG nom after it came out she had hired an illegal alien for domestic help and not paid Social Security taxes for her. As I recall, Kimba Wood was also on the shortlist, but wound up rejected as a replacement because she too had hired an illegal alien, even though it was not illegal when Wood did so AND she scrupulously paid all required taxes (rare in such situations). They decided they just couldn't explain a distinction like that to the public.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Haven't seen a link yet, but CNN reporting on air that those two peeps that were hired to search in warehouse(s) for more documents have testified before a grand jury.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Anders is right, IMHO. Since they found classified documents at Biden’s properties, Trump will never be charged with the theft of the documents he stole.

And it's because the public couldn't understand the distinctions. We are shaping national policy upon the fact that our population is largely uneducated and unable to think critically.

:(
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

For the GOP, that's a win-win.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”