Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:51 pm
Kendra wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:34 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkows ... 9824854017
Seb Gorka tells Steve Bannon that he has an anonymous source inside the FBI who supposedly told him he believes they planted listening devices at Mar-a-Lago.
Gorka and Bannon? Now there’s a brain trust.
In the sense that they deposited a single brain into a trust, and share it as members of said trust, sure.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by raison de arizona »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:35 am
raison de arizona wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:51 pm
Gorka and Bannon? Now there’s a brain trust.
In the sense that they deposited a single brain into a trust, and share it as members of said trust, sure.
So they’re half wits? You’re too generous!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

DOJ subpoenaed Mar-a-Lago surveillance footage from a 60-day period, including views from outside the storage room. The footage showed that, after one instance in which officials were in contact with Trump's team, boxes were moved in and out of the room.
Hard to keep track on what we've discussed and/or missed with all the :shit: going on in the news cycle, but can anyone here really think Trump was moving boxes in and out?

How much time does Kash Patel spend at Mar a Lago? Jared?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 5f25dc198f
Fox News anchor Eric Shawn floated the possibility that former President Donald Trump may have tried to "sell" classified documents to Russia or Saudi Arabia.

The FBI executed a search warrant at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort residence on Monday in search of top secret and sensitive compartmentalized information, as well as other classified documents. The Washington Post reported Thursday that information regarding nuclear weapons was believed to be among the documents sought by federal agents, and a Russian-state television host said officials in Moscow have already studied the records. Trump described the report regarding nuclear weapons documents as a "hoax."

In a Sunday Fox News broadcast, Shawn interviewed former intelligence officer and Russian expert Rebekah Koffler. At the start of the segment, the Fox News anchor raised questions about what Trump may have done with the classified materials.

Shawn, citing reports, said that intelligence officials reportedly feared "either the material was being mishandled or even possibly illegally transferred...to others."

"And more questions are being raised this morning. Did former President Trump try to sell [or] share the highly classified material to the Russians or to the Saudis, or others? Or were the documents innocently mishandled and stored because he thought he had a legal right to have them?" the Fox News anchor asked.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Moar complete clip from today's SOTU interview. Enjoy.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:34 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESCAY7lijrs

Thx. I think. I try to make it a point not to hate, but I hate that dude. He is horrible.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:18 am
Kendra wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:34 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESCAY7lijrs

Thx. I think. I try to make it a point not to hate, but I hate that dude. He is horrible.
Agreed. The clip ended a bit too quick, but she did push back on the Truth Social/Breitbart push notices on revealing agent's names on the released documents. Bastard claimed he didn't know nothing about that (paraphrasing). Eff them all.

I'm up late, so likely will sleep through New Day and Kiarla's 'day job', but I would love to see some video of her team giving her the high fives for a job well done. Even George Conway tweeted to never ever EVER mess with her :boxing:
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

DOJ is probably not gonna give much or any briefing to House committees until they start charging people. At least one on those committees is fishing for inside info about the investigation to pass to the Trump people.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:08 am
DOJ subpoenaed Mar-a-Lago surveillance footage from a 60-day period, including views from outside the storage room. The footage showed that, after one instance in which officials were in contact with Trump's team, boxes were moved in and out of the room.
Hard to keep track on what we've discussed and/or missed with all the :shit: going on in the news cycle, but can anyone here really think Trump was moving boxes in and out?

How much time does Kash Patel spend at Mar a Lago? Jared?
I don't know how big this storage area is, but if crowded or smallish, I can picture trump directing people to move stuff out of there to, say, his residence where it may be easier for him to oversee, via video, sorting out what he was willing to let them have v what he wanted to keep.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

At the link posted by poplove above, one of the commenters says "you stupid idiots! Trump had a SCIF constructed at Mar-a-Lago! look it up!"

Even if true,
- just because it was a SCIF doesn't mean it is currently an approved SCIF. I don't know, but I imagine there are required things like audits and a designated security officer etc.
- absolutely nobody is going to recommend that you "put a padlock on" a SCIF, so even if there were a SCIF it doesn't seem likely that's where the documents were.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well ain't that a bitch. :lol:

warrant image1.png
warrant image1.png (50.13 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

back please.jpg
back please.jpg (145.32 KiB) Viewed 613 times
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

in RE: the “standing order”

I’m going to play devil’s advocate here for a second.

We know from things that John Bolton said in an interview that the intelligence community had to prepare their PDBs in visual form, with charts, maps, pictures etc that they would hand to tfg to look at, and that sometimes tfg would keep these. My theory is that the White House FSO, knowing that it was impossibly to get tfg into the SCIF to store and look at these under standard operating procedures, created an end-around whereby the WHITE HOUSE RESIDENCE was considered a SCIF whenever tfg took classified documents there. while this was a far from ideal situation (i believe that there are windows), given the overall security of the WH residence, is at least somewhat understandable.

However, i also believe that:

1) this was an unofficial policy, a convenient fiction, as it were. it was never formally recorded as such.
2) this only applied to the residence in the White House.
3) this only allowed for Trump to handle classified documents in the residence, it had no impact on the classification status of those documents.

Any thoughts on this?
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

tek wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:30 am At the link posted by poplove above, one of the commenters says "you stupid idiots! Trump had a SCIF constructed at Mar-a-Lago! look it up!"

Even if true,
- just because it was a SCIF doesn't mean it is currently an approved SCIF. I don't know, but I imagine there are required things like audits and a designated security officer etc.
- absolutely nobody is going to recommend that you "put a padlock on" a SCIF, so even if there were a SCIF it doesn't seem likely that's where the documents were.
Back in "Ye Olde Days of Yore" when one played silly beggars in the Military industrial Combine, one of the defining characteristics of "secure" locations was....well they remained secure for the life of the location be it temporary, semi permanent or permanent.

That meant that they were physically secured so that naughty and nefarious individuals couldn't..... I don't know..... breach the security with listening devices as an example by wandering in 'cause well they could.

If said "secure" locations integrity was believed to have EITHER been breached or there was the POSSIBILITY of breach then the location lost it's secure designation until such time as a risk review, cleanse and re-designation had occurred.

So, if say the tent like mobile SCIF that had to accompany The Fecking Grifter to locations like Lard O' Maggot was set up, then, all the nice SS agents buggered off for a pint and a cigarette, leaving the SCIF unattended, that would IMMEDIATELY void the secure status of the SCIF. It's the same sort of thing as "chain of custody" for legal documents. If you can't demonstrate and prove the integrity of the custody, it will (pendant certain arcana) be assumed to have been broken.

Same is if there was some mythical "permanent" SCIF in Lard O' Maggot. Unless the security of the location can be demonstrated and proven to be intact throughout its life, it cannot be deemed "secure". Now there are ways of doing this with a combination of physical security, active monitoring, layered access, inviolate access records etc however.... if the "secure location " needed someone to add a 10 dollar Home Depot padlock on the door...... It ain't a SCIF and it sure as Hades wasn't a "secure" or "secured" location.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

But those regs ALSO dictate that documents classified Secret stored in a non-GSA approved container (like a basement storage room in a golf resort) must be inspected every 4 hours by someone with a Secret clearance.

That may be why DOJ had reason to ask for surveillance video.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

That fencing doesn't look very secure.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:54 am
But those regs ALSO dictate that documents classified Secret stored in a non-GSA approved container (like a basement storage room in a golf resort) must be inspected every 4 hours by someone with a Secret clearance.

That may be why DOJ had reason to ask for surveillance video.
I doubt that. I think they want the surveillance video so they can see when boxes of docs were moved in and out, by whom, and who actually accessed that space.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: Arsonist Offers To Help Put Out Fire. In first interview since the search, Trump says: “The temperature has to be brought down in this country. If there is anything we can do to help, I and my people would be willing to do that.”

18 Republican Members of Congress just sent a letter to Merrick Garland demanding that he disclose info relating to the confidential informant, and other info surrounding the search warrant. (The usual suspects).
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Good luck with that.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:11 pm Good luck with that.
Wasn't there some other confidential source name they got their hands on and leaked? :oldlady: and my memory sucks, so if someone can help, I'd be grateful :bighug:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:53 am Well ain't that a bitch. :lol:

warrant image1.png
What other search warrant?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

First, he very rarely ever travels outside the US as a private citizen, so he won’t miss them much. Second, why were they in boxes? Third, he’s a flight risk so don’t be in a hurry to give them back.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”