Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Suranis

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Suranis »

Did someone think that his 3 million retainer gave him the right to tell Donba the Hutt the truth? Oh dear...
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I hope the $3mil was a flat fee and not a retainer. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:38 am I hope the $3mil was a flat fee and not a retainer. :biggrin:
Will we ever know?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

What a 🤡 show.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, Trump’s lawyers didn't even have to go crying to Judge Cannon. She decided to help him out all by herself. What a lovely way to blatantly pull the rug out from under her own special master! I wonder how the 11th Circuit might react? :think:

She was already famous as the worst hack in the federal court system. This doesn't put her any worse.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

For completeness, the 🤡 order (well, the latest one): https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .125.0.pdf

ETA: just noticed this was already in ander's post :bag:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Can loose cannon yank Dearie and appoint someone that will play ball?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Haven’t seen it docketed yet, but according to Teri the DOJ is gonna appeal.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:40 pm Can loose cannon yank Dearie and appoint someone that will play ball?
A special master is appointed for the convenience of the district judge, and is pretty much subject to the judge's complete control. It does not, however, reflect well on a judge if she is micromanaging the special master -- especially in the highly unusual -- possibly unique -- situation in which the special master is a widely revered _active_ district court judge with nearly 40 years seniority. Rule 53 does not expressly provide for replacing one special master with another one, but I'm reasonably confident that doing so would be well within the district judge's discretion.
raison de arizona

chancery wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:53 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:40 pm Can loose cannon yank Dearie and appoint someone that will play ball?
A special master is appointed for the convenience of the district judge, and is pretty much subject to the judge's complete control. It does not, however, reflect well on a judge if she is micromanaging the special master -- especially in the highly unusual -- possibly unique -- situation in which the special master is a widely revered _active_ district court judge with nearly 40 years seniority. Rule 53 does not expressly provide for replacing one special master with another one, but I'm reasonably confident that doing so would be well within the district judge's discretion.
Thanks chancery.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Now that the DOJ has the ability to continue their investigation of the classified stuff, they have the freedom to toy with Cannon to their heart's content while setting trump up for prison time. Appeal every single word out of her mouth until the 11th flogs her so badly she slinks off. Then do it some more.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

chancery wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:53 pm
And that is how Jenna Ellis became the Special Master and extended the deadline till September, 2059.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

The Eleventh Circuit is extremely unlikely to get involved in procedural rulings like this one, or to reverse her action if it did get involved. It was Judge Cannon's extraordinary defiance of the executive department's well-established power over classified documents that led to her being reversed before, and there's nothing like that at issue here.

That said, what she just did could form part of a record of partiality that could cause the court of appeals to take her off the case, but I doubt that the record is close to being strong enough yet.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Shirley, even Judge Loose isn’t this completely incompetent. I can’t be the only one who thinks this behavior was bought and paid for in some form or other?
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:55 pm Oh man, Trump’s lawyers didn't even have to go crying to Judge Cannon. She decided to help him out all by herself. What a lovely way to blatantly pull the rug out from under her own special master! I wonder how the 11th Circuit might react? :think:

She was already famous as the worst hack in the federal court system. This doesn't put her any worse.
Trump's team had sent Cannon their objections to the special master's plan. This was initially sealed, but unsealed after the DOJ's filed their response unsealed: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .123.1.pdf| I believe they also submitted a response to the DOJ's response.

But it was crying to Judge Cannon that prompted this.

ETA: Whoops, I completely misunderstood. The objections were sent to Dearie, not Cannon (see below). "Never mind"
andersweinstein

Greatgrey wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:42 pm Haven’t seen it docketed yet, but according to Teri the DOJ is gonna appeal.
I suspect this is just referring to the existing notice of appeal of the original ruling granting the special master review.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:49 pm Shirley, even Judge Loose isn’t this completely incompetent. I can’t be the only one who thinks this behavior was bought and paid for in some form or other?
Definitely not the only one...
realist

Post by realist »

andersweinstein wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:53 pm
Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:55 pm Oh man, Trump’s lawyers didn't even have to go crying to Judge Cannon. She decided to help him out all by herself. What a lovely way to blatantly pull the rug out from under her own special master! I wonder how the 11th Circuit might react? :think:

Trump's team had sent Cannon their objections to the special master's plan. This was initially sealed, but unsealed after the DOJ's filed their response unsealed: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .123.1.pdf| I believe they also submitted a response to the DOJ's response.

I have perhaps missed something. The linked document was sent to Dearie. Where is anything Trump sent to Cannon before she changed her own timeline or was it just sua sponte?
Image X 4
Image X 32
June bug

Post by June bug »

andersweinstein wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:57 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:42 pm Haven’t seen it docketed yet, but according to Teri the DOJ is gonna appeal.
I suspect this is just referring to the existing notice of appeal of the original ruling granting the special master review.
That’s what I think too. DOJ now has to decide whether it’s worth it to them to expedite that larger appeal or if it’s a better use of resources to concentrate on the classified documents.
andersweinstein

realist wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:50 pm
andersweinstein wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:53 pm Trump's team had sent Cannon their objections to the special master's plan. This was initially sealed, but unsealed after the DOJ's filed their response unsealed: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .123.1.pdf| I believe they also submitted a response to the DOJ's response.

I have perhaps missed something. The linked document was sent to Dearie. Where is anything Trump sent to Cannon before she changed her own timeline or was it just sua sponte?
Oh, sorry, my mistake. Apologies to Foggy, I had a misconception there. The recent ruling begins:
THIS CAUSE comes before the Court upon the Amended Case Management Plan (the “Plan”) [ECF No. 112], filed on September 23, 2022. The Court has reviewed the Plan, Plaintiff’s Objections [ECF No. 123-1], Defendant’s Response to Plaintiff’s Objections and Motion to Modify and Adopt the Plan [ECF No. 121], and the full record. Upon review, the Court ACCEPTS IN PART AND REJECTS IN PART the Plan [ECF No. 112], as stated below:
So ... does that count as sua sponte or not?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

It means she’s gonna micromanage Dearie and second guess everything he does.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Pretty sure Trump et al filed their latest motion in whatever the term for "secret" is (it's late and IANAL). There was a lot of jabbering from Trump et al that DOJ continues to "leak" private information by filing non-secret (see above) filings.

Such is the depth of their desperation.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

By my math if they start scanning October 10, work two shifts per day, they will have the bulk of it done by Nov. 1.

If they start with the documents pulled aside by the taint team, The judge will be basically done by the middle of October.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”