Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Luke »

realist wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:17 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:48 am Was that a boo-boo on Cannons part? Or deliberate? I’m SO confused.
Deliberate in the way that she is totally clueless. No idea what she’s doing. Incompetent and insane.
Realist called it as only he can! :dance: And notice there seems to be an extra spring in his dancing step in The Fogbow's Favourite Avatar™ :P

Foggy, in your avatar, are you giving that flower to
a) Judge Loose Cannon
b) Orly Taitz
c) the titular Mama June since she's in the hospital or
d) specify and explain

Love the "put up or shut up" from Ray Dearie. These clowns thought Dearie would do their bidding? Didn't work out too well.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by RTH10260 »

Jim wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:42 pm Is there an outstanding appeal by the DOJ to remove Cannon from the case or did the DOJ get what they wanted and probably won't worry about the SM doing what the FBI has to do anyway, make sure no personal, client/attorney stuff has been taken>
There is still the appeal against the ruling with all the errors she made. It's not about removing her from the case. The ruling today was a separate injunction(sp?) to remove the block on working on the criminal case entwined with the review of the implication of the leak of secret documents. Now there is nothing pressing anymore, DOJ can wait and let the former guy sweat it, he wants his property back, but as long as litigation goes on that will not happen.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:58 pm Foggy, in your avatar, are you giving that flower to ...
... the lovely ol' Wifehorn, of course. :lovestruck:
Love the "put up or shut up" from Ray Dearie. These clowns thought Dearie would do their bidding? Didn't work out too well.
I can tell you right now that Trump's attorneys are going to refuse to play, and Trump is going to go right on wondering openly whether the FBI agents planted fake evidence, and nothing Judge Dearie or any of his lawyers say will make any difference.

And Judge Dearie might order them to play, in which case I promise you they will go running back to Judge Cannon for help, and she will help.

So don't expect him to put up or shut up any time soon.
Edit: Judge Dearie did order them to submit a declaration regarding the alleged planted evidence and so I am converting the sentence above into a prediction, second one of the day: Trump's lawyers will go running back to Judge Cannon for help so they don't have to submit the declaration, and she will help to the extent she can.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Foggy, wonderful answer about Wifehorn, but be careful that Orly Taitz doesn't SUE YOU FOR TREASON! She knows where Judge Loose Cannon's court is now... :P

Cutie (& pretend boyfriend) Miles Taylor just said on Deadline White House that this looks like it might be the YEAR OF KARMA for Donald. Love that.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Golly, they don’t like their own judges.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

As a United States District Judge in active service, the undersigned will seek no
additional compensation for performing the duties of Special Master in this action. The
undersigned proposes that Judge Orenstein be compensated at the hourly rate of $500. The
undersigned further proposes that the Special Master will provide the parties with monthly
invoices, starting on October 1, 2022, setting forth the hours worked and expenses to be
reimbursed. No later than seven calendar days after receiving each such invoice, Plaintiff shall
notify the undersigned of any objections to the invoice, which will be promptly reviewed and
resolved. No later than seven calendar days after the undersigned has resolved any such disputes
(or seven calendar days after receiving an invoice as to which Plaintiff raises no objections),
Plaintiff will submit payment in full as directed on the invoice. Failure to make timely payment
will be deemed a violation of the Special Master’s order subject to sanction pursuant to Federal
Rule of Civil Procedure 53(c)(2).
Somebody's been paying attention to Trump's payment history.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I would like to announce the following:

This is the exact opposite of what Trump wanted to happen when he paid THREE MILLION DOLLARS to a new lawyer just a couple weeks ago to handle it.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rotflmao:

What is the world coming to when you pay a lawyer THREE MILLION DOLLARS and the judges keep saying "Bend over and grab your ankles!"

I betcha he's really enjoying this! :shrug:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Comes da moment, comes daa man:

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Sanctions. The master may by order impose on a party any noncontempt sanction provided by Rule 37 or 45, and may recommend a contempt sanction against a party and sanctions against a nonparty.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_53

Interestingly, there is nothing in Rule 37 or 45 about failure to pay expenses, so I'm curious as to how this would be invoked. 37 is about discovery and 45 is subpoenas, so I'm guessing it'd be from the Rule 37 line.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Just for fun, I'm going to repeat/clarify my two predictions for the day:

1. I predict the DOJ will file a Motion to Dismiss in Judge Cannon’s court, maybe as soon as mañana, but there's no rush. It will incorporate direct quotes from the 11th Circuit ruling last night, and will argue that Judge Cannon lacks jurisdiction to proceed, and,

2. I predict that Trump’s attorneys will file a Motion for a Partial Stay of Judge Dearie's Case Management Plan in Judge Cannon’s court, insofar as he ordered them to specify evidence claims. The declaration Judge Dearie ordered them to file isn't due until September 30th, so they have a little time. Not much, but a little.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

This may be a stupid question but, in trump's little brain, could he reason that, by not paying, everything goes into limbo until the SM is paid up? Shorter stupid question: Does trump think he can delay by deadbeating?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I hope the DOJ lets Dearie kick Donnie in the nads a bit longer…
Luke

Post by Luke »

OK so on the Hannity interview last night gotta admit we thought this, but Ken Olin tweeted it and Rick Wilson retweeted. It's not a fat joke, it's just... bizarre.

Toilet Don.JPG
Toilet Don.JPG (61.03 KiB) Viewed 863 times

New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

That might be where he stores his declassifier.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:06 pm Just for fun, I'm going to repeat/clarify my two predictions for the day:

1. I predict the DOJ will file a Motion to Dismiss in Judge Cannon’s court, maybe as soon as mañana, but there's no rush. It will incorporate direct quotes from the 11th Circuit ruling last night, and will argue that Judge Cannon lacks jurisdiction to proceed, and,

2. I predict that Trump’s attorneys will file a Motion for a Partial Stay of Judge Dearie's Case Management Plan in Judge Cannon’s court, insofar as he ordered them to specify evidence claims. The declaration Judge Dearie ordered them to file isn't due until September 30th, so they have a little time. Not much, but a little.
Isn’t there already a denied motion to dismiss pending at the 11th Circuit?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:25 pm This may be a stupid question but, in trump's little brain, could he reason that, by not paying, everything goes into limbo until the SM is paid up? Shorter stupid question: Does trump think he can delay by deadbeating?
Imma gonna go out on my non-lawyerly limb:

The payments for the Special Master's support will come from the $3 million that tfg ponied up to his new lawyer. I have to assume that these funds were deposited into this lawyer's trust/escrow account. Funds from that account will be disbursed periodically for legal expenses and legal fees.

Once those funds are exhausted, the lawyer will ask for more. In the alternative, if tfg keels over and all litigation ceases, the excess will be cheerfully refunded.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:09 pm Isn’t there already a denied motion to dismiss pending at the 11th Circuit?
I honestly don't know. Did the government file a Motion to Dismiss and Cannon denied it? I don't think the denial of a Motion to Dismiss is appealable.

I guess the whole case is on appeal, but I think that just means the order appointing a special master. Since there never was a proper complaint, it's a mess. :shrug:

But again, it rained on my scorecard, and Foogy did nothing wrong.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Not Fun Fact: Chris Kise is a registered foreign agent for Venezuela.
Donald Trump had his political organization Save America PAC which is under investigation by the DOJ pay $3 million to hire a Florida lawyer named Chris Kise. It now turns out that Kise is a registered foreign agent for the government of Venezuela according to the FARA filings. This is particularly disturbing since Kise is seeking access to the top secret classified records that the DOJ obtained in connection with its August 8 search warrant.

Another $3.8M from the marks spent on lawyers...

Trump's PAC spends over $3.8 million on legal fees in August
BY AARON NAVARRO UPDATED ON: SEPTEMBER 22, 2022 / 3:48 PM / CBS NEWS

Former President Donald Trump spent over $3.8 million on "legal consulting" fees in August, the month the FBI searched his Mar-a-Lago home, according to a campaign finance report for his "Save America" political action committee. The bulk of the legal payments are going to lawyers representing him in the Mar-a-Lago documents case. The $3,886,999 in legal consulting costs includes a $3 million check written to the law firm Critton, Luttier & Coleman, LLP on Aug. 30. The firm is based out of Palm Beach, Fla., less than three miles from Trump's Mar-a-Lago club.

Former Florida solicitor general Chris Kise is not currently listed as one of the firm's attorneys, but Kise was reportedly paid $3 million up front to represent Trump, according to Politico. Kise was previously a partner at Foley & Lardner, but his ties with the firm were severed upon his hiring by Trump. Kise filed articles of incorporation with the state of Florida on Aug. 24 and entered his first appearance for Trump on Sept. 1. Neither the firm nor Kise responded to CBS News' requests for comment regarding the payment. A spokesperson for Trump has also not responded to a request for comment. Save America also paid $207,827 to "Habba Madaio & Associates, LLP," the firm of Trump attorney Alina Habba. Ifrah Law PLLC, the firm of Trump attorney James Trusty, received $242,770. Trump attorney Evan Corcoran's firm, Silverman, Thompson, Slutkin & White, LLC, received $68,413. Christina Bobb, another member of Trump's legal team, received $12,051 in payroll payments from the PAC.

The Save America PAC also made payments to several attorneys in other legal cases involving Trump, including the Fulton County District Attorney's investigation into whether Trump and allies illegally tried to overturn the 2020 presidential election. Atlanta-based criminal defense attorney Drew Findling's law firm received $91,209 from the PAC. Findling, a former Trump critic, is representing Trump in the Fulton County case. Timothy Parlatore's firm received $29,870.54 from the PAC in August. Parlatore is an attorney who represented Pennsylvania GOP gubernatorial nominee Doug Mastriano during his brief appearance before the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. While another committee, the Save America Joint Fundraising Committee, is the primary fundraising vehicle for the former president, the Save America PAC still holds a majority of Trump's cash on hand. The PAC reported $92.7 million cash on hand at the end of August, and more than $6 million spent. The joint fundraising committee will report what it raised from June through August in its mid-October report.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-pac ... in-august/
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:38 pm I would like to announce the following:

This is the exact opposite of what Trump wanted to happen when he paid THREE MILLION DOLLARS to a new lawyer just a couple weeks ago to handle it.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :rotflmao:

What is the world coming to when you pay a lawyer THREE MILLION DOLLARS and the judges keep saying "Bend over and grab your ankles!"

I betcha he's really enjoying this! :shrug:

Imagine his surprise, he's so phucked even paying the lawyers won't help.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:26 pm Not Fun Fact: Chris Kise is a registered foreign agent for Venezuela.
Donald Trump had his political organization Save America PAC which is under investigation by the DOJ pay $3 million to hire a Florida lawyer named Chris Kise. It now turns out that Kise is a registered foreign agent for the government of Venezuela according to the FARA filings. This is particularly disturbing since Kise is seeking access to the top secret classified records that the DOJ obtained in connection with its August 8 search warrant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqmeaZuhZTA

:snippity:
Hmmm --- those south of the border don't always send their best .... :think: :confuzzled:

:twisted:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I bet that $3 million up front pissed off ole Roodles. He's been throwing trump court cases for free.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:19 pm I bet that $3 million up front pissed off ole Roodles. He's been throwing trump court cases for free.
You assume he looked up from the bottle long enough to notice.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

humblescribe wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:16 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:25 pm This may be a stupid question but, in trump's little brain, could he reason that, by not paying, everything goes into limbo until the SM is paid up? Shorter stupid question: Does trump think he can delay by deadbeating?
Imma gonna go out on my non-lawyerly limb:

The payments for the Special Master's support will come from the $3 million that tfg ponied up to his new lawyer. I have to assume that these funds were deposited into this lawyer's trust/escrow account. Funds from that account will be disbursed periodically for legal expenses and legal fees.

Once those funds are exhausted, the lawyer will ask for more. In the alternative, if tfg keels over and all litigation ceases, the excess will be cheerfully refunded.
Not if I were his lawyer. Not that there's any fear of that, since IANAL. Just saying. No. Effing. Way. (IMO)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:21 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:09 pm Isn’t there already a denied motion to dismiss pending at the 11th Circuit?
I honestly don't know. Did the government file a Motion to Dismiss and Cannon denied it? I don't think the denial of a Motion to Dismiss is appealable.

I guess the whole case is on appeal, but I think that just means the order appointing a special master. Since there never was a proper complaint, it's a mess. :shrug:

But again, it rained on my scorecard, and Foogy did nothing wrong.
I am not entirely sure the DOJ is all that concerned about an appeal now. They would have needed an appeal to go for the stay, which was intended to be limited to the 100 classified docs. Since she has stricken from the order the parts that the 11th stayed, I am not sure where things stand. The classified documents are no longer an appeal, I guess because they are no longer part of her order.

The DOJ could just let the SM futz around with Trump and the remaining docs and continue the criminal probe as intended based on the classified docs.

The DOJ also could ask Merrick and Joe to convict Trump with their minds.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Upon further investigation, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a Motion to Dismiss yet. If so, we haven't discussed it.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”