Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dr. Ken

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:42 am
Hannity: You still have the surveillance tape, is that correct? Are you allowed to share that with the country?
Eric Trump: Absolutely. At the right time.
"At the right time". It's always that.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Kendra »

If it proves their innocence, why not just release it now?
bob

Post by bob »

"At the right time," is the new "any day now," which means "never."
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

They are releasing it in 2 weeks.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

They're still filming it.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Spiro Agnew’s Ghost @SpiroAgnewGhost wrote: 🚨🚨BREAKING from NYT: Pat Cipollone and Pat Philbin, the White House counsel and his deputy under Trump, were interviewed by the F.B.I. in connection with boxes of sensitive documents that were stored at Mr. Trump’s residence in Florida after he left office
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Docket:
60 Aug 16, 2022 PAPERLESS ORDER taking under advisement 4 the Motion to Unseal the search warrant materials, including its attachments. The intervenors having requested a hearing, it is ORDERED that an IN PERSON Hearing will be held on 8/18/2022 at 1:00 PM in the West Palm Beach Division before Magistrate Judge Bruce E. Reinhart. No remote or telephonic appearances will be permitted. If any movant/intervenor wants to file a reply to the Government's response, they may do so by 9:00 a.m. EST on 8/18/22. Note: face masks are required to enter the courthouse. Signed by Magistrate Judge Bruce E. Reinhart on 8/16/2022. (hk02) (Entered: 08/16/2022)
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

H/t JJ MacNab

Myths & Misunderstandings Relating to Mar-a-Lago Documents Investigation

https://www.justsecurity.org/82706/myth ... stigation/
raison de arizona

More nonsense.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya that's believable. "I was afraid of being accused of crimes and this justifies me doing crimes before the thing which made me be afraid of being accused of doing crimes"
Hic sunt dracones
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Can I fly to Scotland and Ireland using my diplomatic passport to play on my golf courses located in those two countries?

Asking for a friend.
bob

Post by bob »

Azastan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:29 pm Can I fly to Scotland and Ireland using my diplomatic passport to play on my golf courses located in those two countries?
Ex-presidents are supposed to use the diplomatic passport only for official business, like attending a state funeral.

And "funny" how we never had to consider whether any other ex-president might have abused this process.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

bob wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:33 pm
Azastan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:29 pm Can I fly to Scotland and Ireland using my diplomatic passport to play on my golf courses located in those two countries?
Ex-presidents are supposed to use the diplomatic passport only for official business, like attending a state funeral.

And "funny" how we never had to consider whether any other ex-president might have abused this process.
Once again, it is amazing how much of this works on the honor system.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Didn't I read somewhere that both of the other passports were expired? So if he travels it will have to be on the diplomatic one?
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:26 pm Ya that's believable. "I was afraid of being accused of crimes and this justifies me doing crimes before the thing which made me be afraid of being accused of doing crimes"
If true, it is more of a confession than it is justification. But then it is just the story of the hour. Give it a bit, we'll get a new one.
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:44 pm

Didn't I read somewhere that both of the other passports were expired? So if he travels it will have to be on the diplomatic one?
Yes, the FBI email stated that there were two expired passports, and one active diplomatic one. Also, UPI is reporting that the DOJ says the passports have been returned. FWIW.
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022/08 ... 660676929/
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

In fairness, *all* holders of diplomatic passports are only supposed to use it for official business.

I have two passports, one regular, one dip; I am here in a country of assignment on official orders. I use my dip passport to enter and leave this country. But the other side of the travel I show my regular passport.

So, as an example, when I took the Eurostar to France back in May, I showed my diplomatic passport to the UK Border Police going through the multi-stop queue to board the train; then, 15 feet later, 'entering France' with the legal fiction of the queue they use to get you processed while you're still in the UK, I showed the French border police my regular passport. The reverse was true on my way back.

When I go home to the U.S., on official orders of travel, I can *arguably* use my dip passport to return home. Some people do it, some don't. It's a point of contention the way State Department regs are worded.

That said, what I can't do is leave the U.S. and fly to a country where I am not assigned, using my dip passport. That's a no-no.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Considering the House committee to investigate Jan 6th didn’t even start until JULY he sure did have quite the premonition when he removed those documents Jan 20th. Hmmmm
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:46 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:44 pm

Yes, the FBI email stated that there were two expired passports, and one active diplomatic one. Also, UPI is reporting that the DOJ says the passports have been returned. FWIW.
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022/08 ... 660676929/
Highnoon to show up at the next USPS office, fill out the paperwork and wait for the new shiny booklet. The fun question is, will CBP let the prior guy pass on a diplomatic passport without a nod from D.C. More fun if he travels to Scotland, the Brits (still under Boris Johnson) might twist themselves into a Pretzel to let him in, post-Brexit sovereignity etc :biggrin: . But I bet that the Irish would reject his presence in the Schengen Zone as "fake diplomat", he is not very welcome.

PS i hope his travel agency will remind him that he will need to submit his details for preapproval...
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I have been assuming he has a regular passport near him. He flies around a bunch and stays in the NE during the summer. It would be odd to have to fly to Florida just to grab his passport.

He could have replaced the second expired one with a new personal one. When he left the WH, they tossed all the passports (2 expires and one dip) into a box as they figured he would not need it available like his personal one.

This seems a simpler explanation in my head.

I don't know of a personal passport of a president expires when he is president (since he will always be on a dip one while in office). It could, to ensure it is not lost and used inappropriately. He would then need to replace it when leaving office.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:47 am
Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:42 am
Hannity: You still have the surveillance tape, is that correct? Are you allowed to share that with the country?
Eric Trump: Absolutely. At the right time.
"At the right time". It's always that.
Any. Day. Now.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:23 pm More nonsense.
TFG still doesn't get it, that "Executive Priviledge" belongs to a SITTING president, not a former one.

He simply doesn't have any executive priviledge.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:40 pm

Once again, it is amazing how much of this works on the honor system.
Australia is having thatexact discussion right now.

The former PrimeMinister, Scott "From Marketing" Morrison had himself sworn in as FIVE 5 additional ministries in secret. Didnt even tell the ministers he was supplanting.

Australia had a SECRET government for months.

Its not illegal, even the office of Prime Minister is not in the Constitution - its all convention.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://wapo.st/3SY3AKT (gifted)
Former president Donald Trump and close aides have spent the eight days since the FBI searched his Florida home rushing to assemble a team of respected defense lawyers. But the answer they keep hearing is “no.”

The struggle to find expert legal advice puts Trump in a bind as he faces potential criminal exposure from a records dispute with the National Archives that escalated into a federal investigation into possible violations of the Espionage Act and other statutes.

“Everyone is saying no,” said a prominent Republican lawyer, who like some others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss confidential conversations.

Trump is no stranger to legal proceedings, and his scramble to hire lawyers in the face of an ominous federal probe recalls his predicament in the summer of 2017, when he was under scrutiny from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III in the Russia probe. Once again, Trump is struggling to find a veteran criminal defense lawyer with a strong track record of dealing with the Justice Department in a sprawling, multipronged investigation.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”