Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Foggy »

:rotflmao:

Okay, so if I'm right that the entire case is now in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, the government doesn't have to do anything substantive in that case until the 11th Circuit tells them to file their Opening Brief, which will take a while.

And if Trump's lawyers do try to go to Judge Cannon for protection from Judge Dearie, in theory she has to say, "Not my case any more, you can file a motion in the 11th Circuit" which is the court that showed on Wednesday night that its previously vast storehouse of fucks is completely out of fucks. Trump doesn't want anything to do with the 11th Circuit any more. They are bad people. :fingerwag:

So I imagine that in response to Judge Dearie's order that they make clear what Trump claims was planted evidence by the FBI, they'll say something like "plaintiff did not maintain a current spreadsheet showing an accurate description and the precise location of every single document in Mierda Lardo and thus is unable to provide a reliable inventory to cross-check against the government's list of the property they RANSACKED FROM MY PRIVATE HOME WITH SHOES ON IN MY BEDROOM DEAR GOD THE HORROR THE HORROR THE HORRIBLE HORROR!

Or something like that, I dunno. :shrug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by northland10 »

For completeness, the NOA is an appeal of the order of Doc 64, which is here:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 64.0_7.pdf

The partial stay the DOJ requested and received only covered the classified documents. Normally, they would have been part of the appeal, but now that Loose Cannon has stricken the classified stuff from her order, I guess that means they are no longer on the appeal and only the order regarding everything else is left for the appeal.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and it would be tragic if Trump had to pay a lot of money for Judge Dearie's people to look through all Trump’s stuff (Dearie's not charging for himself) and then the 11th Circuit repeated that Judge Cannon had no jurisdiction to appoint a special master in the first place, which it said Wednesday night.

That would be awful sad. :crying:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

just a sideshow but :cantlook:

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Hay, Kise.

My name is Chris.

Hay, Kise, goddammit, you better have some good news for me. I paid you $3 million!

Okay, here's the good news - courts are closed on Sunday. Nothing bad is going to happen today from any of the judges who keep kicking you around. No guarantees about tomorrow, though.

Hay, Kise, that's not what I want to hear.

For another $3 million I'll lie to you if you want.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Is the detailed inventory due today?
Do they have a digitation vendor yet? Maybe Barack Obama can give Trump a recommendation. He's got a guy scanning in his entire library.

(Is the vendor cost coming out of the $500/ hour, or it it an added charge that TFG has to pay?)
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:32 am (Is the vendor cost coming out of the $500/ hour, or it it an added charge that TFG has to pay?)
No, that's an added charge.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I think the detailed inventory is due today from the government to Judge Dearie, and then Trump has until Friday to file a declaration saying whether he agrees it's accurate or not.

The other questions, I can't answer ... yet.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Pretty sure vendor was chosen last week and is already working.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Digitation vendor? I must have missed something important! Does the old man get a copy of the top secret documents to keep on microfilm :?:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I knew I should have kept all the filings somewhere where I could find them again. Still haven't got transcripts for the last hearing. Did not know vendor selection was delayed two days.Anyway:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/2 ... o-00057805
Dearie did offer Trump’s team one concession Tuesday on a minor matter: the schedule to pick a contractor to scan the 11,000 documents so both sides can review potential privilege claims. Under the terms of Cannon’s order, Trump has to foot that bill.

Dearie initially insisted that Trump’s side pick a vendor from a government-approved list by Wednesday, but after Trusty pleaded for more time to assess the costs and run them by Trump, Dearie relented.

“You’ve got it. Friday, it is,” Dearie declared.
tek

Post by tek »

Trusty pleaded for more time to assess the costs and run them by Trump
What if Trump doesn't approve?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

tek wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:21 am
Trusty pleaded for more time to assess the costs and run them by Trump
What if Trump doesn't approve?
Or, more accurately, what if fuck head _didn't_ approve. The deadline was last Friday.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Thanks, that answers my question. What a waste of time. The former guy punishes himself. Judge Dearie, or his aides, will look thru the scanned documents (cause its faster than looking at each paper), then decide what the government may have missed as atttorney privileged communications. Cause its only that, nothing "executive", no government documents destined for NARA. Next the fun part of all this: The former guy and his attorneys have to go thru this database on their own to challenge the findings of their Special Master :lol: While the DOJ only has to look at the very few documents the SM separated. Maybe they will even trust him and not react at all.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I think it’s hilarious that the DOJ for now is leaving the rest of Cannon’s order unchallenged. Why would they challenge at this point? They are able to continue their investigation and do anything they needed and wanted to do, and what is left us Dearie giving Trump and his lawyers orders that are causing them headaches. Well played, DOJ, well played.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I believe today is the deadline for a DOJ affidavit confirming that the already filed inventory (docket 39-1) is accurate.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Isn't today the day that TFG's lawyers must file a response to Judge Dearie's order asking, essentially, "Do you or do you not believe that the FBI planted evidence, and if so, exactly which pieces of evidence do you claim that they planted?"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

noblepa wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:35 pm Isn't today the day that TFG's lawyers must file a response to Judge Dearie's order asking, essentially, "Do you or do you not believe that the FBI planted evidence, and if so, exactly which pieces of evidence do you claim that they planted?"
That's what I thought, but :oldlady: , so take with a grain of salt.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-tr ... backfiring

:snippity:
On Friday, Dearie set an Oct. 28 deadline to know what documents Trump actually wants to hold back from the DOJ on the head-scratching theory that a former president can cite “executive privilege” that somehow supersedes the current executive branch.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:45 pm https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-tr ... backfiring

On Friday, Dearie set an Oct. 28 deadline to know what documents Trump actually wants to hold back from the DOJ on the head-scratching theory that a former president can cite “executive privilege” that somehow supersedes the current executive branch.
My understanding of the origins of "Executive Privilege" is that there is a need for a President to enjoy advice and suggestions from advisors both within and outside of government, without the participants feeling any inhibitions about speaking frankly, for fear that their words might someday be made public. That is probably a good thing, at least for a sitting Prez.

TFG probably looks at it this way: He is now the rightful president, and, anyway, he is going to win the 2024 election and become president once again, so he needs to enjoy executive privilege now, so that advisors will speak freely with him, both now and after he is re-elected.

BTW, I saw an article on MSN.COM saying that Michael Cohen is selling t-shirts that refer to Trump as the "Mango Mussolini". That's right up there with "The Orange Shitgibbon".

https://news.yahoo.com/michael-cohen-se ... 32775.html

OT: If Trump does, somehow get re-elected and avoid prison in 2024, any bets on whether he will claim that he can run again in 2028 and that the 22nd Amendment doesn't apply, because his first two terms weren't consecutive?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

RVInit wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:50 am I think it’s hilarious that the DOJ for now is leaving the rest of Cannon’s order unchallenged. Why would they challenge at this point? They are able to continue their investigation and do anything they needed and wanted to do, and what is left us Dearie giving Trump and his lawyers orders that are causing them headaches. Well played, DOJ, well played.

I suppose, if nothing else, having a special master go through them now saves time over waiting until after the indictments.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

She cracked the code: talk to him like a Kindergartner.
We need to start taking some responsibilities. No, we cannot go playing golf right now.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

From https://lawandcrime.com/trump/special-m ... p-and-doj/

The "road map" Law and Crime presents is badly organized, but here it is (slightly reorganized)
Dearie also told Trump’s attorneys and the government to “agree upon and contract with a document review vendor that will host the Seized Materials in electronic form” by Sept. 23. He said the government must use whatever system is selected to provide him with copies of the seized materials by Sept. 26.
Dearie asked the government to assert no later than Sept. 26 that “detailed property inventory” is “full and accurate.”
From Dearie's order (?):
No later than September 30, 2022, Plaintiff shall submit a declaration or affidavit that includes each of the following factual matters:
a. A list of any specific items set forth in the Detailed Property Inventory that Plaintiff asserts were not seized from the Premises on August 8, 2022.
b. A list of any specific items set forth in the Detailed Property Inventory that Plaintiff asserts were seized from the Premises on August 8, 2022, but as to which Plaintiff asserts that the Detailed Property Inventory’s description of contents or location within the Premises where the item was found is incorrect.
c. A detailed list and description of any item that Plaintiff asserts was seized from the Premises on August 8, 2022, but is not listed in the Detailed Property Inventory.
This submission shall be Plaintiff’s final opportunity to raise any factual dispute as to the completeness and accuracy of the Detailed Property Inventory.
And:
After Trump’s lawyers issue their response to the aforementioned questions, Dearie told the government to “submit a declaration or affidavit from a person with sufficient knowledge of the matter responding to any factual disputes as to the completeness and accuracy of the Detailed Property Inventory raised in Plaintiff’s submissions.” That response is due by Oct. 14.
Aha! The Case Management Plan is attached to the article. So you can check it yourselves for details!

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... -9-22-2022
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

The case management plan was updated.

“The Special Master grants the parties' motion for modest scheduling relief, ECF No. 108 . The attached Amended Case Management Plan reflects the parties' requested deadlines for the selection and engagement of a document review vendor and the production of Seized Materials. The Amended Case Management Plan also extends the deadlines for the parties to review and confer as to the Seized Materials to reflect that Plaintiff may not have access to the Seized Materials until September 30, 2022.Cognizant of the November 30 deadline for completion imposed by the Court, no further extensions will be granted in the absence of a timely showing of unforeseeable and extraordinary circumstances.Signed by Special Master Raymond J. Dearie on 9/23/2022. See attached document for full details. (Entered: 09/23/2022)”

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 12.0_2.pdf
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”