Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by bob »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:19 pm Is there a call-in number for this hearing? Or will it be televised?
This is federal court, which is notoriously anti-camera. Strong presumption against being televised.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Kendra »

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio seems to be covering it too.

:?: Will the reporters have a media room with video access so they can live-tweet, or will we have to wait for updates when it's all said and done. Guess we'll have an answer soon enough :waiting:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:confuzzled: :confuzzled: :confuzzled:

I can't quite follow his logic.
bob

Post by bob »

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:27 pmWill the reporters have a media room with video access so they can live-tweet, or will we have to wait for updates when it's all said and done.
I don't know if there will be a video feed in the media room, but there often is. And federal courts generally are pro-live devices in the courtroom. Meaning live tweeting could happen.

So, a typical state courtroom will permit a camera but prohibit live tweeting. While a typical federal courtroom will prohibit a camera but permit live tweeting.

:think:
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

bob wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:31 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:27 pmWill the reporters have a media room with video access so they can live-tweet, or will we have to wait for updates when it's all said and done.
I don't know if there will be a video feed in the media room, but there often is. And federal courts generally are pro-live devices in the courtroom. Meaning live tweeting could happen.

So, a typical state courtroom will permit a camera but prohibit live tweeting. While a typical federal courtroom will prohibit a camera but permit live tweeting.

:think:
TY Bob, I haven't been in any court ever in my long life. :bighug:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Pro-Trump protesters are circling the area outside the courthouse here in West Palm Beach
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per my teammate
@NicoleSganga
at the federal courthouse in Florida:

Christina Bobb, attorney for former President Donald Trump, is sitting in the first row of the courtroom
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:18 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 amImho will not happen, a judge does not have to justify his actions. Justification is in the reasons given for the warrant.
The magistrate judge's ruling is reviewable. Judges don't like to be reversed, so they give reasons ("justifications") for their rulings, to explain to the higher courts (and the parties, and the public) how and why the rulings were made.

The judge's ruling, however, likely will be terse and ultimately unilluminating, e.g., "The government opposes unsealing the application to prevent revealing the details of an ongoing investigation; this is a sound reason, and my independent review of the application and its supporting evidence concludes the government's concerns are valid. Denied."
H/T!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:29 pm https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1560298726819872770

Jim Jordan attemting to imply that someone (Dems of course) had planted a informent during the runup to the 2016 election. :doh:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:10 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:29 pm https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1560298726819872770

Jim Jordan attemting to imply that someone (Dems of course) had planted a informent during the runup to the 2016 election. :doh:
I thought Jordan was referring to trump's long discredited claims that Obama spied on him while he was still at trump Tower.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

For Jordan and many other MAGAts, anyone who turns their coat was ab initio a spy. It couldn't possibly be that they grew disillusioned and disgusted with what they saw, or thought to protect themselves after witnessing a crime with which they did not wish to be associated; no, they must instead have been a spy and government plant from the beginning.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

It's like the Madisonville Hoax all over again! It's a pity if Walt and Darren aren't there. :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEWS: The investigation of classified records at Mar-a-Lago is in its "early stages," a top DOJ official said in federal court today.

Releasing the warrant affidavit could jeopardize "several witnesses," he added.

w/
@nicholaswu12

@AndrewDesiderio
bob

Post by bob »

Nb.:

Mr. Transparency suddenly has nothing to say once he's in court.
Image ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:19 pm Is there a call-in number for this hearing? Or will it be televised?

ETA: Won't be televised as per Nicholas.
:snippity:
this is on my spotify list. i played for my son who was unfamiliar with it. he enjoyed it, even though most of the cultural references went over his head.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 pm For Jordan and many other MAGAts, anyone who turns their coat was ab initio a spy. It couldn't possibly be that they grew disillusioned and disgusted with what they saw, or thought to protect themselves after witnessing a crime with which they did not wish to be associated; no, they must instead have been a spy and government plant from the beginning.
To use terms that Trump would understand... a snitch, a rat.
101010 :towel:
much ado

Post by much ado »

Or in the words of James Cagney (1932): "you dirty, yellow-bellied rat!"...

bob

Post by bob »

Due to Twitter's limited characters, "says there’s grand jury material and it would show “nothing of substance”" likely means "because the affidavit contains grand-jury material, a redacted affidavit would show nothing of substance," i.e., so redacted as to be useless.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

"Willful* retention of national defense information"
"Obstruction of federal investigation"

* "Willful" is a tell in legal speak; it discounts unintentional possession. "Retention" may also suggest that he was told to no-harm, no-foul return the information, but instead ("willfully") chose to retain the documents. Meaning the feebs believe there's at least probable cause of criminal intent.

"For completeness," 18 USC. sec. 793, subd. (d):
Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it ... Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
Image ImageImage
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

The cover sheet is released

"Evidence of a crime"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:53 pm :snippity:
To use terms that Trump would understand... a snitch, a rat.
But in this case....

Snitchin' is bitchin'.... :thumbsup:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So the motherfucker was given multiple chances, and explicitly told that the documents belonged to the government, and warned repeatedly that it might result in criminal charges if he kept them ... and he decided to keep them anyway, in yet another giant fuck-you to the United States of America.

Kinda makes ya wonder why it was so important to steal those particular documents from the government. :think:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 pm So the motherfucker was given multiple chances, and explicitly told that the documents belonged to the government, and warned repeatedly that it might result in criminal charges if he kept them ... and he decided to keep them anyway, in yet another giant fuck-you to the United States of America.

Kinda makes ya wonder why it was so important to steal those particular documents from the government. :think:
why -to sell obviously
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 pm So the motherfucker was given multiple chances, and explicitly told that the documents belonged to the government, and warned repeatedly that it might result in criminal charges if he kept them ... and he decided to keep them anyway, in yet another giant fuck-you to the United States of America.

It may not be quite that sinister. It may just be a case of a 75 year toddler throwing a tantrum and screaming "MINE, MINE, MINE!".

I'm sure that he honestly (if that word can be used in conjunction with Donald Trump) believes that the documents were his to take. After all, he was the President! I think he may have refused to return them because that would be admitting that he did not have the right/authority to take them. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even know the contents of the documents.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”