Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by raison de arizona »

“…the Mar-a-Lago raid came amid concerns Trump lawyers weren’t telling the truth.”

Narrator: “Trump lawyers were not telling the truth.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Azastan
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Azastan »

So what this is telling us (and *should* be telling the cult members, except they don't think) is that no matter what 'standing order' to 'declassify' was 'given' by TFG, there were, in fact CLASSIFIED documents that had not been DECLASSIFIED at TFG's club/hotel.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Azastan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:20 pm So what this is telling us (and *should* be telling the cult members, except they don't think) is that no matter what 'standing order' to 'declassify' was 'given' by TFG, there were, in fact CLASSIFIED documents that had not been DECLASSIFIED at TFG's club/hotel.
Again blows every excuse Trump has made right out of the water
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona

Rather than apologizing to Winner, perhaps we should jail tfg as well.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Azastan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:20 pm So what this is telling us (and *should* be telling the cult members, except they don't think) is that no matter what 'standing order' to 'declassify' was 'given' by TFG, there were, in fact CLASSIFIED documents that had not been DECLASSIFIED at TFG's club/hotel.
He shouldn't have had ANY government documents, classified or not, at his "home" or anywhere near him.
raison de arizona

:roll: Florida congressional candidate.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

We could stand to lose a few states. Replace them with DC, Puerto Rico, American Samoa? Split up California?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I wonder if the former guy had two stashes of boxes, and his layer were only given access to one parcel :think:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:01 pm

He shouldn't have had ANY government documents, classified or not, at his "home" or anywhere near him.
Yes, that's true, but hoi polloi cult members are hyperfocused on 'but he declassified all those documents', because they don't want to understand that he shouldn't have had any of them. Same as with the 'Obama' did it, too, except that Obama's material is retained by, and being prepared by NARA, and STILL doesn't 'belong' to Obama. The cult members really don't understand that this material belongs to the United States, not to Individual 1.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Do read the Wonkette article. A sampling:

:snippity:
Hey there, "one lawyer," maybe it's time to CALL YOUR LAWYER! Because that written declaration was patently not true, so there are only two possibilities here: Either the lawyer made that statement in the mistaken belief that it was true, in which case he or she has now become a witness against the client. Or the lawyer knew it was false at the time, which is way worse.

In any event, it goes some way to explaining the reference in the warrant to 18 U.S. Code § 1519, which makes it a crime to cover up, falsify, or destroy "any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States[.]" Telling the government that you don't have any more classified documents in the storage room in the hallway by the pool when you know you do would fit that bill.
:snippity:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Now why would he need payroll records for US spies?

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

The more I read this thread the more I realized Trump needs this guy and this guy only on his legal team:

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Newsweek has zero credibility now, it was taken over by right-wing trolls who do Jared's bidding. They were colossally wrong once this week already. That story smacks of disinformation and it wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to throw folks off the trail. Here's a great story about it: Newsweek and the Rise of Zombie Magazines https://newrepublic.com/article/158968/ ... e-magazine

Lavern Spicer is a perennial loser, she's running a vanity campaign in a totally Democratic district (Frederica Wilson). Occasionally troll her when she gets ridiculous. As Foggy says, "how I do" :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

In a statement to Axios, he described her as "an incredibly competent attorney" who has "our utmost trust and confidence and has the fortitude to take on some of the most politically corrupt and unethical institutions in this country."

I think Junior bollixed up his description of Habba. He meant to say, "a credibly incompetent attorney." :bag:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:33 pm https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1558257428046778370
Just trying to piece together the snippets of statements Trump is making to various right wing outlets, it looks like they are going to say that Trump had a “standing order” that all documents he took to the residence as president were automatically declassified, and that …

… standing order then applied to all documents he removed to Mar-a-Lago, essentially counting that as the equivalent to the WH residence.
Just want to comment again on this, I know - I know - Eurobotic foreigner and all that ;) But we did discuss Her Emails on The Oldbow and I recall some points.

Yes, POTUS can order a declassification. But that does not make documents public domain. Reclassification (not declassification) is a review process to determine what parts of a document can be reassigned a different security level. It's not like the whole document suddenly and necessarily becomes viewable by everyone in the government. The originating department can keep specific sections under wrap. Paragraphs of a document are each marked up with their own security level. Least but not last the document header and pages will get stamped with the new level. Also too some hush-hush database will be updated to reflect the new level and the whereabouts of the paper.

As for the former impotus, he just wanted the most strict top secret levels lifted, including the ones where reading to be done in a specially spy protected room, so that he could take a paper into his residence. Rather than having some corner of the residence hardened and access limited (not Melania, not his kids).

That classified documents were found in his private possession means dereliction of duty at the time he was resident of the WH.
raison de arizona

:lol: thanks for the scoop on Lavern Spicer Orly!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

These guys really bend over backwards for Trump
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Not holding my breath, but crossing my fingers.

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:31 pm These guys really bend over backwards for Trump
What did I miss in 2001?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

You're welcome RDA! Her district isn't far from us, she is totally out of her mind. Look for videos of her on that feed if so inclined, she's a big lady with a lot of Ruth Brown energy. Unfortunately, it's totally misguided like she was dropped on her head. (Let me know if you don't know Ruth Brown, had the great luck of calling her a friend, one of the most talented performers ever.)

Note that Paul Sperry was banned from Twitter this week to Truth Social to spread his hardcore RW nutjob reporting. He's also been a lead at Real Clear Politics, which after all is a RW site as well. Not giving any of these sites a click, especially Turley's.*

Sperry.JPG
Sperry.JPG (104.8 KiB) Viewed 510 times

On the other hand, running No Script, Ghostery, Adblock Plus & iObit Surf Protection, never ever see an ad and they can't even drop cookies without approval. So even if I went, they'd make no ad revenue. But imagine y'all will take my word for Sperry's ban. He's a total tool.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

Remember this? This was a thing. What happened with this thing?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I do remember...now! I think I was so overwhelmed with trump scandals, whenever a new broke, it pushed an old one out of my brain.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”