Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Foggy »

Greatgrey wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:18 pm It means she’s gonna micromanage Dearie and second guess everything he does.
She was forced to act, because Judge Dearie was being really mean to President Trump, and she's not going to allow that. :fingerwag:

He thinks, just because he's been a respected federal judge since she was in kindergarten, that he gets to make President Trump "put up or shut up"! He was overstepping, yeah, that's what! And he was rushing things, when President Trump was in no hurry at all. She doesn't have to put up with that kind of malarkey!

I can't wait until the government tries to indict Trump, and she, oh, I dunno, tries to vacate the indictment or sumpin'. :confuzzled:

Trump can't decide if he's really president still or whether the federal government is against him just because he filed a lawsuit called Donald J. Trump vs. United States of America.

But by gum, if he's fighting the government of the United States, he's gonna need some help, and Judge Cannon is there for him.
:boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, breaking breakfast news!

Judge Cannon has now issued an order for the government to provide Trump with an apology, a fluffy pillow, six dozen long-stemmed roses, a #1 meal from McDonald's (yes, supersized), and a pony. :liar: :mrgreen:

Gonna be a good day today. :biggrin:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

A fluffy MyPillow, of course.

Use code *loose Cannon* for 66% off!
realist

Post by realist »

andersweinstein wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:08 pm
realist wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:50 pm
andersweinstein wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:53 pm Trump's team had sent Cannon their objections to the special master's plan. This was initially sealed, but unsealed after the DOJ's filed their response unsealed: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .123.1.pdf| I believe they also submitted a response to the DOJ's response.

But it was crying to Judge Cannon that prompted this.
I have perhaps missed something. The linked document was sent to Dearie. Where is anything Trump sent to Cannon before she changed her own timeline or was it just sua sponte?
Oh, sorry, my mistake. Apologies to Foggy, I had a misconception there. The recent ruling begins:
THIS CAUSE comes before the Court upon the Amended Case Management Plan (the “Plan”) [ECF No. 112], filed on September 23, 2022. The Court has reviewed the Plan, Plaintiff’s Objections [ECF No. 123-1], Defendant’s Response to Plaintiff’s Objections and Motion to Modify and Adopt the Plan [ECF No. 121], and the full record. Upon review, the Court ACCEPTS IN PART AND REJECTS IN PART the Plan [ECF No. 112], as stated below:
So ... does that count as sua sponte or not?
Thanks. I was under the impression they were whining to Dearie and she just said okay, I can take care of that, without them filing anything with her.
Image X 4
Image X 32
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

That's impressive, but honestly ... she doesn't think his tax records are evidence of a crime? :doh:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I recall in one of the books about the Apricot Pol Pot years, it was noted that there was intense competition among his staff to influence policy by presenting Trump with clippings from (presumably planted) newspaper or media articles flattering Trump, yet advocating for a specific policy position.

For this reason, I would postulate that the newspaper and magazine clippings are valid presidential records.

It would be an interesting study to categorize all of those articles, who wrote them, who promoted them, what policy position they supported, and Trump's subsequent statements and behavior.
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

The Special Master needs to be fired and jailed. He was appointed to help Trump, not hurt him.

Also, Trump should obviously be able to appoint new Appellate Court Justices to replace the two that he previously appointed that ruled against him. It is not fair for them to stay on the bench if they are going to rule against him and obviously Trump, not Biden, should be able to name the replacements.

I'm sure that Judge Cannon would agree that there is a dispute on these matters and the right thing to do is to rule in favor of Trump since he is a former President.

Go Land Crabs!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Snark?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Clairez

Post by Clairez »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:12 pmSnark?
Either that or we have been infiltrated by Free Republic ;)
raison de arizona

:rotflmao:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Get down and give me $20!

I'll, uh, forward it to Foggy.
Hic sunt dracones
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I saw something on a Twitter post somewhere that at least one of Trump'd lawyers (BOBB, I presume) had already been subpoenaed to testify to the GJ.

Anyone else see that?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:12 pmSnark?
Yeah, y'know, when I saw cjroberts had joined Fogbow again this morning, I almost posted "oh, this can't be good" as snark of my own, because I know this guy (and he's snarky). :lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I think it's very curious about the $3 million man, Christopher Kise, not signing the letter to Judge Dearie that Judge Cannon used as a template for what to give Trump for another early Christmas present. Did Kise think, just because he already got paid, he could be honest with Trump about his case?

'Cuz that would be dumb. He seems to be you're fired.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well played, cjroberts, well played. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Probably won’t go anywhere…

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Tiredretiredlawyer

I looked up the Call to Activism profile page. It is a group of Democrats. Their style reminds me of frustrated tea party types.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Folks, these complaints of judicial misconduct against Judge Cannon have little more significance than GIL’s citizen grand juries, and are also mockable.

Disregard.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Exactly.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

chancery wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:57 pm Folks, these complaints of judicial misconduct against Judge Cannon have little more significance than GIL’s citizen grand juries, and are also mockable.

Disregard.
Yep.
raison de arizona

Chilidog wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:50 pm I saw something on a Twitter post somewhere that at least one of Trump'd lawyers (BOBB, I presume) had already been subpoenaed to testify to the GJ.

Anyone else see that?
I haven't seen that, but I did see Bobb stating that she is willing to discuss her role in the subpoena mess with the DOJ. fwiw.
raison de arizona

Trump’s legal team divided over how to handle Mar-a-Lago case
New lawyer’s advice to seek an ‘off-ramp’ with Justice Department is not being heeded, people familiar with discussions say

After attorney Christopher Kise accepted $3 million to represent Donald Trump in the FBI’s investigation of government documents stored at Mar-a-Lago, the veteran litigator argued that Trump should adopt a new strategy.

Turn down the temperature with the Department of Justice, Kise — a former Florida solicitor general — counseled his famously combative client, people familiar with the deliberations said.

Federal authorities had searched Trump’s Florida residence and club because they badly wanted to retrieve the classified documents that remained there even after a federal subpoena, Kise argued, according to these people. With that material back in government hands, maybe prosecutors could be persuaded to resolve the whole issue quietly.

But quiet has never been Trump’s style — nor has harmony within his orbit.

Instead, just a few weeks after Kise was brought aboard, he finds himself in a battle, trying to persuade Trump to go along with his legal strategy and fighting with some other advisers who have counseled a more aggressive posture. The dispute has raged for at least a week, Trump advisers say, with the former president listening as various lawyers make their best arguments.

A Wednesday night court filing from Trump’s team was combative, with defense lawyers questioning the Justice Department’s truthfulness and motives. Kise, whose name was listed alongside other lawyers’ in previous filings over the past four weeks, did not sign that one — an absence that underscored the division among the lawyers. He remains part of the team and will continue assisting Trump in dealing with some of his other legal problems, said the people familiar with the conversations, who like others interviewed for this article spoke on the condition of anonymity to reveal private talks. But on the Mar-a-Lago issue, he is likely to have a less public role.
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... oran-bobb/
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Who. The fuck wrote that? My God, it reads like--a word spinner.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”