Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Kendra »

“Are you saying where they were kept was secure?”
Kendra

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Kendra »

Patel: He can literally stand over a set documents and say these are now declassified

Devin Nunes blames Obama and Benghazi for the FBI searching Trump's club. Nunes unleashes a dizzying array of conservative conspiracy theories all to distract from Trump's theft of national secrets.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

THREAD: Will DOJ charge Donald Trump? How strong of a case do they have against him?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

tek wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:56 am None of this hangs together at all. But the rubes are stupid.

Too, Also: while the President "can declassify anything" .. remember, I Am Not A Lawyer .. but improper declassification could be treasonous or something amirite?
Probably not. Yes, he can declassify anything. But he has to follow the process, and it doesn’t appear that he did. His failure to do so probably doesn’t amount to “treason,” but is likely unlawful (hence the three crimes alleged in the warrant).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:02 am I question the line with the description Box labeled A-17.
I agree. We need more info. Perhaps it is code. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:09 am
Patel: He can literally stand over a set documents and say these are now declassified
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I just watched the whole segment. Highly recommended. She is so calm and measured, but still packs a helluva :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I am increasingly uneasy that a mix of, the idea of prosecuting an ex-POTUS, a desire to mitigate the inevitable reaction from tfg’s more militant supporters, and the possibility of the notion of “doing a deal” whereby tfg in some way drops his political pretensions, will result in no (public?) action being taken against him.

Conversely I believe the of rule of law, and democracy (something that is debatable at the best of times) is hanging by a thread. Any route that does not, for better or worse, involve the indictment of tfg simply sets the stage for a future of worse transgressions, no matter the actual perpetrator.

Too, also the idea of tfg, or any of his adherents, keeping to any deal is ridiculous.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"by the copy of this TRUTH..."
Is that the new EO replacement for destitute former WH residents? :cantlook: :brickwallsmall:

PS.dear Donald, your team of lawyers will get notified in due time where they can pick up the empty boxes and the family photos. The National Archive will notify you where the approved storage location will be for material you can use to build the presidential library upon. All other sensitive material will be used as e vidence in your indictment and will be correctly safeguarded as per classification.

ETA "executive privileged material" :cantlook: :lol:

ETA the 2nd. "privileged client-attorney papers" --- Dear Donald you are a really messed up individual, keeping private papers mixed with government documents. Your crack team of attorneys surely know they can ask that the stash gets sealed, then sifted as per court order to separate client-attorney material from the other damning stuff. Also too attorney advice on government work is not the same as advice given to you as private citizen.
tek

Post by tek »

"It has just been learned"

Uh huh.
Tell that to a judge.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Question: Is there anyone here who hasn't spent considerable time since, say, Impeachment v1, imagining what the MAGA reaction to an actual arrest of TFG would be like? Pictured the rage, threats, lies, violence, rationalization, accusations from MAGA on the street, Bannon types, to the fascist pols?

Anyone surprised by the reaction to (what I think is a pretty modest showing, comparatively) this arrest-adjacent event?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Q: Are you concerned at all about national security breaches with those classified documents being at the Mar-a-Lago estate?

Russia Ron: I think Mar-a-Lago is a pretty safe place .. So, no, I’m not overly concerned about some Top Secret information being leaked out.
tek

Post by tek »

Russia Ron: I think
Ah! I see the problem here!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Let’s stop falling for Trump’s diversionary tactic of focusing on his latest absurd “defense” du jour —and instead keep asking why he still has not said why he took the documents, why he did not return them, and what he did with them and/or or was planning to do with them?
:winner:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:46 am the inventory list has been leaked

Where's the binder full of women?
101010 :towel:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Why is John Solomon named as Trump's Presidential Records representative? As far as I know he hadn't served in any government position at the time and is nothing more than a right wing propagandist.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

northland10 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:59 pm
Chilidog wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:46 am the inventory list has been leaked

Where's the binder full of women?
That was Mitt Romney's deal. He's Mormon, after all.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Seb Gorka tells Steve Bannon that he has an anonymous source inside the FBI who supposedly told him he believes they planted listening devices at Mar-a-Lago.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I would have no issues with this, fuck him
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tfg is taking us down a very dangerous path re: FBI et all. His FBI Truth essay:
► Show Spoiler
One more:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:34 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkows ... 9824854017
Seb Gorka tells Steve Bannon that he has an anonymous source inside the FBI who supposedly told him he believes they planted listening devices at Mar-a-Lago.
Gorka and Bannon? Now there’s a brain trust.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:11 pm Why is John Solomon named as Trump's Presidential Records representative? As far as I know he hadn't served in any government position at the time and is nothing more than a right wing propagandist.

https:// twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1558884622208999424
I don't believe it really matters. This is about the public stuff. And it's millions of pages. An outsider will be looking for the needle in the haystack. The handyman to get boxes out of storage to the reading area and clean up after. You don't want high payed historians doing the grunt work :twisted:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”