Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:16 pm
bob wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:51 pm Over/under on a Klayman-esque motion to recuse filed before 3pm tomorrow?
Hannity, who we know has tfg’s ear, was all about the judge being an Obama donor and Epstein defender. I think it was Pirro that said they should be dealing with an Article 3 judge and not a federal magistrate. And then there’s the Jewish thing. Nasty people on there.
Reinhart was NOT an Epstein defender.

My understanding is that he represented former Epstein employees who were testifying AGAINST Epstein in his 2005 child prostitution case for which he spent a year in jail.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
MN-Skeptic

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Retired army general Mark Hertling has an excellent long tweet thread about classified documents that you might find informative -

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bob wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:05 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:43 pm WHY he thought a nail gun would be able to do it, I have no idea
There's chatter saying there are videos on the social media saying it is possible.

Ergo, the shooter could have seen such a video and tried to mimic it.
Because everything on YouTube is true... :doh:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:05 pm
FBI searched Trump’s home to look for nuclear documents and other items, sources say

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Experts in classified information said the unusual search underscores deep concern among government officials about the types of information they thought could be located at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and potentially in danger of falling into to the wrong hands.
:snippity:
. “If the FBI and the Department of Justice believed there were top secret materials still at Mar-a-Lago, that would lend itself to greater ‘hair-on-fire’ motivation to recover that material as quickly as possible.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ar-a-lago/
I suspect they're likely a bit late on keeping stuff from falling into the wrong hands. I mean, *we've* known for at least a few months that he stole documents from the WH, so I expect the National Archives and FBI have known a good while longer. He's had more than enough time to give/sell what he's got to whomever, and I don't see him as patiently waiting to cash in on something. He's an immediate gratification kind of guy.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tfg accuses FBI of planting evidence.
19D99173-0003-46AF-B456-D242E6B3C9F3.png
19D99173-0003-46AF-B456-D242E6B3C9F3.png (401.14 KiB) Viewed 924 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:24 am Retired army general Mark Hertling has an excellent long tweet thread about classified documents that you might find informative -

This was a good thread. And what Gen. Hertling doesn’t talk about is what happens when classified material is compromised. It is a *shit ton* of work involving notifications to the original classification authority as well as everyone who received a copy. Then those people have a shit ton of work to do. What a mess.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Along those same lines, I was wondering how much it's going to cost us to clean up his mess this time, including changing or securing or whatever actions will be required to fix anything that may have been compromised.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Is the “oh my, it was nuclear secrets” leap to an extremely serious security breach actually a case of an attempt to minimise the fallout from holding less sensitive information?

I’m starting to think that either the documents record things that are/could be incriminating, or simply tfg having a bad attack of ego cum “you’re not the boss of me”. The whole situation doesn’t seem to make any sense.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:26 am Is the “oh my, it was nuclear secrets” leap to an extremely serious security breach actually a case of an attempt to minimise the fallout from holding less sensitive information?

I’m starting to think that either the documents record things that are/could be incriminating, or simply tfg having a bad attack of ego cum “you’re not the boss of me”. The whole situation doesn’t seem to make any sense.
I suspect it wouldn't have gone as far as it has if there wasn't some "there there."
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:31 am
Uninformed wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:26 am Is the “oh my, it was nuclear secrets” leap to an extremely serious security breach actually a case of an attempt to minimise the fallout from holding less sensitive information?

I suspect it wouldn't have gone as far as it has if there wasn't some "there there."
The thought is they had to be removed in a "raid" because there was imminent risk. Maybe not that he would sell them, but that someone would see/take them-a guest, a visitor, an employee, anyone. Or that he or someone in his circle (Jared) would indeed sell them.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:42 pm
bob wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:05 pm There's chatter saying there are videos on the social media saying it is possible.

Because everything you find on the internet must be true, as long as it says what you want to hear.
Ouch! I didn't want to hear that.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/8 ... s-a-felony
Trump boosted penalties for mishandling classified docs to spite Hillary Clinton. Oops

You may remember that Republicans, during the years of 2016 through 2021, believed that it was an absolute abomination to consider prosecuting any political figure for any crime other than "mishandling classified information," but "mishandling classified information" was such a severe crime that it required, as the loud jackasses who populated Trump's every rally constantly shouted, locking somebody up.

From Politico, https://www.politico.com:

"In the absence of more detailed information about the investigation, it’s unclear what potential crimes DOJ is probing. Notably, Trump — after a fierce campaign against Clinton in which he called for her to be jailed for her handling of classified material — signed a law in 2018 that stiffened the penalty for the unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents from one year to five years, turning it into a felony offense.

That was the same statute that just three years earlier Petraeus pleaded guilty to in order to avoid a felony conviction."
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Awww :(
Jennifer King @jenapradio 15m
CANCELLED: 9:00 am EDT The conservative Republicans’ House Freedom Caucus will no longer be holding a news conference to discuss the FBI search of former President Donald Trump’s Florida estate.

My boy Robert Costa on CBS Morning (2 minutes):

Glenn Kirschner primary on Treason:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:57 am https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/8 ... s-a-felony
Trump boosted penalties for mishandling classified docs to spite Hillary Clinton. Oops

You may remember that Republicans, during the years of 2016 through 2021, believed that it was an absolute abomination to consider prosecuting any political figure for any crime other than "mishandling classified information," but "mishandling classified information" was such a severe crime that it required, as the loud jackasses who populated Trump's every rally constantly shouted, locking somebody up.

From Politico, https://www.politico.com:

"In the absence of more detailed information about the investigation, it’s unclear what potential crimes DOJ is probing. Notably, Trump — after a fierce campaign against Clinton in which he called for her to be jailed for her handling of classified material — signed a law in 2018 that stiffened the penalty for the unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents from one year to five years, turning it into a felony offense.

That was the same statute that just three years earlier Petraeus pleaded guilty to in order to avoid a felony conviction."
Don needs to watch more Road Runner and Coyote.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

bill_g wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:55 am
northland10 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:42 pm
bob wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:05 pm There's chatter saying there are videos on the social media saying it is possible.

Because everything you find on the internet must be true, as long as it says what you want to hear.
Ouch! I didn't want to hear that.
Off Topic
Mythbusters used to bust viral videos. I miss that show.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:04 am Awww :(
CANCELLED: 9:00 am EDT The conservative Republicans’ House Freedom Caucus will no longer be holding a news conference to discuss the FBI search of former President Donald Trump’s Florida estate.

Sounds like somebody bought a clue.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 am
orlylicious wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:04 am Awww :(

Sounds like somebody bought a clue.
They've all gone radio dark. They're waiting for Him to tell them how to frame the rebuttals.

So, my prediction is he won't sign and submit his official "not opposed" doc. He's publicly stated such on Truth, but he won't make it official. He will let it default to unopposed letting Garland unseal the affidavit and inventory. Then, when the bad news comes out about the contents, he'll crank up his whining machine, claim he never gave permission, this was illegal, this was unconstitutional, etc, etc, and all his media parrots will start saying the same thing on repeat.

By next Friday they will be back on Hunter's Laptop, Hillary's email, or some other shiny object, and this will forever be cast as another hoax by the Democrats.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:05 am tfg accuses FBI of planting evidence.
19D99173-0003-46AF-B456-D242E6B3C9F3.png
"FBI Planted the information" That pretty much confirms that he did have the nuclear weapons information he shouldn't have had.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I would like to know who at the time was the mastermind behind removing these documents from the WH. Impotus was known to read little or anything during his residency. Which staffer disregarded security protocols and let those documents get removed?

Was it perhaps on the last day where impotus simpy requested that the content of the filing cabinets of the Oval Office be put in boxes? A random collection of last used papers? And impotus simply had them stashed together with the contents of the private WH wing in transit to MaL, FL? Transport of classified document by unchecked movers?
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Hard to say who put what in which boxes, but the basic rule is everything goes in a box including your kids crayon drawing on the fridge. It will take time for the archivists to sort it all out. As shown upthread, they are still working on Obama's papers. But, you'll get your kid's drawing back at some point, the unclassified things will go in the Presidential Library, and all the classified or higher stuff will get sealed in crates on high shelves for mucho decades in a massive secret dark dank federal facility.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:08 am .......and all the classified or higher stuff will get sealed from mucho decades in a massive secret dark dank federal facility in crates on high shelves.
Or shipped to whichever entity is investigating whichever possible crime(s)................
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I notice Trump "doesn't oppose" releasing the warrant. But I don't think he actually said "I have instructed my attorneys not to oppose".

I don't think it will matter. First, the judge gave him 24 hours to decide to join or oppose. Not 2 weeks. There were not only death threats, but an actual person has been killed because of Trump and Republican outrage. So, I really don't think Trump will be able to have his attorneys file an opposition and then shrug his shoulders and say "I WANTED everything released". I have a suspicion that it's going to be released, period. A death happened. A person took actions that caused him to be killed by law enforcement. This is serious.

Edit: He's probably got his lawyers sniveling and begging the DOJ to edit the paperwork so when the judge releases it in spite of Trump opposition (through his attorneys, in spite of the fact that Trump WANTS it to be released**) it won't look as bad. That probably won't work either.

**wink, wink
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Just a speculation: impotus may have had some filing cabinets in the private quarters, for his "executive time", and nobody had control / knew which papers left the Oval Office. Then when he moved out, that was considred private stuff for the movers.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”