Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by raison de arizona »

Functioning as designed even. They love the uneducated. Just ask them.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: Trump’s lawyer Jim Trusty turned in an additional classified-marked folder to DoJ in mid-January along with an aide’s computer that CONTAINED A DIGITAL COPY.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: I hope that computer contains a very good email archive and address book to see where that document may have ended up :blackeye:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Haven't read the article yet, just read the headline to Hubs. His response was, "Who is trump setting up?"
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

How They Compare: Trump, Biden, Pence Classified Documents
There are plenty of similarities — but also a major difference — among the classified-records situations of President Joe Biden, former President Donald Trump and Trump's vice president, Mike Pence

By Associated Press
Feb. 10, 2023, at 3:53 p.m.

Classified documents keep showing up where they shouldn't be.

The FBI search on Friday for additional classified documents at former Vice President Mike Pence's home in Indiana — after ot hers were found by his lawyers recently — followed the revelation of classified materials at President Joe Biden's Delaware home and former office and the seizure last year of hundreds of documents marked classified from Mar-a-Lago, the Florida residence of former President Donald Trump.

lengthy comparison at https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... -documents
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

as seen by Glen Kirschner

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump was issued subpoena for folder marked ‘Classified Evening Briefing’ discovered at Mar-a-Lago
Exclusive: Subpoena was issued last month after the folder was observed in Trump’s private quarters at the property

Hugo Lowell in Washington
Sat 11 Feb 2023 23.41 GMT

Donald Trump’s lawyers turned over an empty manilla folder marked “Classified Evening Briefing” after the US justice department issued a subpoena for its surrender once prosecutors became aware that it was located inside the private quarters of the former president’s Mar-a-Lago resort, two sources familiar with the matter said.

The previously unreported subpoena was issued last month, the sources said, as the recently appointed special counsel escalates the inquiry into Trump’s possible unauthorized retention of national security materials and obstruction of justice.

The folder was seen in Trump’s residence by a team of investigators he hired to search his properties last year for any remaining documents marked as classified. The team transparently included the observation in an inventory of Mar-a-Lago and Trump properties in Florida, New Jersey and New York.

Weeks after the report was sent to the justice department, the sources said, federal prosecutors subpoenaed the folder. The folder is understood to have not been initially returned because the lawyers thought “Classified Evening Briefing” did not make it classified, nor is it a formal classification marking.

The backstory the justice department was told about the folder was that Trump would sometimes ask to keep the envelopes, featuring only the “Classified Evening Briefings” in red lettering, as keepsakes after briefings were delivered, one of the sources said.

Around the same time that Trump’s lawyers turned over the empty folder – earlier reported by CNN - they also returned in December a box of presidential schedules at Mar-a-Lago of which a couple were marked as classified, and in January, a laptop on to which the contents of the box had been scanned last year by a junior aide.

The mishandling of those materials appears to have been inadvertent – in which case, the justice department would be unlikely to include them in the criminal investigation, which has been far more focused on the documents that the FBI seized from Mar-a-Lago last summer.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... mar-a-lago
tek

Post by tek »

The mishandling of those materials appears to have been inadvertent
um, one does not inadvertently scan classified documents.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: Trump lawyer Tim Parlatore on CNN confirms
@Guardian
reporting that the Justice Dept issued a subpoena for the empty “Classified Evening Briefing” folder that was in his bedroom — adds it was being used to cover a blue light on his landline phone that kept him up at night
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I dearly hope that the thought of police blue lights keep him awake for many nights :twisted:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:17 pm https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1 ... 2184081409
New: Trump lawyer Tim Parlatore on CNN confirms
@Guardian
reporting that the Justice Dept issued a subpoena for the empty “Classified Evening Briefing” folder that was in his bedroom — adds it was being used to cover a blue light on his landline phone that kept him up at night
They took one of his empty "keepsake" folders? :lol: Maybe he needs new phones if the blue light bothers him such.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Tin-foil hat…
What would it look like if Trump intentionally left this folder in plain view. It doesn’t seem to me (not an expert at all) to be in real violation since it wasn’t even a label regarding the contents?

In fairness, I would love an official US gov folder labeled like this was and if (by some incredibly wacky twisting of reality) I was ever privy to such, I would maybe keep the folder. I guess I would ask if I could…?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

variation of the former guys sleepless nights
Trump Attorney Gives Bizarre Explanation For Classified Folder At Mar-a-Lago

Ed Mazza
Mon, February 13, 2023 at 8:02 AM GMT+1

An attorney for Donald Trump said the latest classified folder turned over to investigators was just that ― a folder, and a folder alone ― which the former president used to block a light that was bothering him at night.

Timothy Parlatore downplayed the folder on CNN as “one of the more humorous aspects of this whole thing” and claimed it “means nothing” because it was empty.

He said the folder marked “Classified Evening Summary” was found in Trump’s bedroom at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

“He has one of those landline telephones next to his bed, and it has a blue light on it, and it keeps him up at night,” Parlatore said. “So he took the manilla folder and he put it over it so that it would keep the light down so he could sleep at night.”

He claimed Justice Department investigators “went crazy” when they learned about the folder and issued a subpoena for it.

“Now the president has to find a different way to keep the blue light out of his eyes,” he said.

It’s not clear what happened to the document or documents that were originally inside the folder.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-attorn ... 30651.html
(original: Huff Post)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Here's video of the Trump lawyer and the light on the telephone...

They couldn't just go to Office Depot and BUY a manila folder?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Duct tape.

Fixes everything.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I'm different. I have a bunch of extra folders that don't say classified on them sitting around here to use. They could have used a little electrical tape over the light. Or maybe, since he claims he is super rich, they could get a phone without the blue light.

What he and his team seem to be missing is the ability to create a plausible story. There are so many ways to spin this that would have elicited a shrug, and everybody would move on. Instead, he goes for the least plausible.

Even if it were a true story, I don't think I would have used that one publically.
101010 :towel:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

northland10 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:34 am Even if it were a true story, I don't think I would have used that one publically.
:yeahthat:
bob

Post by bob »

tek wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:35 am um, one does not inadvertently scan classified documents.
No, but one might legally scan classified documents, and then inadvertently retain the digital image after leaving office.

Danraft wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:35 pm In fairness, I would love an official US gov folder labeled like this was and if (by some incredibly wacky twisting of reality) I was ever privy to such, I would maybe keep the folder. I guess I would ask if I could…?
As he is learning the hard way, presidential records are different; they even got a special written just for them.
Image ImageImage
tek

Post by tek »

bob wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:37 pm
tek wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:35 am um, one does not inadvertently scan classified documents.
No, but one might legally scan classified documents, and then inadvertently retain the digital image after leaving office.
That feels wrong.
That is akin to making a copy of a classified document, which was Not Allowed back when I was last adjacent to classified documents (20 years ago)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

tek wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:04 pm
That feels wrong.
That is akin to making a copy of a classified document, which was Not Allowed back when I was last adjacent to classified documents (20 years ago)
But, BUT, BUT! -- they were "declassified" by tfg's mind and retained as "keepsakes". Keepsakes as one might pick up / (steal) shells from a beach during a vacation. Memories.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Odds on whether the aide scanning those documents did so in accordance with all proper procedures for the subsequent labeling, securing, and otherwise treating of the laptop itself as if it were in fact the storage device for classified information it became the second the first file was transferred onto it?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:08 pm
Odds on whether the aide scanning those documents did so in accordance with all proper procedures for the subsequent labeling, securing, and otherwise treating of the laptop itself as if it were in fact the storage device for classified information it became the second the first file was transferred onto it?
Slightly lower than the odds of a single Xenon-124 atom decaying.
bob

Post by bob »

tek wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:04 pm
That feels wrong.
It's different when you are the president.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”