Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by keith »

How about "content"?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

northland10 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:17 am
Off Topic
If a system was still using magnetic tape (VHS, Beta, some professional version) you could still call it footage as well.
:snippity:
Off Topic
Of course in the audio (and video) tape world no one talked about feet they spoke of minutes of tape as in the missing 18 minutes of the Nixon tapes.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:57 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:29 pm An update on what's going on ...
Great, thanks. I'm sure it will be wonderful fun to see him searching through classified documents and keeping some for himself. :mrgreen:

And now, I feel the need to go off topic.
Off Topic
Investigators now suspect, based on witness statements, security camera footage, and other documentary evidence, that boxes including classified material ...
Footage.

This is a word that has been bothering me for a while.

What, in the physical world in which we live, is the "footage" captured by security video cameras?

Now gather around, children, and I'll tell you how cameras, especially motion picture cameras, used a thing called film, back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. This film stuff came in great rolls, and you could legitimately use the word "footage" to describe a length of film that showed something relevant. A length of film could be measured in feet and inches.

Footage actually meant something, and you could measure your footage.

But we don't have footage any longer, and so I think we need a new word. A verbiage.
:boxing:
"Footage" remained a valid term up through the video tape era. Like film, it also came in long rolls that had to be passed through a machine to be viewed. It is only in the last ten or twenty years that we have stored video in entirely electronic form, rendering "footage" an anachronism.

We also still refer to "dialing" a phone. When was the last time you saw a telephone with a dial, other than in an old movie or TV show? Twenty years or so ago, NPR ran a tongue-in-cheek contest to come up with a new term to replace the word dial. Someone submitted an acronym, "digitally initiated analog link", or DIAL for short. Even that is becoming obsolete, as more and more phones become digital using Voice over IP digital transmission.

I saw a video on YouTube once, in which they showed an old rotary dial phone to some first graders. They had no idea that it was even a telephone. Yet, they could all use their smartphones.
somerset

Post by somerset »

keith wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:36 am How about "content"?
Video
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Contentage. 8-)
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump attorney Alina Habba is pressed on whether she saw any classified documents during her “diligent search” of Mar-a-Lago for tax documents, and she responds: “I don’t know, but I’m not in a deposition right now, and I’m not going to continue with this conversation.”
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

"YOU AIN'T THE BOSS OF ME!!"

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Misnomer - at MaL the correct usage is incontinent ;)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Bret Baier @BretBaier wrote: FOX News is told multiple U.S. Secret Service agents connected to Former President Donald Trump have been subpoenaed & are expected to testify before the D.C. grand jury likely on Friday. The grand jury appearances are related to the Special Counsel Jack Smith probe into the handling of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago.
https://twitter.com/BretBaier/status/16 ... 96576?s=20
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:shock:

It both would, and would not, be a terrible shock, if Secret Service agents were found to have helped him conceal documents.

Mostly would.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I would not be surprised at all.
:oldlady:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:43 am
northland10 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:17 am
Off Topic
If a system was still using magnetic tape (VHS, Beta, some professional version) you could still call it footage as well.
:snippity:
Off Topic
Of course in the audio (and video) tape world no one talked about feet they spoke of minutes of tape as in the missing 18 minutes of the Nixon tapes.
Off Topic
Which is by coincidence the exact length of the original recording of The Alice's Restaurant Massecre by Arlo Guthrie.

Or is that a coincidence?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
:shock: You think that Nixon didn't want the world to learn what he was really listening to in the Oval Office on the tax payers dime :?:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:27 pm

:popcorn:
Jack Smith looks like he just locked the door on Trump and said: "Now you'se can't leave."
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Looks to me that the former guy pushed secret service members into cheap tax payer handyman duties. We have seen photos of them moving goods at the airport. Not just securing his manhood livelyhood.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

My Shocked face if the Secret Service are implicated in moving Classified documents (because he treated them as unpaid servants and told them to move boxes into his trucks} will be so very very shocked.

I'll bet they will be totally loyal to him if that's the case. Totally
Hic sunt dracones
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Foggy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:56 am
Contentage. 8-)
Clearly the lexicon hasn’t kept up with the technology.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:04 pm
Foggy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:56 am
Contentage. 8-)
Clearly the lexicon hasn’t kept up with the technology.
Once y'all settle on a word, I'll add it.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I called it (trotting out the classics).

I wonder if some are getting bored with the act.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:01 pm I called it (trotting out the classics).

I wonder if some are getting bored with the act.
Nah, it was the most enthusiastic crowd ever!

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Too bad vaudeville is no longer around.

It might even play in Peoria.

Also, it is a pity that Ed Sullivan no longer has his variety show. tfg could vie with the plate spinners and animal acts for top billing.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Chuck Todd to Trump lawyer Jim Trusty: "He's done with classified documents what no former POTUS has ever done... there was actual cooperation by those former presidents to deal w/the dispute. In this case, not only is he not cooperating...how do explain him defying a subpoena?"

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”