Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Foggy »

northland10 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:41 pm I am not entirely sure the DOJ is all that concerned about an appeal now.
Agree, there's no rush on anything now, from the government's point of view.

The DOJ also could ask Merrick and Joe to convict Trump with their minds.
Trump couldn't complain about that, even if he had a mind.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:44 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:09 pm Isn’t there already a denied motion to dismiss pending at the 11th Circuit?
Upon further investigation, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a Motion to Dismiss yet. If so, we haven't discussed it.
I don't see an MTD on the CourtListener docket, though with all the amici, attorney appearances, and the loons, it would be easy to miss.

For completeness, here was the original request from the "complaint."
CONCLUSION
For the foregoing reasons, President Donald J. Trump respectfully requests that this Court
issue an order that: (a) appoints a Special Master; (b) enjoins further review of seized materials by the Government until a Special Master is appointed; (c) requires the Government to provide a more detailed Receipt For Property; and (d) requires the Government to return any item seized that was not within the scope of the Search Warrant.
Here is the docket for those who like horror shows.
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64 ... ed-states/
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:51 pm

Depends.
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Trying to keep up to date on all the moving parts: I understand the special master is requiring the government to file a detailed return of documents seized and then Trump's lawyers have til the 30th to declare which documents, if any, were planted by the government. Hmmmm, so, for the first time in this "case" Trump and/or his lawyers will be required to file a declaration. So, if I were the government, I would want to see such a declaration filed putting Trump's feet to the fire. On the other hand, Trump's lawyers must be desperate to not have to do this. [the long term damage to them is immense,: remembering Trump destroys everything he touches (how many bar licenses have been put into jeopardy since this mess started two years ago)] and Trump will, in no way, accept any responsibility for any of this nor will he sign anything.
So, if I am the government, I wait to file the motion to dismiss in hopes something does get filed and if I am the lawyers for Trump, I file the motion so they don't watch their bar licenses take a very big hit. This case is never going to get better for Trump but it sure is going to get worse for Trump's lawyers.
Just my thoughts on this late Thursday evening.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

northland10 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:47 pm
CONCLUSION
For the foregoing reasons, President Donald J. Trump respectfully requests that this Court
issue an order that: (a) appoints a Special Master; (b) enjoins further review of seized materials by the Government until a Special Master is appointed; (c) requires the Government to provide a more detailed Receipt For Property; and (d) requires the Government to return any item seized that was not within the scope of the Search Warrant.
I see that the Loose Cannon went far above what plaintiff requested, she enjoined the review of material until the SM had completed his work, not?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:14 pm :o NARA is a leftist organization? And documents one gives them disappeear into nowhere? Never to be seen again? :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :doh:
If you never go into a library or read a book, documents in an archive are effectively disappeared to you.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:51 pm
I see that the Loose Cannon went far above what plaintiff requested, she enjoined the review of material until the SM had completed his work, not?
Correct. She gave him a roadmap and suggestions for what he might ask for right from the start. And then gave him things he still didn't take the hint to ask for. Not at all what anyone would expect from a serious judge. She has earned the accusation of being a hack and a Trump humper.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Question:
Why have they only searched MAL? The Saudis have recently been to Bedminster; there are still a whole bunch of Russian-owned apartments in Trump Tower. Are we stupid, too polite, what?

Or do they only need the one?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:12 am Question:
Why have they only searched MAL? The Saudis have recently been to Bedminster; there are still a whole bunch of Russian-owned apartments in Trump Tower. Are we stupid, too polite, what?

Money. Money always walks.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Whilst this annoys the beejazus out of me too, I (from a IANAL perspective ) get it.

To go there you need a legally executed warrant
To get that you have to go to a judge
The judge will require some demonstrabe proof or evidence other than "it was at Maggots and Lard so why not have a poke elsewhere, 'cause belief"

We otherwise end up in a "round up the usuals suspects" and "Pour encourager les autres" land and I don't want to see that.

Now, again IANAL but IF a second warrant was raised and executed 'cause "demonstrable belief, we haz a reliable witness and photo's" then subsequent requests based on a justifiable expectation based on previous patterns of evidence of crime MAY well be issued

IANAL.....WAG....OMG.....WTF etc etc
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

OMFSM - Colbert was in his element that show :thumbsup:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

The FBI only had the "developed evidence" that stuff was still kept at MaL, a judge would not have approved a search warrant at the other locations.

But let's wait for the conclusion of the criminal investigation re 100 top classified documents and empty folders. I could see the FBI showing missing papers and convince a judge that the perpetrator of hiding the discovered papers may be hiding more elsewhere. New search locations may include the sewage system...
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Wait, I go to bed, I wake up, and there's nothing new? :eek:

No new rulings from the 11th Circuit? No new orders by Judges Cannon or Dearie? No new briefs by Trump or the government? :shock:

I pay my taxes! I need the gubbermint to entertain me! :cussing:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

To get a warrant, they need probable cause to believe that evidence of a crime will be found in the location they want to search.

It’s quite possible that there were government documents in those eight boxes, but until someone snitches, that’s not enough. The redacted affidavit in support of the warrant request will have spelled out exactly how the FBI came to believe there were classified documents and other government property at Mar-a-Lago. That they haven’t searched the other properties suggests that they don’t have that same level of proof.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:09 am ... but until someone snitches ...
True dat.

Howsoever, I do believe that will happen sooner than later.

On the other hand, I still believe in Russian pee hooker videos, you have been warned not to rely upon my beliefs.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:48 pm
orlylicious wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:51 pm

Depends.
Industrial/Military Grade

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

They are like a big, beautiful wall against the mess, and Mexico paid for made them.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Bill Lewis @theAntenna_uk wrote: Priceless:👇

Judge Dearie: When you say "the President", do you mean President Biden?

Attorney: "No, President Trump."

Judge: Let the record show Mr Trusty was referring to former President Trump, now a private citizen. Please continue.😅😂🤣
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by raison de arizona »

Whoops. Only the best.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

northland10 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:47 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:09 pm Isn’t there already a denied motion to dismiss pending at the 11th Circuit?
Upon further investigation, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a Motion to Dismiss yet. If so, we haven't discussed it.
I don't see an MTD on the CourtListener docket, though with all the amici, attorney appearances, and the loons, it would be easy to miss.

CONCLUSION
For the foregoing reasons, President Donald J. Trump respectfully requests that this Court issue an order that: (a) appoints a Special Master; (b) enjoins further review of seized materials by the Government until a Special Master is appointed; (c) requires the Government to provide a more detailed Receipt For Property; and (d) requires the Government to return any item seized that was not within the scope of the Search Warrant.
Ordinarily, I would not quote the entire post, but it's complete in the sense that it explains why I am withdrawing both of my official predictions and flushing them down the potty.
1. I predict the DOJ will file a Motion to Dismiss in Judge Cannon’s court, maybe as soon as mañana, but there's no rush. It will incorporate direct quotes from the 11th Circuit ruling last night, and will argue that Judge Cannon lacks jurisdiction to proceed, and,
Withdrawn and flushed, buh bye. :wave:

Based on what Northland10 has gotten from the original filing, it's clear that the ENTIRE CASE is on appeal to the 11th Circuit, so there's no option for asking Judge Cannon to dismiss the case. In theory, the Clerk of the District Court is preparing the record on appeal and all that stuff, and a briefing schedule will eventually be imposed, but it's out of Judge Cannon’s court now.
2. I predict that Trump’s attorneys will file a Motion for a Partial Stay of Judge Dearie's Case Management Plan in Judge Cannon’s court, insofar as he ordered them to specify evidence claims. The declaration Judge Dearie ordered them to file isn't due until September 30th, so they have a little time. Not much, but a little.
Withdrawn and flushed, buh bye some more.

Same deal, this case is in the 11th Circuit now and I suppose Trump’s lawyers could ask the appeals court for help against mean ol' Judge Dearie, but nope. :nope:

That doesn't prevent them from trying, but it flushes my prediction. I don't think they will go crying to Cannon OR the 11th Circuit, but I suspect instead they will try to play games with Judge Dearie. That's not a prediction either. I'm fresh out of predictions, for now. :shrug:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Where is Criswell when we really, really need him for his predictions?

:bag:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Just a late contribution: this case started so irregular by the Loose Cannon predicting her ruling long before the DOJ was even served (I seem to remember she said that the DOJ received an email somewhere sometime so they knew this was happening). IIRC she then made a ruling based solely on the plaintiffs propositions and before the DOJs attorneys even made an appearance. In their first motion they reacted directly to the out of line order of the judge and skipped the motion to dismiss. They may submit it next if something is left over after the 11th had their lunch and crunched and crushed the ladies opinion of law and procedure.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:00 pm
Bill Lewis @theAntenna_uk wrote: Priceless:👇

Judge Dearie: When you say "the President", do you mean President Biden?

Attorney: "No, President Trump."

Judge: Let the record show Mr Trusty was referring to former President Trump, now a private citizen. Please continue.😅😂🤣
This apparently never happened. It started out as fantasy of what should happen at the hearing. It went viral and lost the original context as it spread.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”