Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Volkonski »

Lawyers like Trump wants can get plenty of clients without Trump's baggage.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Luke »

Asked our buddy Mike Dunford if we could throw his name out there to join the dotard's legal team. Shockingly, no reply yet. :lol: With a h/t to Kendra.

When you have a moment -- How does the gift link work? How much does it cost? Have seen WaPo and NYT gift links, are they the same price?
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Gee. I wonder why. :think:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

When you have a moment -- How does the gift link work? How much does it cost? Have seen WaPo and NYT gift links, are they the same price?
:confuzzled:

I subscribe to WAPO, so they let me gift - I think there's a monthly limit. I was on a NYT article (I don't subscribe) and tried for kicks to gift and it said I had to be a subscriber, so there's where I left it. Others smarter than me can weigh in :)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://wapo.st/3pmxQl1
Former president Donald Trump has called on a judge to unseal the affidavit central to last week’s FBI search of his Florida home, believing that any information made public about the investigation into his handling of classified material will electrify his supporters and benefit him politically, according to people he has conferred with in recent days.

Some within Trump’s circle believe that releasing the document would give him additional ammunition to attack the integrity of the Justice Department’s inquiry. Yet others fear that such a move could backfire because they do not know exactly what it contains, these people said. Like others, they spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss their private conversations with the former president.

The affidavit, which likely contains witness names and other sensitive details about federal law enforcement’s methods and evidence, has emerged as the latest flash point in the ongoing criminal probe stemming from Trump’s dispute with the National Archives over materials taken from the White House when his term ended last year.
:snippity:
And surveillance video from Mar-a-Lago that was captured over 60 days and subpoenaed by the Justice Department shows people going in and out of the storage area where the classified documents were kept, said a person with knowledge of the footage
. :snippity:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Normally I confine Bongino spew to the Bongino thread, but I’m going to put this here and I’ll tell you why. Bongino had a private dinner with tfg and one other person the other night. He’s been pretty tight lipped about it other than to say that it was 2+ hours and if anyone thinks this raid will deter tfg from running, it is having the opposite effect. Anyway. I bring that up to preface that on his show today Bongino rolled out that the SC info tfg had was old limo routes that had already been driven. Namely, his point being that routes driven by presidential vehicles are kept under extreme wraps - SCI wraps, but once they are driven it doesn’t matter anymore and it can be declassified. I’d completely blow it off except for Bongino’s intimate dinner with tfg, and the fact that Bongino was a Secret Service agent for many years including being assigned to presidential details.

Take for that what you will, I found it vaguely interesting. Most likely BS, but quite possibly BS they are testing for rollout.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:13 pm Normally I confine Bongino spew to the Bongino thread, but I’m going to put this here and I’ll tell you why. Bongino had a private dinner with tfg and one other person the other night. He’s been pretty tight lipped about it other than to say that it was 2+ hours and if anyone thinks this raid will deter tfg from running, it is having the opposite effect. Anyway. I bring that up to preface that on his show today Bongino rolled out that the SC info tfg had was old limo routes that had already been driven. Namely, his point being that routes driven by presidential vehicles are kept under extreme wraps - SCI wraps, but once they are driven it doesn’t matter anymore and it can be declassified. I’d completely blow it off except for Bongino’s intimate dinner with tfg, and the fact that Bongino was a Secret Service agent for many years including being assigned to presidential details.

Take for that what you will, I found it vaguely interesting. Most likely BS, but quite possibly BS they are testing for rollout.
IIRC, that's the same kind of stuff in Hillaries eMails. Schedules and stuff like that.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
much ado

Post by much ado »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:50 pm

I subscribe to WAPO, so they let me gift - I think there's a monthly limit. I was on a NYT article (I don't subscribe) and tried for kicks to gift and it said I had to be a subscriber, so there's where I left it. Others smarter than me can weigh in :)
I subscribe to both NYT and WaPo. Gift links to both are free to subscribers. Both limit the number of gift links outstanding to 10 per month. I thnk they mean per rolling 30-day time period. WaPo gift links can be accessed for 14 days; not sure about how long NYT gift links can be accessed.

But subscribers can give them out free.

ETA:

NYT information on gift links: https://open.nytimes.com/a-new-way-to-s ... 66e8d7e620

WaPo information on gift links: https://helpcenter.washingtonpost.com/h ... t-Articles
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:50 pm

NYT lets me as a basic subscriber gift 10 articles per month. Not sure about WaPo because my subscription is the deal they give government employees and I've never looked into the perks.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:13 pm Normally I confine Bongino spew to the Bongino thread, but I’m going to put this here and I’ll tell you why. Bongino had a private dinner with tfg and one other person the other night. He’s been pretty tight lipped about it other than to say that it was 2+ hours and if anyone thinks this raid will deter tfg from running, it is having the opposite effect. Anyway. I bring that up to preface that on his show today Bongino rolled out that the SC info tfg had was old limo routes that had already been driven. Namely, his point being that routes driven by presidential vehicles are kept under extreme wraps - SCI wraps, but once they are driven it doesn’t matter anymore and it can be declassified. I’d completely blow it off except for Bongino’s intimate dinner with tfg, and the fact that Bongino was a Secret Service agent for many years including being assigned to presidential details.

There’s a reason that stuff remains classified even after the route has been driven. It would provide people who want to do the President harm clues about route planning generally, and patterns the Secret Service* use to move the President around.

*I almost abbreviated that “SS” and thought it was a little too close to the mark in Trump’s case.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just as an aside...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... a52d2de46d
Trump Pleaded The Fifth 97 Times To Avoid Admitting To Adultery
But he has no problem attacking Clinton over her husband's infidelity.
Christina Wilkie
By
Christina Wilkie
Sep 29, 2016, 08:55 PM EDT

In the summer of 1990, at the height of his bitter divorce from his first wife, Donald Trump was carrying on a very public extramarital affair with a former beauty queen, Marla Maples.

As part of the couple’s divorce proceedings, Ivana Trump’s lawyers asked him under oath about his dealings with other women and whether he had been faithful to his wife.

Instead of answering, Donald Trump invoked his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination. Over the course of five depositions that summer, he was asked approximately 100 questions related to marital infidelity. He pleaded the Fifth on 97 of them.

“Donald preaches about his devotion to the Second Amendment, but it was the Fifth Amendment that was his favorite when he was deposed in the divorce with Ivana,” wrote biographer Wayne Barrett in his 1992 book, Trump: The Greatest Show on Earth. A New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement report later verified Barrett’s reporting on those depositions, which are still sealed.

For Trump, taking the Fifth seemed to work out well. He later bragged that he managed to settle the divorce without giving his first wife a penny more than required by the prenuptial agreement.

Now, with less than six weeks to go until Election Day, Trump is again focused on questions of marital infidelity and invoking Fifth Amendment rights. Only this time, the GOP presidential nominee has cast himself as the judge.
Hic sunt dracones
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Declassification excuse doesn't hold up. Kash claims Trump cronies stopped the declassification process
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:40 am Declassification excuse doesn't hold up. Kash claims Trump cronies stopped the declassification process
https:// twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1559267666254249985
Ryan Goodman@rgoodlaw
Kash Patel vs. Kash Patel

Patel maintains his line that info was 'declassified,' but admits:

"Cronies actually bureaucratically STOPPED the declassification process"

"I am going to continue that work at the National Archives, I apologize I CAN'T GET IT DECLASSIFIED overnight."

9:55 PM · Aug 15, 2022
Liar, the classified stuff is handled exclusively by the National Archive. While you may still posses carryover security clearance (to expire any day now) this only give you read access to some secret documents if you know what to ask for. Your appointment is to handle the public treasure trove.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:03 am *I almost abbreviated that “SS” and thought it was a little too close to the mark in Trump’s case.
The Secret Service gets that, which is why when they are serving at Embassies overseas as attaches, it is abbreviated USSS. :)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Navy boys from a steam ship ? :lol:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Looks like Don Jr. is melting down again. He's in bad shape.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Dear god, does he not know how to modulate his voice? Does he even have an inside voice? Does he talk like that all the time? I only hear him when he makes these silly videos or is speaking on stage.
Is that a blown-glass bong on the shelf level with his right ear?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Maybe. I want to know what's up with the folded triangle flag. When did someone in his family serve?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:26 pm Maybe. I want to know what's up with the folded triangle flag. When did someone in his family serve?
I don't think anyone has. I know Fred bailed out of Germany when his mandatory service came up, then he returned years later and Germany revoked his citizenship for not serving. I remember reading something about one of tfg's children wanting to serve (Jr?) and tfg telling them in no uncertain terms that military service was only for losers.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:30 pm I don't think anyone has. I know Fred bailed out of Germany when his mandatory service came up, then he returned years later and Germany revoked his citizenship for not serving. I remember reading something about one of tfg's children wanting to serve (Jr?) and tfg telling them in no uncertain terms that military service was only for losers.
That wasn't Fred. That was Fred's father Fredrich Drumpf, exiled from Bavaria.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... ia-deport/
Hic sunt dracones
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:26 pm Maybe. I want to know what's up with the folded triangle flag. When did someone in his family serve?
I wondered the same thing a few weeks ago when I caught a glimpse of it. Perhaps some deluded cult member thought Jr 'deserved' a flag.
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:26 pm Maybe. I want to know what's up with the folded triangle flag.
My WAG is American Legion Post No. 45 presented it to "honor" his contributions to "helping" veterans. Or Arpaio flew that flag for two minutes on his third-to-last day as sheriff of the MCSO. Etc. The usual trinkets passed around by the usual people.
Azastan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:36 pmPerhaps some deluded cult member thought Jr 'deserved' a flag.
People have given away their Purple Heart medals to even less deserving recipients.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:35 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:30 pm I don't think anyone has. I know Fred bailed out of Germany when his mandatory service came up, then he returned years later and Germany revoked his citizenship for not serving. I remember reading something about one of tfg's children wanting to serve (Jr?) and tfg telling them in no uncertain terms that military service was only for losers.
That wasn't Fred. That was Fred's father Fredrich Drumpf, exiled from Bavaria.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... ia-deport/
Ah, thank you! :thumbsup:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”