Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Foggy »

Yes, they probably will. They are probably going to think about that when setting the price for their services. :batting:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Uninformed

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Uninformed »

Would Judge Dearie have responsibility for ensuring the document company gets paid or would it be Judge Loose?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Alternatively, five companies feel like the DOJ has been weaponized and will not take part in this regime’s persecution of The Donald.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Danraft wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:04 pm Alternatively, five companies feel like the DOJ has been weaponized and will not take part in this regime’s persecution of The Donald.
:talktothehand: nope, the DOJ said the companies were willing to work with them, just not tfg's team.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:03 pm Would Judge Dearie have responsibility for ensuring the document company gets paid or would it be Judge Loose?
I saw something that mentioned a task order.

To me that indicates that the DOJ will pay the vendor based on preset rates and an existing service contract.

They will then turn around and invoice TFG. If the fat orange one refuses to pay, the government has ways.

Can the government garnish his pension?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:51 pm Can the government garnish his pension?
I'd be fine with the gov't pulling his SS protection and that of his kids.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:51 pm
Uninformed wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:03 pm Would Judge Dearie have responsibility for ensuring the document company gets paid or would it be Judge Loose?
I saw something that mentioned a task order.

To me that indicates that the DOJ will pay the vendor based on preset rates and an existing service contract.

They will then turn around and invoice TFG. If the fat orange one refuses to pay, the government has ways.

Can the government garnish his pension?
The government can (and will, without hesitation) seize bank accounts...
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

It would be Cannon ultimately. It was her order that decreed TrumpCo would be responsible for the Special Master expenses.
D7C1A72D-CC2B-4E40-B73F-9187E6A787B3.jpeg
D7C1A72D-CC2B-4E40-B73F-9187E6A787B3.jpeg (336.04 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Thanks.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Jim wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:54 pm
Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:51 pm Can the government garnish his pension?
If I recall, that ended six months after he was out of office....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:37 pm
IIRC prior to leaving the WH the former guy made an EO that extended the protection to one year, over the standard six months. The new administration just let it stand.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:54 pm

IIRC prior to leaving the WH the former guy made an EO that extended the protection to one year, over the standard six months. The new administration just let it stand.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Former presidents and their wives get SS protection for life. The VP and his wife only got protection for six months.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/3056
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump’s attorney’s say the FBI seized 200,000 pages of documents from Mar-a-Lago, not the 11,000 initially believed. It’s actually 11,000 documents totaling 200,000 pages.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Trump’s team is still trying to delay and want their longer timeline.

The argument is that the DOJ says the vendors can assess “50 pages per hour”. And given that there are apparent 200,000 pages… well that’s gonna take some time, eh?

I haven’t re-read where the Govt said how fast the vendors can go thru stuff, but I’m pretty sure they meant 50 documents per hour. If a 50 page document has classified info on page 1 there’s no need to go thru the other 49 pages.

They claim the 200,000 pages is why the vendors won’t play with them.

And they unsealed their filing of the 25th after the DOJ publicly replied to it yesterday.

Formerly sealed letter to Special Master https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 23.1_1.pdf

Motion to extend time. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .123.0.pdf
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

So did the T attorneys make their budget on 11000 scanned pages and now will get a bill for 200000 pages?

Looks like a T cheat sheet applied :twisted:

ETA. to determine if a document contains privileged attorney material, generally it will be sufficient to copy only the first page with address and subject. No attorney mentioned, no privilege. Reminder: its not about executive privilage, then its anyhow a document for NARA.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:01 pm They claim the 200,000 pages is why the vendors won’t play with them.
That's complete nonsense. I have some expertise in legal document management systems from work I did a couple years ago. 200,000 pages is not even going to get a real legal e-discovery system to work up a sweat. Ingest time on that is a couple hours max, including full text index. Setting up a taxonomy for classification might take a couple of days. It's a trivial problem.

A lot of companies using e-discovery archival software have to index not 200,000 but 200,000,000 or even 2,000,000,000 pages, and the techniques for making that fully searchable with sub-second response time are well understood. Most F500 companies will have something like 10 billion email messages on their servers that could be subject to discovery.

Again, a complete and utter lie, and a pathetic one at that.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I just did a google search - how many pages fit in a bankers box - and the reply I received was 2,000-2,500. So 200,000 pages would take 80 to 100 banker boxes. Just saying.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Y'all be talking like this is gonna get in a court room.

Giggle.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:39 pm Y'all be talking like this is gonna get in a court room.

Giggle.
Judge Dearie is running this side show out of his court room in NYC ;)
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

10 reams of paper per box, 500 sheets per ream, less the folders, envelopes, etc , so somewhere south of 5000 pages per box, assuming the boxes are full of nothing but documents and not counting the newspaper clippings and books and photos and all the other crap he had in there.

Maybe the Judge will respond by assigning several people/companies to do it by the deadline and charge the additional cost back to trump. :lol:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:24 pm So did the T attorneys make their budget on 11000 scanned pages and now will get a bill for 200000 pages?

Looks like a T cheat sheet applied :twisted:

ETA. to determine if a document contains privileged attorney material, generally it will be sufficient to copy only the first page with address and subject. No attorney mentioned, no privilege. Reminder: its not about executive privilage, then its anyhow a document for NARA.
Not surprisingly, the Plaintiff's whines are crap. It was _always_ understood that it was 11,000 docs, not 11,000 pages. If they were so incompetent as to know now how to read, that's just too damned bad. Scum.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

As always JPC, awesome information and analysis, thank you. Posted a Twitter thread with your post, along with a link to Fogbow to invite people to come to visit this topic (and hopefully join us):

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: Up to 200,000 pages of docs may have been seized in FBI raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago. Also Chris Kise does indeed appear to have disappeared from filings. Doc:
It looks to me like the $3M lawyer didn't sign this letter. :whistle:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”