Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Gettable Senate Seats

Gregg

Re: Gettable Senate Seats

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:46 am I don't think anyone's figured out exactly how McConnell got elected in the last election.
There is a certain crossroads...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This is just beautiful. Just like Donald bring ripped off, the NRSC thought 'hey, we can do that too!" :lol:
‘It’s a rip-off’: GOP spending under fire as Senate hopefuls seek rescue
A cash crunch at campaigns and the NRSC set off a panic as GOP candidates emerged from bruising primaries playing catch-up in polls and advertising
By Isaac Arnsdorf August 19, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. EDT

Republican Senate hopefuls are getting crushed on airwaves across the country while their national campaign fund is pulling ads and running low on cash — leading some campaign advisers to ask where all the money went and to demand an audit of the committee’s finances, according to Republican strategists involved in the discussions. In a highly unusual move, the National Republican Senatorial Committee this week canceled bookings worth about $10 million, including in the critical states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Arizona. A spokesman said the NRSC is not abandoning those races but prioritizing ad spots that are shared with campaigns and benefit from discounted rates. Still, the cancellations forfeit cheaper prices that came from booking early, and better budgeting could have covered both. “The fact that they canceled these reservations was a huge problem — you can’t get them back,” said one Senate Republican strategist, who like others spokes on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal matters. “You can’t win elections if you don’t have money to run ads.”

The NRSC’s retreat came after months of touting record fundraising, topping $173 million so far this election cycle, according to Federal Election Commission disclosures. But the committee has burned through nearly all of it, with the NRSC’s cash on hand dwindling to $28.4 million by the end of June. As of that month, the committee disclosed spending just $23 million on ads, with more than $21 million going into text messages and more than $12 million to American Express credit card payments*, whose ultimate purpose isn’t clear from the filings. The committee also spent at least $13 million on consultants, $9 million on debt payments and more than $7.9 million renting mailing lists, campaign finance data show. “If they were a corporation, the CEO would be fired and investigated,” said a national Republican consultant working on Senate races. “The way this money has been burned, there needs to be an audit or investigation because we’re not gonna take the Senate now and this money has been squandered. It’s a rip-off.”

The NRSC’s chairman, Sen. Rick Scott of Florida, has already taken heat from fellow Republicans for running ads featuring him on camera and releasing his own policy agenda that became a Democratic punching bag — leading to jokes that “NRSC” stood for “National Rick Scott Committee” in a bid to fuel his own presumed presidential ambitions. Other spending decisions, such as putting about $1 million total into reliably blue Colorado and Washington earlier this month sparked fresh questions after the committee turned around and canceled buys in core battlegrounds.
Democrats are outspending Republicans by more than double in the Arizona Senate race; by almost two-to-one in Nevada and by four-to-one in Ohio, according to the media tracking firm AdImpact. Republicans are also being outspent by about $14 million in Georgia. “Everything came together at once, and everyone woke up like, ‘Oh my God,’” said one Republican consultant. “It’s been an absolutely disastrous two weeks for GOP Senate stuff on all fronts.” :lol:
Much much more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p_politics

* Sources who refused to be identified said at least $4 million of the American Express bill was spent on Pup-Peroni, donuts and other expenses for an unknown tactical security force that originally was thought to be part of the NRSC, but turned out to be a pro-democratic force that took their money and escaped into the night.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:57 pm This is just beautiful. Just like Donald bring ripped off, the NRSC thought 'hey, we can do that too!" :lol:

:snippity:
Much much more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p_politics

* Sources who refused to be identified said at least $4 million of the American Express bill was spent on Pup-Peroni, donuts and other expenses for an unknown tactical security force that originally was thought to be part of the NRSC, but turned out to be a pro-democratic force that took their money and escaped into the night.
[/quote]

No comment :?: :rotflmao:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

What the AF did they expect after putting Mr. Medicaid Fraud in charge of their $$?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:01 pm What the AF did they expect after putting Mr. Medicaid Fraud in charge of their $$?
Let's be honest. Republicans don't send their best people. They send the child traffickers, their grifters and outright thieves....

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:12 pm :snippity:

Let's be honest. Republicans don't send their best people. They send the child traffickers, their grifters and outright thieves....
Yearning to breath free.......

...and grift a whole lotta cash from the pockets of the credulous...

I'll see myself out... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

If'n I recall correctly, tfg ran out of spending money in August 2020. Sticky fingers, perhaps?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

duplicate?
Republicans Demand To Know What Happened To Vanishing GOP Millions
“If they were a corporation, the CEO would be fired,” a GOP consultant said of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, The Washington Post reported.

Mary Papenfuss
Aug 20, 2022, 10:15 AM EDT

A number of Republican strategists and consultants are growing increasingly dismayed about millions of dollars vanishing at the National Republican Senatorial Committee — just when the funds are needed most, The Washington Post reported Friday.

Cash at the national campaign fund is dwindling as candidates head into the final stretch of Senate races across the U.S.

“If they were a corporation, the CEO would be fired,” a national Republican consultant working on Senate races told the newspaper, referring to the committee.

“There needs to be an audit or investigation because we’re not gonna take the Senate now and this money has been squandered,” added the consultant, who spoke to the outlet on condition of anonymity. “It’s a rip-off.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republic ... 23a255cb3c
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

What do you expect when you KNOWINGLY and WILLINGLY put con-artists and imbeciles in control of your finances?

Fer fks sake.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Odds that Rick Scott pleads the 5th if asked about this under oath? :)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

keith wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:02 am What do you expect when you KNOWINGLY and WILLINGLY put con-artists and imbeciles in control of your finances?

Fer fks sake.

All they have to choose from is imbeciles and con artists, so they did good find people to cover both.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Gettable Senate Seats

Post by raison de arizona »

McConnell's adversary gives a thoughtful answer to an anti-abortion heckler. Kentucky deserves someone like Booker.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
New Turtle

Gettable Senate Seats

Post by New Turtle »

Booker is running against Rand Paul, not McConnell.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Gettable Senate Seats

Post by raison de arizona »

New Turtle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:14 pm Booker is running against Rand Paul, not McConnell.
Well, shoot :bag:. Him too though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Gettable Senate Seats

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:02 pm McConnell's adversary gives a thoughtful answer to an anti-abortion heckler. Kentucky deserves someone like Booker.
I like him

Return to “U.S. Senate”