Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Utah Senate Race

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

2022 Utah Senate Race

Post by raison de arizona »

Mentioned this in the Races We Aren't Following topic and decided it was, in fact, worth following.
Opinion: Are Mike Lee and Evan McMullin really this close in the race for U.S. Senate?
Utah’s U.S. Senate race is making national and global news as Evan McMullin and Mike Lee get ready for November voting. What does McMullin’s independent candidacy status mean if he is elected?

The Mike Lee/Evan McMullin Senate race is getting some national notice and polls show it is closer than many people expected. Are the surveys reading the voters accurately?

Pignanelli: “The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn’t.” — Joseph Mankiewicz

Hollywood has distributed dozens of movies with plots of outsider candidates using quirky tactics to achieve high office. So Utahns can be excused for a surreal feeling of living in a cinematic environment when pondering the Senate race. Indeed, the strangeness of this contest has captured national and global attention.

This unusual fascination captured the imagination of many voters. Meanwhile, Lee was under assault from primary opponents for at least six months, while McMullin enjoyed a free pass. McMullin supporters publicly heaped praise for his lofty ideals (some comparing him to Abraham Lincoln) while disparaging Lee. Consequently, some surveys are predicting a close race.
:snippity:
https://www.deseret.com/opinion/2022/7/ ... tah-caucus

Latest poll:
The survey of 801 registered Utah voters shows 41% would vote for Lee and 36% for McMullin if the general election were held today. Another 14% would choose another candidate (two third-party candidates are on the ballot) and 8% don’t know who they would vote for.
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/7/20/ ... o-will-win

That's a horse race, ladies and gentlemen, and Mike Lee is a tfg sycophant and there are an awful lot of Mormons in Utah that are less than thrilled with tfg.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: 2022 Utah Senate Race

Post by Foggy »

Will be interesting to see what, if anything, Mitt Rmoney does to influence the LDS vote. :batting:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:17 pm Will be interesting to see what, if anything, Mitt Rmoney does to influence the LDS vote. :batting:
He will say he fully supports "McMuLee." The LDS fake accounts on twitter will convince Progressives its a sign of true leadership.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:20 pm
Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:17 pm Will be interesting to see what, if anything, Mitt Rmoney does to influence the LDS vote. :batting:
He will say he fully supports "McMuLee." The LDS fake accounts on twitter will convince Progressives its a sign of true leadership.
I don't hate McMullin, he's nothing like Lee. I'd take McMullin head, shoulders, and torso over Lee any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If I lived in Utah, knowing the Dem doesn't have a snowball's chance, I'd vote for McMullin.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

He's doing it! God I hope Mike Lee gets sent packing.
Political Polls @Politics_Polls wrote: Evan McMullin (I) 47% (+1)
Mike Lee (R-Inc) 46%

Impact Research/@EvanMcMullin Internal Poll
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... rump-utah/
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Sorry I don't put faith in internal polls. Let me know when one not paid for by the candidate is out there with him ahead.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:49 pm Sorry I don't put faith in internal polls. Let me know when one not paid for by the candidate is out there with him ahead.
I agree, but ain't nobody polling out there that I've seen. The last one I saw was a ways back that put McMullin over 10 points down. I'm not taking this one to the bank, but I suspect there has been considerable movement.

FWIW, Lee's internal poll puts Lee at 50, McMullin at 32.
Kendra

2022 Utah Senate Race

Post by Kendra »

McMullin: You said the president should listen to legal quack Sidney Powell, please make time for her, let her in you told the white house chief of staff… You were there to stand up for our constitution but when the barbarians were at the gate, you were happy to let them in
Kendra

2022 Utah Senate Race

Post by Kendra »

McMullin: You are the only member of Utah's congressional delegation not to be blacklisted by Putin. There is a reason why. In 2017 he was one of only two senators to vote against sanctioning Putin's regime. In 2019, He went to Russia alone and discussed lifting sanctions.
OK, now I swear I'm :towel: on politics and debates and watching comfort TV.
raison de arizona

2022 Utah Senate Race

Hope body blows like the one above move the needle a bit more.
Dr. Ken

2022 Utah Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

Looks like all the gop candidates are bringing props
Dr. Ken

2022 Utah Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona

2022 Utah Senate Race

Heard Jason Chaffetz on Brian Kilmeade's radio program this morning, who is from Utah. He claims the polls are all wrong and that Lee is going to beat McMullin by double digits. I fear Lee is going to win, but I don't think it is going to be double digits. Made another donation to McMullin just because.
raison de arizona

2022 Utah Senate Race

53-43. Fooey. McMullin had a good showing as an independent though.

Return to “U.S. Senate”