Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Missouri Senate Race

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

2022 Missouri Senate Race

Post by Foggy »

We have threads about other states (and the Mark McCloskey thread but he doesn't seem to be a viable candidate).

21 Democrats and 11 Republicans are running. This is the one with Eric Greitens.

Primary is August 2nd. Next Tuesday.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: 2022 Missouri Senate Race

Post by Slim Cognito »

This is the one where I think our best shot is Greitens (the Akin Conundrum is what got Claire McCaskill reelected) but at this point, I'm afraid he'd win it so....I'm hoping he stays in third place. I think, state-wise, Missouri is a lost cause.

But in my last trip home last spring, my kids took me down to all the artsy fartsy areas that I hadn't visited since I left and I got a little homesick for the first time in 10 years. KC is a pretty cool town.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

KC is a pretty cool town.

Yes, it is. Hubby lived there for his first job out of college. Firstborn son lived and worked there after college, married there and had his firstborn there. He lived 10 blocks from where Hubby had lived in Prairie Village. I always called KC a "big overgrown Little Rock". That still applies. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:25 pm KC is a pretty cool town.

Yes, it is. Hubby lived there for his first job out of college. Firstborn son lived and worked there after college, married there and had his firstborn there. He lived 10 blocks from where Hubby had lived in Prairie Village. I always called KC a "big overgrown Little Rock". That still applies. :biggrin:
My husband grew up in Prairie Village, still own the house he inherited from his father that his son now rents. It's my second favorite suburb (Park Hill being #1). KC proper has a great art scene and an even greater music history.

(Also Westwood, but it's so gentrified now, regular people can't afford it.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

and the KC CHIEFS

and KC ROYALS
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:19 pm and the KC CHIEFS

and KC ROYALS
Damn Straight!!

I'm in JoCo and have been most of my life. In a lot of ways, I felt quite a bit more comfortable with the more liberal atmosphere when I lived in Seattle in the mid-to-late 80's, but other than that, I like it here.
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Banking on low information, gullible MAGA voters buying it, the fraud Eric Greitens releases a video acting like Trump endorsed him over Schmidt.
bob

Post by bob »

"For completeness," he endorsed "Eric," without specifying which one:
Image ImageImage
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:35 pm This is the one where I think our best shot is Greitens (the Akin Conundrum is what got Claire McCaskill reelected) but at this point, I'm afraid he'd win it so....I'm hoping he stays in third place. I think, state-wise, Missouri is a lost cause.

But in my last trip home last spring, my kids took me down to all the artsy fartsy areas that I hadn't visited since I left and I got a little homesick for the first time in 10 years. KC is a pretty cool town.
Greitens :thor: isn't the worst outcome. He's a not too bright rapey little thief with no impulse control, but he's not going to be effective long term at anything. Schmitt is a Bond villain evil bastard who already has a body count from suing schools etc to keep them from mask mandates. He isn't just evil, he'll be effective over the long term.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I'm in the St. Louis area checking in on my dad every 3 or 4 weeks and the ads on the nightly news are nothing but a string of republicans trying to prove how much more vile they are than the rest of them. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention but Greitens, Schmitt and Hartzler seem to be in a three way tie for most disgusting person in the state. It's extremely likely one of the three will be the next senator.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

This is the worst possible result. Eric Schmitt is the F'ing antichrist.

I hope to God Trudy Busch can beat him.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

If Trudy Bush Valentine is the Democratic nominee, the polling found:

Eric Schmitt 36%, Valentine 30%, Wood 9%. 6% would look to another third-party candidate; 18% are undecided.
https://www.kmov.com/2022/07/28/exclusi ... tor-blunt/

That's not horrible for this point.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

:lol:

Tiredretiredlawyer

:violin:

Return to “U.S. Senate”