Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

It isn't the blantant lies so much. It''s the horrible reasoning. Ya know?
DrIrvingFinegarten

Twitter

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

Suranis wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:59 pm James Woods is unrecognizable because he's old now. The DNC isn't responsible for that. Nor are they responsible for his inability to keep his mouth shut.

Spoiler - I like a lot of James Woods movies. Decent actor in his day. His biopic on Roy Cohn "Citizen Cohn" portrayed him as really freaking slimey so he didnt avoid Right wing figures and wasnt afraid to show them as assholes.

I often wonder about what he thinks about Cohn these days. I read somewhere after the Clinton/Lewinsky thing he shifted to the right.
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:15 pm So he's suing over all the jobs he lost since the DNC reported his tweet, huh?

Do we even know if Twitter deleted it? :confuzzled:
Did he call Scot Baio?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:08 am
Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:15 pm So he's suing over all the jobs he lost since the DNC reported his tweet, huh?

Do we even know if Twitter deleted it? :confuzzled:
Did he call Scot Baio?
What I found a bit humorous is he doesn't yet have an attorney for this crusade. I think he's throwing his grievance out into public (free speech) with hopes one of them will come to his assist.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Twitter

Post by mojosapien »

I keep my Twitter account active, btw.
Who shipped James Howard Woods in this direction?
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... ter-files/
It was billed as a bombshell: Elon Musk, after rifling through his new company’s internal files, would finally expose how Twitter engaged in “free speech suppression” in the critical run up to the 2020 election.

“This will be awesome,” Musk tweeted, teasing the announcement with a popcorn emoji.

But by the time the dust settled Saturday, even some conservatives were grumbling that it was a dud. Musk’s Twitter Files produced no smoking gun showing that the tech giant had bent to the will of Democrats.

A handful of screenshots from 2020, posted over the course of two hours Friday evening in a disjointed, roughly 40-tweet thread, show the San Francisco company debating a decision to restrict sharing of a controversial New York Post story about the son of then Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

The Twitter thread, based on internal communications posted by Substack writer Matt Taibbi, showed the company independently decided to limit the spread of the article, without Democratic politicians, the Biden campaign or FBI exerting control over the social media network. In fact, the only input from a sitting politician that Taibbi noted was from Silicon Valley Rep. Ro Khanna (D), who told Twitter executives they should distribute the story, regardless of the potential consequences for his party.

“I’m not persuaded these are anything close to a bombshell,” said Jameel Jaffer, the director of the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University, in an interview.

In the process, Musk took the extraordinary step of promoting the leak of internal company communications to Taibbi, exposing the names of several rank-and-file workers and Khanna’s personal email address.

The online mob descended on the Twitter workers on the chain, threatening them and circulating their photos online.

“Publicly posting the names and identities of front-line employees involved in content moderation puts them in harm’s way and is a fundamentally unacceptable thing to do,” former Twitter Trust and Safety chief Yoel Roth, who was among the employees named in the tweets, said in a social media post.

Musk, Taibbi and Twitter did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Musk acknowledged on a Twitter Spaces audio chat Saturday afternoon some missteps including “a few cases where I think we should have excluded some email addresses.”

“The idea here is to come clean on everything that has happened in the past in order to build public trust for the future,” Musk said during the Twitter Spaces which was plagued with technical difficulties. Musk said he joined via a Starlink satellite connection from his private jet.

Musk also criticized the media’s coverage of the files.

“Rather than admit they lied to the public they’re trying to pretend this is a nothingburger,” he said. “Shame on them.”

Musk and Taibbi both tweeted that they would reveal more information in a second chapter Saturday. Musk also said on the Spaces that he shared the documents with another Substack writer, Bari Weiss, and suggested he may share them with the public in the future.

The spectacle capped off another week of chaos at Musk’s Twitter, after the “chief Twit” spent Friday afternoon meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron and batting back reports about the rise of hate speech on the Twitter platform. He also attracted attention for suspending the rapper Ye, who had tweeted the image of a swastika combined with the Star of David. And the relaunch of a paid check mark system expected for Friday was delayed again, according to a person familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the decision.

During the Twitter Spaces, Musk said, “I personally wanted to punch Kanye,” explaining how Ye’s swastika post was incitement to violence. He said he made the decision to suspend him.

Musk’s “free speech” agenda has defined his tumultuous takeover of Twitter, as he has argued since the early days of the deal that the platform serve as a “de facto town square” where people are “able to speak freely within the bounds of the law.” He has asserted that the company has a “strong left wing bias.” And in recent days, he has granted amnesty to...
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:28 pm I read a lot a fair amount of and about Taibbi in the early 00s. He grew up mostly in Russia; his dad was a reporter for ABC (everyone assumed CIA) and the family was among the first Westerners allowed after the breakup. He was wild, lots of drinking and whatever goes with it in Russia - being chased by police, for one thing. I have assumed without evidence for quite some time that Taibbi is part of the Russian disinformation push. I lost interest in him before he turned on the left, so I’m not sure if there was an incident or a wife or what caused it.

But turn he has. Like Greenwald turned. Greenwald lies about people quite a bit, always has, and that contributes to his bitterness against former colleagues who publicly call him on the lies. Not sure if Taibbi lies or just has selective beliefs.

I no longer believe his reporting.
Similar mindset here. I believe he's still married (happily?) to an M.D. or something. But there has been a definite heel turn from the early aughts Taibbi who was one of the reasons I occasionally picked up an issue of Rolling Stone and his current work. He's become the literary journalistic equivalent of Steven Seagal for me and that makes me sad.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Article from Oct. 2021 on Taibbi. He sounds like a tool to me.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/10 ... aibbi.html
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:28 pm Not sure if Taibbi lies or just has selective beliefs.

I no longer believe his reporting.
Thanks for filling that in
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Shrewd move from Musk to short circuit any talk of Russian misinformation by using a reporter with absolutely no connection to Russia.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Twitter

Put the band back together!
Ian Brown @igb wrote: The @TwitterSpaces team no longer works at Twitter and is currently looking to get hired as team/package deal. These folks are top-notch large-scale social audio engineers and worth $$$ to any Twitter competitor.
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Great work by Twitter Spaces team!
No, really.
linkedin.com wrote: Ruslan Semenov on LinkedIn: #team #oneteam #lovewhereyouworked #opportunities #talent #spaces… | 62...
Twitter Spaces team is looking for a new home! Hey all. As you all know Twitter has gone through a very quick hurricane of unique and ...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

Anyone else having problems viewing threads right now? Several prominent people I follow I can't see beyond their initial tweet.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Twitter

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:10 pm Anyone else having problems viewing threads right now? Several prominent people I follow I can't see beyond their initial tweet.
Down detector says problems. I’m ok though :shrug:
CEDE7F59-8F47-4EDC-B595-67F37C9609E2.png
CEDE7F59-8F47-4EDC-B595-67F37C9609E2.png (112.25 KiB) Viewed 672 times
https://downdetector.com/status/twitter/
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

I’m seeing sporadic issues. No doubt the one remaining offshore engineer is on it.
Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

Yes, same issue.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Ditto.

But
3390735f796a1f4d15c3cb99e36e133725ae4c02d1360e8740f80dea72747b50.jpg
3390735f796a1f4d15c3cb99e36e133725ae4c02d1360e8740f80dea72747b50.jpg (31.95 KiB) Viewed 638 times
John Thomas8

Twitter

Post by John Thomas8 »

Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:10 pm Anyone else having problems viewing threads right now? Several prominent people I follow I can't see beyond their initial tweet.
That's what happens when you don't log in through an account. I don't and I get that all the time. So you are getting the "dont have an account" Experiance

There are work-arounds. If you are looking at a tweet thread delete the "?" in the address bar and everything after it. That's the "big Brother" tracking stuff and you don't need it to view a tweet thread

As for not seeing anything bar the first posy in an account I don/t know a work around for that.
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Twitter

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

BUT... But... but... it must work simply like BYOD bring your own bloody device, bring along your camping kit :!:

ps. how about the shower facility?
Dave from down under

Twitter

Post by Dave from down under »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:22 pm BUT... But... but... it must work simply like BYOD bring your own bloody device, bring along your camping kit :!:

ps. how about the shower facility?
Elon like the great unwashed smell

A mix of sweat, fear and no doz
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Twitter

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona

Twitter

Bwahahahaha
raison de arizona

Twitter

I’m not convinced that Musk knows what building inspectors actually do.
7E724E5F-FF69-4F69-9D30-E7490EC49613.png
7E724E5F-FF69-4F69-9D30-E7490EC49613.png (429.23 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:55 pm I’m not convinced that Musk knows what building inspectors actually do.
Based on recent reports, I'm not entirely convinced that Musk knows what any of his actual employees actually do.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”