Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Now that was really strange. I normally use an app on my iPad to read Twitter because it omits all the ads, etc., i.e., I only see the tweets of the folks I follow. Well, I was just on Twitter on my laptop - so the real Twitter site - and I only saw the tweets of the folks I follow. No ads, not promoted tweets, nothing else. I can't imagine that will persist, but it was refreshing to see.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

:think: Did Elon not only lose the advertisers but also the guys and girls who were tasked with pulling in and programming the advertising?
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Actually, if I call up Twitter on my iPad through Safari, I get the promoted tweets. My ad blocker has never stopped them before on my laptop - Windows using Firefox - but I guess it must be blocking them now. Strange.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I don't twit much but I don't think I've ever seen ads on the site. However, I run NoScript and UBlock Origin so there's not a whole lot that gets through unless it's embedded in a required script.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Who Said It: Elon Musk or Mr. Burns?
The Simpsons character and the guy ruining Twitter often sound a lot alike.

The Simpsons’s Mr. Burns and Elon Musk share an eerie number of similarities. Each is the richest person in his respective universe—Springfield for the former, planet Earth for the latter. They boast about their green energy initiatives of electric cars and nuclear power plants but use their power to advance right-wing politics and fuel their petty personal grievances. Test yourself below to see how well you can separate our cartoonish reality from the world of The Simpsons.
:snippity:
https://newrepublic.com/article/168572/ ... est-things
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Twitter

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596268804413476864
Liz Wheeler @Liz_Wheeler wrote: If Apple & Google boot Twitter from their app stores, @elonmusk should produce his own smartphone. Half the country would happily ditch the biased, snooping iPhone & Android. The man builds rockets to Mars, a silly little smartphone should be easy, right?
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: I certainly hope it does not come to that, but, yes, if there is no other choice, I will make an alternative phone
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:13 pm https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596268804413476864
Liz Wheeler @Liz_Wheeler wrote: If Apple & Google boot Twitter from their app stores, @elonmusk should produce his own smartphone. Half the country would happily ditch the biased, snooping iPhone & Android. The man builds rockets to Mars, a silly little smartphone should be easy, right?
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: I certainly hope it does not come to that, but, yes, if there is no other choice, I will make an alternative phone
Of course exclusively built in America by Americans US citizens :lol:
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Twitter verification: new gold and grey badges to debut, blue checks for everyone else
Gold and grey check marks are the new blue and (may be) coming next week.

11-25-227:45 AM
BY MICHAEL GROTHAUS

The topsy-turvey Twitter merry-go-round hasn’t taken a break over the Thanksgiving holidays. Today Elon Musk gave an update on his plans for the new verification system that is “tentatively” launching on Friday, December 2.

In a tweet, Musk said that there will now be three different tiers of verified status, each designated by a unique color. Those colors are:
  • Gold checks for verified companies
    Grey checks for verified government accounts
    Blue checks for individuals
Musk also said that all verified accounts “will be manually authenticated before check activates” and added, “Painful, but necessary.”

In a follow-up tweet, Musk said that individuals will be able to have a “tiny logo” showing they belong to an organization (presumably, such as a journalism outlet) if that organization verifies them.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90816719/tw ... ryone-else
GlimDropper

Twitter

Post by GlimDropper »

Danraft wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:19 am My gut is saying this guy should have a thread here— I might get to that, but love to hear some other opinions.
Christopher Bouzy (@cbouzy) appeared in my Twitter feed immediately after the midterms and the non-appearance of the Red Wave. Because he was consistent in predicting Democratic victories and was saying what many wanted to hear he accumulated many adoring super fans.

He reminds me of Michael Avenetti in the way he is playing his fans with posts calculated to keep them fired up.

Now, he is setting the stage to (IMO) fleece thousands saying he will set up a social media site to compete with Twitter.

I haven’t done any sleuthing on the inter webs, it’s just my spidey sense…
Your spidey sense is as keen as ever.

It seems as though Christopher Bouzy was hired by Amber Heard's legal team to investigate the "mass troll attacks" against Ms.Heard in light her losing a Defamation lawsuit against her ex husband (Johnny Depp).

Bouzy honed in on a loosely affiliated group of attorneys on YouTube referring to themselves as "Law Tube." He attacked several of lawtube's members in a particularly ham fisted and libelous manner and as could be predicted he wound up getting sued. "Nate the Lawyer" sued Christopher Bouzy for defamation, the case is still pending and Nate isn't the only one suing Bouzy.

I looked for Nate's videos on this topic but it looks like they've all be privated. Below is a video by two other members of LawTube with a complete reading of Nate's lawsuit against Bouzy.

Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Volkonski »

So, how much will Musk be charging for the gold and grey checks?

quote=RTH10260 post_id=154113 time=1669439694 user_id=66]
Twitter verification: new gold and grey badges to debut, blue checks for everyone else
Gold and grey check marks are the new blue and (may be) coming next week.

11-25-227:45 AM
BY MICHAEL GROTHAUS

The topsy-turvey Twitter merry-go-round hasn’t taken a break over the Thanksgiving holidays. Today Elon Musk gave an update on his plans for the new verification system that is “tentatively” launching on Friday, December 2.

In a tweet, Musk said that there will now be three different tiers of verified status, each designated by a unique color. Those colors are:
  • Gold checks for verified companies
    Grey checks for verified government accounts
    Blue checks for individuals
Musk also said that all verified accounts “will be manually authenticated before check activates” and added, “Painful, but necessary.”

In a follow-up tweet, Musk said that individuals will be able to have a “tiny logo” showing they belong to an organization (presumably, such as a journalism outlet) if that organization verifies them.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90816719/tw ... ryone-else
[/quote]
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:41 am So, how much will Musk be charging for the gold and grey checks?
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Solid Presidential material right there, that "Ye" person.

Get back to me when Alex Jones opens his wallet to the families of those dead children. I'll be waiting over here. :waiting:
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

"Alex Jones is a christian. " :doh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :cantlook:
tek

Twitter

Post by tek »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:08 pm "Alex Jones is a christian. " :doh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :cantlook:
In the current meaning of "christian," probably true :brickwallsmall:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Twitter

Post by bill_g »

Is this the same Kanye whose wife can bounce a champagne cork off her butt?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Twitter

Post by bill_g »

I have idea what to make of this picture.

Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

Elon trying to show off for the rightwingers

The gun is a toy and has no trigger.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Heard on Fox this morning that Musk said he is releasing everything regarding “Twitter’s censorship of Hunter Biden’s laptop” shortly.

Also that Republicans are planning on investigating every former intelligence official that signed the letter designating it Russian disinformation for election interference.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

I'm getting "Hunter Biden’s laptop" stickers for all my laptops for Christmas.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

He's trump's level of crazy.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:17 am He's trump's level of crazy.
He spent yesterday attacking Colonel Vindman
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Twitter

Post by Greatgrey »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:54 am Elon trying to show off for the rightwingers

The gun is a toy and has no trigger.
So I was up early when Elon tweeted that. Seemed odd… look at the cylinder on the revolver. Where do the bullets go?

Someone asked him if it was a Diamondback. And I went searching cuz I was really curious, where do the bullets go?

And what I found is it’s a 3D printed copy of a gun from a video game, ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’.

Now it’s possible that Melon may have had one actually made for him, but I think he’s just trolling. It’s no more real than the flintlock behind it.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/5553288 ... ndback-357

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... rnie-cruz/
High-profile Republican members of Congress gained tens of thousands of Twitter followers in the first few weeks of Elon Musk’s reign over the social media network, while their Democratic counterparts experienced a decline, according to an analysis by The Washington Post.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) all lost about 100,000 Twitter followers in the first three weeks of Musk’s ownership of Twitter, while Republican Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) and Jim Jordan (Ohio) gained more than 300,000 each.

It’s difficult to tell exactly why follower counts go up and down, and the counts are often affected by Twitter banning bot accounts en masse. Not everyone following a specific politician is a supporter.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

Along the same lines as the above post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... test-musk/
A growing number of Democratic officials are exploring open-source social network Mastodon as a potential alternative to Twitter as they protest Elon Musk’s takeover of the company. 

At least a dozen Democratic lawmakers and two congressional panels the party leads in the past month have joined Mastodon, which has emerged as a top destination for users fleeing Musk-led Twitter, according to a review by The Technology 202.

The trend highlights the mounting opposition from liberal leaders to Musk’s overhaul of the social network, which has included restoring the account of former president Donald Trump, firing scores of content moderators and vowing to bring back a flood of banned accounts. 

Several of the lawmakers, who verified the authenticity of their new accounts either publicly or through spokespeople, directly cited Musk as their reason for taking up Mastodon. Others said they did so to snatch up their user handles or test out the site, but were not actively using it. 

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”