Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

But I’m still baned. I guess bimboing is worse than insurrecting.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Oh, I thought you said pound sand.

Gotta get mah hearing checked. :biggrin:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:14 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:15 am There are no more hashtags. What does that mean?
:snippity:
I #mean, we don't #even have #hashtags on Fogbow, but #I could #never get rid of #them.
Edit: oc·to·thorp
/ˈäktəˌTHôrp/
noun
noun: octothorpe
another term for the pound sign (#).
In German speaking parts also known as "Gartenhag" - garden fence
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

https://www.techdirt.com/2022/12/07/he ... ns-laptop/
Moar at the link….
Hello! Someone has referred you to this post because you’ve said something quite wrong about Twitter and how it handled something to do with Hunter Biden’s laptop. If you’re new here, you may not know that I’ve written a similar post for people who are wrong about Section 230. If you’re being wrong about Twitter and the Hunter Biden laptop. there’s a decent chance that you’re also wrong about Section 230, so you might want to read that too! Also, these posts are using a format blatantly swiped from lawyer Ken “Popehat” White, who wrote one about the 1st Amendment. Honestly, you should probably read that one too, because there’s some overlap.

Now, to be clear, I’ve explained many times before, in other posts, why people who freaked out about how Twitter handled the Hunter Biden laptop story are getting confused, but it’s usually been a bit buried. I had already started a version of this post last week, since people keep bringing up Twitter and the laptop, but then on Friday, Elon (sorta) helped me out by giving a bunch of documents to reporter Matt Taibbi.

So, let’s review some basics before we respond to the various wrong statements people have been making. Since 2016, there have been concerns raised about how foreign nation states might seek to interfere with elections, often via the release of hacked or faked materials. It’s no secret that websites have been warned to be on the lookout for such content in the leadup to the election — not with demands to suppress it, but just to consider how to handle it.

Partly in response to that, social media companies put in place various policies on how they were going to handle such material. Facebook set up a policy to limit certain content from trending in its algorithm until it had been reviewed by fact-checkers. Twitter put in place a “hacked materials” policy, which forbade the sharing of leaked or hacked materials. There were — clearly! — some potential issues with that policy. In fact, in September of 2020 (a month before the NY Post story) we highlighted the problems of this very policy, including somewhat presciently noting the fear that it would be used to block the sharing of content in the public interest and could be used against journalistic organizations (indeed, that case study highlights how the policy was enforced to ban DDOSecrets for leaking police chat logs).
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Danraft wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:05 pm https://www.techdirt.com/2022/12/07/he ... ns-laptop/
Moar at the link….
Wow, that really covers it all!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

roadscholar

Twitter

Post by roadscholar »

neonzx wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:17 am
roadscholar wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:26 am I’m getting really sick of the anti-Apple horseshit. My wife wrote her PhD dissertation on a Mac SE; we’ve owned them ever since, and no, none have ever crashed. I run my entire business on an iMac. The Apple devices work seamlessly together.

We’re not a fucking cult. It’s not a fucking “religious war.” The machines have served us well. You can stick all that where the sun don’t shine.
Yep. Not a cult at all. 8-)
No. That implies we like Apple products from some tribal identity or something.

Horseshit.

We like them for solid reasons: Never crash. Never picked up a single virus in 40 years of ownership. Never had to fuck with conflict-catchers or DOS headaches.

And that crap about the cost… ooh yeah, what a fool I was to waste an extra fifteen cents a day when I could have saved it buying a Windows clone. What was I thinking?!!!

Don’t insult my intelligence by calling my market choice a cult, and I won’t point out how little you demonstrate by doing so.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

roadscholar wrote: Tue Sep 16, 2656 7:45 pm We like them for solid reasons: Never crash. Never picked up a single virus in 40 years of ownership. Never had to fuck with conflict-catchers or DOS headaches.
I used Appl ][ and ]|[ extensively during high school and Jr. College. I also used an early Mac to do a lot of my homework. I've owned iPads and iPods, and my husband currently has a Mac laptop.

Their machines are nice, but I've found I prefer the Windows and Android systems more for a couple of reasons. For one, if a machine has a problem, repairs for Apples equipment is harder to find, and if I need to replace it, it's a lot more expensive than switching to Android.

I also found that it was harder to get the software I wanted. There were a few times my husband (who was on Android at the time) and I wanted to use the same app so we could easily sync data on his phone and my iPad, but there weren't any apps that were available for both. My husband is having a similar problem with his Mac laptop. Not all of the stuff he uses on Windows is available on Mac, so he's having to find new, similar stuff and learn it rather than just installing the old familiar program.
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

Again????

FFS.
:hijacked:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Danraft wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:26 am Again????

FFS.
:hijacked:
Sorry, I didn't see what thread I was in. I won't reply further.
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

My account is still suspended. :mrgreen:
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Twitter

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You have a verified account, then. Verified suspended. :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:38 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:37 pm
noblepa wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:33 pm This is all fueled by Elon Musk's "bombshell" internal documents that, so far, have been a bunch of nothingburgers. His "proof" is about as convincing as Pillowforbrains' "Absolute Proof".
Yeah, but at least Pillowforbrains offered a promo code for UP TO 66% OFF!
That's it! Elon should immediately announce that with coupon code entry HuntersWang you can get a blue check mark for 66% off!

YOU'RE A GENIUS!

I stoled that!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:00 am
Well, that is the end of Laura Loomer. Half of her appeal, such as it was, was the fact that she was banned from Twitter.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

What color is her hair this week? Inquiring minds want to know.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:45 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:38 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:37 pm
Yeah, but at least Pillowforbrains offered a promo code for UP TO 66% OFF!
That's it! Elon should immediately announce that with coupon code entry HuntersWang you can get a blue check mark for 66% off!

YOU'RE A GENIUS!
I stoled that!
As in you recommended it to Elon? :)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Twitter

Post by bob »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image ImageImage
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Just did listen to the speaker: at issue is gender inequality in that more women were let go than men both accross the company and at job descriptions.
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Hotel Musk - promotional pics in the article, bookings thru Twitter Human Resoures :twisted:
Elon Musk accused of turning Twitter offices into bedrooms
San Francisco investigating Twitter after complaint says it converted rooms in its HQ into sleeping quarters

Dani Anguiano in Los Angeles
Thu 8 Dec 2022 07.48 GMT

Twitter is under investigation by city officials in San Francisco following a complaint that the company allegedly converted rooms in its headquarters to sleeping quarters, an inquiry that has drawn scorn from Elon Musk.

As of Monday, the office has “modest bedrooms featuring unmade mattresses, drab curtains and giant conference-room telepresence monitors” with four to eight beds a floor, employees told Forbes. The changes appear to be part of Musk’s plan for “hardcore Twitter” in which he’s demanded workers dedicate “long hours at high intensity” after he fired nearly half the company’s workforce.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... d-bedrooms
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:09 am Hotel Musk - promotional pics in the article, bookings thru Twitter Human Resoures :twisted:
Elon Musk accused of turning Twitter offices into bedrooms
San Francisco investigating Twitter after complaint says it converted rooms in its HQ into sleeping quarters

As of Monday, the office has “modest bedrooms featuring unmade mattresses, drab curtains and giant conference-room telepresence monitors” with four to eight beds a floor, employees told Forbes. The changes appear to be part of Musk’s plan for “hardcore Twitter” in which he’s demanded workers dedicate “long hours at high intensity” after he fired nearly half the company’s workforce.bedrooms
4-8 beds per floor (building floor I presume). That's not many considering the number of even remaining employees.

Is there a reservation system, including a check-in/check-out time so the next employee in the queue can take a nap?

Is housekeeping included? Fresh towels upon request. Wait, there are no showers?

I was going to ask about room(food) service, but we already know that was kicked to the curb.

Hotel Musk sounds like an amazing destination.
neeneko

Twitter

Post by neeneko »

neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:53 am 4-8 beds per floor (building floor I presume). That's not many considering the number of even remaining employees.
Maybe he is hoping to start up one of those workplace sex cultures that techbros dream about in young hip startups filled with nubile non-programmer women who will be impressed with all their crypto talk?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Twitter

Post by bill_g »

Sooner or later it will become a code violation since none of these are proper living quarters. Holing up for a storm is one thing. Long term habitation is another. Here's hoping the health inspectors and building code enforcement pay their offices a visit soon.
busterbunker

Twitter

Post by busterbunker »

The Twitter bedrooms are just a tiny part of the problem with that building
The tech HQ was never zoned for office space, and a shady deal saved the owners $25 million.
https://48hills.org/2022/12/the-twitter ... -building/
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

how apt:
48hills.org wrote:The building that Twitter occupies was once known as the Furniture Mart, a showroom for home furnishings.
:lol:

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”