X -Where Twitter goes to die.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

The Twitter code has a carve out to promote Elmo's posts. No, really.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Twitter

Post by chancery »

And what does "author _is_ democrat" do?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

So what? How to make it better when one does not know the internals available, the databases that could be consulted, the statistics used in the background?

So Elon just learnt of a way to publish code after the recent leak? Does he now think that he gets free labour from the community to patch Twitter code?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but if'n he doesn't get free labor from the (open source) community, then he might have to hire someone who knows what they're doing.

'Course, he can't hire anyone who knows what they're doing because Twitter is already hemorrhaging money.

I don't know why he would spend a nickel trying to fix Twitter.

He bought it so he could break it. So break it already. There won't be a viable replacement until it's six feet beneath the optic fiber.

Let's do this thing. :bored:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:42 am

Does he now think that he gets free labour from the community to patch Twitter code?
It works for cars (kind of).
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:16 am

He bought it so he could break it. So break it already. There won't be a viable replacement until it's six feet beneath the optic fiber.

I think he found himself stuck in the muck. Terrible business decision. Elmo is a brilliant idea man, but it does not make him great. So, this is what we are left with.

CLEAN UP on aisle 5.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

I agree 150%, but my problem is, how does this affect me personally? And it is affecting me, and I don't care for it, and I suspect it's going to be a problem until there's a viable replacement, and there isn't going to be a viable replacement until Twitter is dead. Completely, utterly, irrevocably dead.

So take it out behind the shed and shoot the poor thing. I hate to see it suffer like this anyway.

:violin: :crying:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
chancery
Verified:

Twitter

Post by chancery »

Has twitter turned off legacy blue checks? Lots of them seem to be still active.
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

chancery wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:56 am Has twitter turned off legacy blue checks? Lots of them seem to be still active.
Company accounts see https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 85#p183785

Maybe including employee accounts?
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:16 am Yeah, but if'n he doesn't get free labor from the (open source) community, then he might have to hire someone who knows what they're doing.

'Course, he can't hire anyone who knows what they're doing because Twitter is already hemorrhaging money.

No, I think he believes that in two years it really will be worth $250,000,000,000.

Bless his delusional little heart.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
chancery
Verified:

Twitter

Post by chancery »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:30 pm
chancery wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:56 am Has twitter turned off legacy blue checks? Lots of them seem to be still active.
Company accounts see https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 85#p183785

Maybe including employee accounts?

Maybe. However, https://mobile.twitter.com/astrokatie still has her blue check, and she is obviously an individual.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

First Twitter, the near-instant world news disseminator; now TikTok, which was beginning to take up Twitter’s slack in the news department.

Huh.
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Yeah, this blue check mark is going to work out so well...

p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Cruising Twitter this AM to see what the blue check status was, I was surprised to see tweet after tweet that turned out to be an attack on Bragg, or a justification of MTG's crap, and a lot of other right-wing shit.

Then I saw the post by Diamond and Silk (RIP) and it dawned on me to check the For You/Follow option. Yep. My choice had been mysteriously switched to For You.

For Me, huh? Diamond and Silk?

This just struck me as so obviously debased I had to laugh.

Elmo: what a guy.
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

In a fit of pique, Musk stripped The New York Times of its blue check mark.

raison de arizona

Twitter

Deja vu: Twitter locks out The Post over story on removal of 5K tweets

It was great while it lasted.

Twitter once again locked out The Post on Thursday in a stunning replay of the epic blunder the social media giant admittedly made over the revelation of Hunter Biden’s infamous laptop.

The company’s Kafkaesque move came after The Post tweeted out a story about Twitter’s deletion of more than 5,000 tweets about a planned “Trans Day of Vengeance” protest in front of the US Supreme Court on Saturday.

It prevented The Post from posting any tweets to its main account, which has 2.8 million followers.

The suppression of The Post came even as multiple other news outlets have reported on Twitter’s decision to scrub tweets and retweets that featured an image promoting Saturday’s event.

It also appeared to fly in the face of Twitter owner Elon Musk’s description of himself as a “free speech absolutist” who’s opposed to censorship on his website.
:snippity:
https://nypost.com/2023/03/30/twitter-l ... ed-tweets/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

And now On the web version the loading screen is a doge icon and the doge icon replaces the Twitter logo.

He's late on the April fools day jokes
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
sugar magnolia

Twitter

Post by sugar magnolia »

I wondered why there was a dog instead of a bird. Maybe the dog ate the bird?
raison de arizona

Twitter

Promises made, promises kept?
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

And, and, and... blast another Roadster into space, but ride in the Roadster YOURSELF!

And live stream it!

Would be EPIC!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Twitter

https://twitter.com/howardlindzon/statu ... 38496?s=20
Howard Lindzon @howardlindzon wrote: Twitter officially a 'pump and dump' home as Musk helps push Dogecoin 33 percent by replacing Bird with Doge logo on homepage

I have said since 2007 this is a market moving platform like no other...it's his best business model...Twitter as Citadel

Sketchy as always with Musk
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Twitter legacy blue ticks remain despite Elon Musk’s subscription threat
Removal of verification badges reportedly could take a long time as it may involve many manual elements

Josh Taylor
Mon 3 Apr 2023 01.44 BST

Twitter has so far not followed through on an announcement that it would remove blue ticks from legacy verified users, meaning those users continue to display them alongside paying subscribers.

Last month, Twitter’s billionaire owner, Elon Musk, announced that from 1 April, legacy verified users would have their blue ticks removed from the service unless they paid the US$8 a month subscription fee for Twitter Blue. For organisations, the fee is US$1,000 a month.

As April fool’s day came and passed, the blue ticks remained, despite much anticipation. As of Sunday, Musk appears to have only removed one blue tick: that for the account of the New York Times.

This appears to have been done in retaliation for the news outlet announcing it would not pay for the service, according to a reply from Musk.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ion-threat
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

TheGuardian Newsletter wrote:It’s not hard to see the progression of events here. Musk’s belief that blue checkmarks are a desirable status symbol in and of themselves was the justification for selling them through Twitter Blue, but subscriber numbers for the service have been low: about 300,000 users have the Blue verified checkmark.

And so the company tried to juice signups by forcing legacy verified users, of which there are about 400,000, to pay. But legacy users … didn’t. Because the value of a legacy checkmark was many things – a mark of importance, proof that you were who you said you were, a way of ignoring journalists on Twitter – but they were all a function of its limited availability.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:14 pm And, and, and... blast another Roadster into space, but ride in the Roadster YOURSELF!

And live stream it!

Would be EPIC!
I dunno, man, that's a little edgy and may require him to do an actual Twitter poll first.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”