X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

202-456-1414

:bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:
bob

Twitter

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

Elon proceeded today to make several direct attacks on the value of science and anyone who is educated.

He is acting like a 3rd world dictator attacking all for “corruption” as he gathers reins of control.

This man is actually dangerous.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

The dude who runs SpaceX is anti-science. :cantlook:

But of course.

Metaphysically absurd, man. :crazy:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

I’m considering making a Twitter thread on this… and only Twitter people may even be aware of it..

The “Woke Troll” image.
The Woke Troll images are line drawings of torsos that are disfigured and often look somewhat evil.
It is an obvious attempt to dehumanize an imaginary class of humanity.
All “classes” are perhaps contrived. In this case it is against anyone who threatens as established hierarchy which is in itself poorly defined. Elon has often employed himself, or promoted the use of these tropes.

Dehumanizing is what has historically been a precursor for acts of violence against a group. Examples”

Jews are devil worshippers without a country that a loyal only to themselves.
Immigrants are infections, or roaches.

Etc.

The thing is, in most systems there will be those who are self-serving or self-dealing and there is corruption. This often is associated with having or attaining societal power. Positions of authority like law enforcement, or even health inspectors and building inspectors may have examples of this happening.

No one wants to pay a bribe just to have a business or such. So, cracking down on corruption is needed.

I apologize. I am rambling. Yet, I feel this is important. Flesh it out with me.
What is Elon (and the other groups aligning with him) really up to?
Elon bought Twitter.
Elon wanted to buy Wikipedia (to control the narrative). He was told no. (Donated to Wiki)
His actions are troubling.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

940C2D34-CA18-4FBC-A49D-5D315BBB4EB3.jpeg
940C2D34-CA18-4FBC-A49D-5D315BBB4EB3.jpeg (151.92 KiB) Viewed 973 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Twitter

Twitter down: Thousands of global users struggle to login but Elon Musk says it ‘works for me’

Users around the world struggled to access Twitter on Wednesday—even as an error message urged “don’t fret… Let’s try again.”

As intermittent outages spread, the hashtag #TwitterDown began to trend globally. “User reports indicate Twitter is having problems since 7:13 pm EST,” according to outage detection site Downdetector, where many of the issues were reported.

Over 10,000 users had reported trouble with accessing the platform on Wednesday evening, according to Downdetector data.

Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but its new owner Elon Musk tweeted on the platform that it “works for me,” in response to a user query.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/28/business ... index.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Elon Mask keynote to the Network Admins Conference 2023 - "How to run a global computer network without admins" :twisted:
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:13 am Elon Mask keynote to the Network Admins Conference 2023 - "How to run a global computer network without admins" :twisted:
The “run” is missing an “i.”
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

:rimshot:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Twitter

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neeneko

Twitter

Post by neeneko »

Foggy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:09 pm The dude who runs SpaceX is anti-science. :cantlook:

But of course.

Metaphysically absurd, man. :crazy:
Sadly, does not surprise me at all. The space enthusiast crowd is surprisingly anti-science. The community has a rather shocking amount of bitterness towards science and the failure of scientists to produce the future they want, so it must be a conspiracy or incompetence or something.... this dovetails with their frequent belief that their sci-fi future is being withheld from them due to all the 'normies' and 'takers' or whichever flavor they follow, and if we just got rid of all the wrong kind of people we would be an interstellar civilization by now.
humblescribe
Verified:

Twitter

Post by humblescribe »

You mean like Hugo Drax in "Moonraker?" A combination of interstellar existence and eugenics?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona

Twitter

Word on the street is that after stopping payment on the Seattle office, Elmo has closed it and instructed employees there to work from home.
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

found this:
Facing eviction, Twitter closes Seattle office, reports say

By Renata Geraldo Seattle Times business reporter
Dec. 29, 2022 at 5:01 pm Updated Dec. 29, 2022 at 5:39 pm

After laying off 208 workers in Washington, Twitter is now facing eviction and will close its downtown Seattle office, according to reports Thursday by The New York Times and tech news publication Platformer.

Since 2014, the social media company’s Seattle office has been at Century Square tower downtown in a space that can accommodate 200 workers. According to The New York Times, janitorial and security services at Twitter’s Seattle office have now been cut, and in some cases the remaining employees have resorted to bringing their own toilet paper.

Landlord Unico Properties did not immediately respond to inquiries from The Seattle Times. Court records do not show any eviction lawsuits pending against Twitter.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/f ... ports-say/
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

What’s Gone at Twitter? A Data Center, Janitors, Some Toilet Paper.
Elon Musk has reduced the company to a bare-bones operation, and employees are under a “zero-based budgeting” mandate to justify any spending.

By Kate Conger, Ryan Mac and Mike Isaac
Dec. 29, 2022 Updated 8:17 p.m. ET

Elon Musk’s orders were clear: Close the data center.

Early on Christmas Eve, members of the billionaire’s staff flew to Sacramento — the site of one of Twitter’s three main computing storage facilities — to disconnect servers that had kept the social network running smoothly. Some employees were worried that losing those servers could cause problems, but saving money was the priority, according to two people who were familiar with the move but not authorized to talk about it.

The data center shutdown was one of many drastic steps Mr. Musk has undertaken to stabilize Twitter’s finances. Over the past few weeks, Twitter had stopped paying millions of dollars in rent and services, and Mr. Musk had told his subordinates to renegotiate those agreements or simply end them. The company has stopped paying rent at its Seattle office, leading it to face eviction, two people familiar with the matter said. Janitorial and security services have been cut, and in some cases employees have resorted to bringing their own toilet paper to the office.

Mr. Musk bought the social network for $44 billion in late October, saddling it with debt that will require him to pay about $1 billion in interest annually. Speaking on a live forum on Twitter last week, Mr. Musk compared the company to a “plane that is headed towards the ground at high speed with the engines on fire and the controls don’t work.” Twitter was on track to have a “negative cash flow situation” of about $3 billion in 2023, he said, citing a depressed advertising environment and increased costs, like the debt payments.

“That’s why I spent the last five weeks cutting costs like crazy,” he said.

Those cuts may be yielding consequences. On Wednesday, users around the world reported service interruptions with Twitter. Some were logged out, while others encountered error messages while visiting the website. Twitter has not explained what caused the temporary outage. Three people familiar with the company’s infrastructure said that if the Sacramento facility had still been operating, it could have helped alleviate the problem by providing backup computing capacity when other data centers failed.

Twitter, which has eliminated its communications department, and Mr. Musk did not respond to a request for comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/29/tech ... -musk.html
Gift link https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/29/tech ... =share-url
Foggy
Dick Tater

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Haha, he spent $44 billion on a company that's going to lose $3 billion a year.

But if it was shaky and in deep financial trouble, if it was a plane that is headed towards the ground at high speed with the engines on fire and the controls don’t work, why did he pay all that money for it? :think:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

There’s a term “elite capture” which refers, loosely, to the fact the rich and powerful tend to get greater resources (and those not meant for them like humanitarian aid, etc).
The fact that one of the worlds richest and most powerful person grabbed hold of the reins of a site whose main feature was that it democratized the power of voice and leveled social caste is disturbing.

Pissed off that non-elite had influence he gleefully yanks the microphone to himself and attacks the less powerful under the guise of “fighting corruption” (a trick used by many dictators to silence whoever may threaten their absolute power)

It’s about power, not profit.
tek

Twitter

Post by tek »

elon_genius.jpg
elon_genius.jpg (103.1 KiB) Viewed 606 times
Foggy
Dick Tater

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

When I'm on a plane that is headed towards the ground at high speed with the engines on fire and the controls don’t work, my first thought is cutting costs, too. Let's not spend money on maintenance.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

When the plane is in free fall it's difficult to get the engineers out to fix those burning engines. Even when you were to provide golden parachutes.
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:07 am When I'm on a plane that is headed towards the ground at high speed with the engines on fire and the controls don’t work, my first thought is cutting costs, too. Let's not spend money on maintenance.
Not me. I keep chanting, "I'm a genius!" and lol'ing at things that aren't funny and getting rid of the pilot and otherwise proving my genius status. It's almost like I'm a stable genius.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Twitter

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Musk specifically did not mention the pilot in his aircraft metaphor. The pilot flew a stable flying aircraft into the ground.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and that'll happen when you put an untrained and unknowledgeable pilot in the seat, just because he bought the airplane.

What he said rings true. It's like a slow-motion airplane crash, and I'm sitting in the back rows, with my knees to my chest and feverishly grasping the floatation cushion, and screaming "Cut costs! Fer gawd's sake, cut some major costs up there!"

:shock:

So at least we're on the same page. :batting:

Maybe turn off the engines, I think they use a lot of fuel, which costs money. :think:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”