X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

Before I got the boot I’d curated my feed pretty tightly. I followed historians, lawyers, writers, some reporters, citizen journos like Greg Olear and Lincoln’s Bible, and my friends and fam. I loved finding interesting things, like @DailyNudiBranchs, Tank Schottle (Special Olympic athlete) and of course Buitengebieden. The longer I was on twitter the less I engaged with assholes and the more I explored *good* twitter.

I want to engage with Seth Cotlar and Teri Kanefield and their elk again.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

On that, they are cheering what they want him to do and reading their own interpretation into it. But here's what to remember...

https://twitter.com/CBoTheEggman/status ... 9039649801
C-Bo the Eggman@CBoTheEggman
·
35m
Replying to
@Jim_Jordan
Elon Musk is not a proponent of free speech. Elon Musk is a proponent of Elon Musk.

https://t.co/1zHDnFahQe
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:18 pm On that, they are cheering what they want him to do and reading their own interpretation into it. But here's what to remember...

https://twitter.com/CBoTheEggman/status ... 9039649801
C-Bo the Eggman@CBoTheEggman
·
35m
Replying to
@Jim_Jordan
Elon Musk is not a proponent of free speech. Elon Musk is a proponent of Elon Musk.

https://t.co/1zHDnFahQe
You're not wrong, but...

Now who the heck is Seth Dillon, one might ask. Well, Seth Dillon is the CEO of... The Babylon Bee, which (finally) got suspended from Twitter for virulently anti-trans posts.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Twitter says it will NOT reinstate Trump despite Elon Musk vowing 'significant' change to woke platform after taking a board seat with 9% stake as the largest shareholder
  • Conservatives are calling for Donald Trump's reinstatement on Twitter
  • The move comes after Tesla CEO Elon Musk became the social media platform's largest shareholder and a member of its board of directors
  • Musk currently holds a 9.2 percent stake in the company and has secured a seat on the board until Twitter's 2024 annual shareholders meeting
  • Musk, who has been highly critical of Twitter and its policies, said he is excited to 'make significant improvements to Twitter in coming months!'
  • While Musk has not spoken about any rule changes he might push, Republicans speculate he will try to make the platform 'adhere to free speech principles'
  • Twitter said it has 'no plans to reverse any policy decisions' and is 'committed to impartiality in the development and enforcement of its policies and rules'
:snippity:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... media.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:46 am Mark my words, Musk is going to push Twitter to put tfg back on. And that's a Bad Thing.

Sorry about ya'lls accounts though.
That would be a BAD THING for the investors in the Truth :lol:
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

And… he’s out.
tek

Post by tek »

Well, isn't THAT curious... :think:

last week he was all about how he was going to shake up the board.

Wonder if he got legal advice to the tune of "ixnay on the background-checkay"
raison de arizona

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm pumping my dump.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share.

Elon Musk has launched a takeover bid for Twitter, offering to buy it for $54.20 a share, just weeks after he became the social media company’s largest shareholder.

Mr. Musk said this was a “best and final offer,” representing a 54 percent premium over the day before he began investing in the company in late January, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing. It would value the company at about $43 billion.

In the filing, Mr. Musk said “I don’t have confidence in management” and that he couldn’t make the changes he wanted in the public market.

If the offer is not accepted, Mr. Musk said, he would “need to reconsider my position as a shareholder,” according to a letter sent to Bret Taylor, Twitter’s chair, on April 13 and enclosed in the filing. “Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it.”

Twitter shares were 11 percent higher in premarket trading. On Wednesday, the closing price was $45.85. Morgan Stanley is Mr. Musk’s financial adviser for the bid, according to the filing.

On April 4, a regulatory filing revealed that Mr. Musk, the billionaire chief executive of Tesla and SpaceX and the world’s richest man, had bought a 9.2 percent stake in Twitter. The next day, Twitter announced Mr. Musk would join its board but by the end of the week he rejected the offer.

“I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy,” Mr. Musk said in the letter to Mr. Taylor sent on April 13.

“However, since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form,” he wrote. “Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company.”

Twitter’s share price has climbed 16 percent since April 1 and Mr. Musk’s investment became public.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/04/14 ... sk-twitter
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:think: that former guy, the former NYC resident, claiming to be a billionaire with a lost Twitter account, how come he did not have this idea :?:
tek

Post by tek »

Is his dream to turn Twitter into the next MySpace?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

tek wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:11 am Is his dream to turn Twitter into the next MySpace?
If he buys it, I’m out. Not that anyone cares.
raison de arizona

Elon Musk is a spoiled little rich kid that used to walk around NYC with apartheid diamonds in his pockets. Literally. Is this not basically how he got Tesla, throw his money at it, push out the people who built it, and take over? I hate these American oligarchs.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:35 am
tek wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:11 am Is his dream to turn Twitter into the next MySpace?
If he buys it, I’m out. Not that anyone cares.
Ditto.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Orly siting.
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious wrote: Elon Musk doesn't have the cash liquidity to buy Twitter, he basically admits it in his filing. He also didn't secure the financing to acquire before making his offer. This pump and dump scheme is another reason the SEC needs to take firm action.
Orly maybe right, but I disagree. I think Musk could put together the financing if he really wants to. He'd have to sell some Tesla, etc., but he could do it. IMO.
Edit: I reread Orly's post closer, I'm disagreeing with myself. There is nothing I disagree with there other than it is possible it is not a pump and dump scheme.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Lindsey Simmons
@LynzforCongress
Never trust anyone eager to pay $43 billion to avoid a background check.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If he wants to own a social media company where he and his buds can say what they want, I hear there's a new one called Pravda Truth that could use some spiffing up. I bet they won't ask for a background check.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Elon Musk has extremely thin skin and a long history of attempting to silence any critics that speak out against him by any means possible. I hear the conservative cries of, "Free speech! Free speech!" but there is no way anyone will get that with Musk in charge of a communications platform.

How petty and vindictive one might ask? Why _this_ petty and vindictive:
Elon Musk's Tesla Asked Law Firm to Fire Associate Hired From SEC
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Here's why I still refuse to, listen to NPR. Fuck them. :fuckyou:

Got in the car today, ol' Wifehorn had been driving, she left the radio on, I caught about 45 seconds of Here and Now. The guy mentioned Musk's offer for Twitter. It said the value of the offer was ~ $45 million. It said he became the largest shareholder last week. And the big ending of the story - yeah, I just about memorized it - was "Musk has been sharply critical of Twitter for failing on free speech issues."

Do you remember the Arab Spring, when the world learned what was happening on Twitter? How about the protests in Iran? Does NPR have the slightest fucking idea how incredible Twitter has been for the cause of free speech WORLD FUCKING WIDE?

It would take three seconds to add "but Musk's claims are not based in reality". Or they could take a whole 5 seconds and say, "but he's probably not able to complete any deal." But OMG, what if he sues NPR?

Maybe Kai Ryssdal will point out the horseshit. But srsly, fuck NPR.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
raison de arizona

tek

Post by tek »

The pump-and-dump is working nicely.
raison de arizona

:yankyank: this coming from the guy that tries to thumb his nose at the SEC every chance he gets.
Twitter Adopts Limited Duration Shareholder Rights Plan, Enabling All Shareholders to Realize Full Value of Company
NEWS PROVIDED BY

Twitter, Inc.
Apr 15, 2022, 12:10 ET

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

SAN FRANCISCO, April 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) today announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously adopted a limited duration shareholder rights plan (the "Rights Plan"). The Board adopted the Rights Plan following an unsolicited, non-binding proposal to acquire Twitter.

The Rights Plan is intended to enable all shareholders to realize the full value of their investment in Twitter. The Rights Plan will reduce the likelihood that any entity, person or group gains control of Twitter through open market accumulation without paying all shareholders an appropriate control premium or without providing the Board sufficient time to make informed judgments and take actions that are in the best interests of shareholders.

The Rights Plan does not prevent the Board from engaging with parties or accepting an acquisition proposal if the Board believes that it is in the best interests of Twitter and its shareholders.

The Rights Plan is similar to other plans adopted by publicly held companies in comparable circumstances. Under the Rights Plan, the rights will become exercisable if an entity, person or group acquires beneficial ownership of 15% or more of Twitter's outstanding common stock in a transaction not approved by the Board. In the event that the rights become exercisable due to the triggering ownership threshold being crossed, each right will entitle its holder (other than the person, entity or group triggering the Rights Plan, whose rights will become void and will not be exercisable) to purchase, at the then-current exercise price, additional shares of common stock having a then-current market value of twice the exercise price of the right.

The Rights Plan will expire on April 14, 2023.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 26627.html

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”