X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Jim

Twitter

Post by Jim »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:32 pm White E_____ Female (?)

English? No.
European? I dunno. Her name is Yaccarino.
Educated? Oh man, educated women are the worst. :liar:

I'm missing something here. :confuzzled:
White Evangelical Female
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

I read down the comments to find out. Sorry guys, its World Economic Forum, nothing to do with the Wimmins.

Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’ve seen a lot of ink describing her as hard core MAGA, so what’s his beef? That, like most women, she won’t find Woods attractive?

If he hadn’t found acting he’d probably have been an incel.
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:59 pm I’ve seen a lot of ink describing her as hard core MAGA, so what’s his beef? That, like most women, she won’t find Woods attractive?

If he hadn’t found acting he’d probably have been an incel.
She's connected to the World Economic Forum. That is what his beef is, nothing to do with her gender.

And Woods was considered a bit of a Sex Symbol in his prime. He was not an unattractive man, so insulting him like that reflects more on you than him.

And Ya, I might as well admit I am an "Incel" and I am saying this. *sigh*
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Woods is ugly on the inside.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

A measured and balanced reaction.

Tru.jpg
Tru.jpg (48.6 KiB) Viewed 817 times
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Under Yaccarino's watch, NBCU has continued its close ties with Twitter. The two sides recently expanded their partnership for the 2024 Olympic Games, which will see Twitter host video from the event. Yaccarino tweeted at Musk around the time news emerged of the companies' renewed partnership. "“Hey, @elonmusk, here’s an idea for our new partnership: Periscope for Paris 2024. Let’s just go hi-res first," Yaccarino wrote.

in https://www.engadget.com/elon-musk-name ... 37363.html
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1657050349608501249
Elon Musk @elonmusk
I am excited to welcome Linda Yaccarino as the new CEO of Twitter!

@LindaYacc
will focus primarily on business operations, while I focus on product design & new technology.

Looking forward to working with Linda to transform this platform into X, the everything app. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1656748197308674048
This Tweet is from an account you blocked.
5:49 PM · May 12, 2023
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

BBC has this short bio in their article
Elon Musk names Linda Yaccarino new Twitter CEO

Published 1 minute ago

Elon Musk has named a new chief executive of Twitter, just over six months after his controversial takeover of the social media company.

The billionaire said Linda Yaccarino, the former head of advertising at NBCUniversal, would oversee business operations at the site, which has been struggling to make money.

He said she would start in six weeks.

Mr Musk will remain involved as executive chairman and chief technology officer.

"Looking forward to working with Linda to transform this platform into X, the everything app," he wrote on Twitter, confirming the decision a day after he had stoked speculation by writing that he had found a new boss without revealing their identity.

Mr Musk - who bought the social media platform last year for $44bn - had been under pressure to find someone else to lead the company and refocus his attention on his other businesses, which include electric carmaker Tesla and rocket firm SpaceX.

With less than 9% of Fortune 500 tech companies headed by women, Ms Yaccarino will become that rare example of a woman at the top of a major tech company, after rising steadily through the ranks of some of America's biggest media companies.

A graduate of Penn State who now lives outside of New York City on Long Island, she worked at Turner Entertainment for 15 years before joining NBCUniversal,where she oversaw roughly 2,000 people, and was involved with the launch of its streaming service.

Her work has been marked by close collaborations with big brands, convincing them to advertise alongside television shows - even adult ones such as Sex and the City.

A 2005 profile in an industry publication portrayed her as a busy, working married mother-of-two children, then aged 13 and 9.

"I have absolutely no hobbies," she said at the time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65574826
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

I note that this new CEO seems to be largely unknown to a wider audience. The BBC did not have any archive photos of their own.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
Suranis, you may not know this but I love you. I don’t think you’re unattractive, I think you’re quite brilliant, and I would never compare you to someone I’ve viscerally hated since the first time I saw him.

I have a thing about Woods, it’s true, I can’t help myself. His evil heart is visible to me. If he’s in a movie that movie is ruined for me.

You jumped on me in the Clarence Thomas thread too. What’s up? Are you ok?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

She was a soap-seller, an AdWoman. She sells sea shells by the sea shore. Great.
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:32 pm White E_____ Female (?)

English? No.
European? I dunno. Her name is Yaccarino.
Educated? Oh man, educated women are the worst. :liar:

I'm missing something here. :confuzzled:
World economic forum
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RVInit

Twitter

Post by RVInit »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:18 pm Woods is ugly on the inside.
The only real place it counts.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and I suspect the World Economic Forum is considered by the right-wing hardcore to be a "globalist" organization. They need to rename it the Trump World Economic Forum, if they want to make it great again.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:34 pm I note that this new CEO seems to be largely unknown to a wider audience. The BBC did not have any archive photos of their own.
I just checked - she didn't even have an own Wikipedia entry until a few hours ago :lol:

(https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Yaccarino)
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Climate crisis deniers target scientists for vicious abuse on Musk’s Twitter
Abusive, often violent tweets denying the climate emergency have become a barrage since Elon Musk acquired the platform, say UK experts

Anna Fazackerley
Sun 14 May 2023 07.00 BST

Some of the UK’s top scientists are struggling to deal with what they describe as a huge rise in abuse from climate crisis deniers on Twitter since the social media platform was taken over by Elon Musk last year.

Since then, key figures who ensured “trusted” content was prioritised have been sacked, according to one scientist, and Twitter’s sustainability arm has vanished. At the same time several users with millions of followers who propagate false statements about the climate emergency, including Donald Trump and rightwing culture warrior Jordan Peterson, have had their accounts reinstated.

Climate scientists say the change has been stark, and they are fighting to make themselves heard over a “barrage” of often hostile comments.

“There’s been a massive change,” said Mark Maslin, professor of earth system science at University College London and the author of popular books including How to Save Our Planet. “I get so much abuse and rude comments now. It’s happening to all of us, but I challenge the climate deniers so I’ve been really targeted.”

Maslin says he used to have regular meetings with Sean Boyle, Twitter’s former head of sustainability, who was laid off in Musk’s mass cull of staff shortly after he took over in Aprll 2022. Maslin said Boyle discussed the platform’s work to develop ways of ensuring that trusted information was pushed to the top.

“They were using climate change as a good test bed, because it was fairly clear who the good and bad actors were,” Maslin said. “But he was sacked and Twitter became the wild west.”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... sk-twitter
bob

Twitter

Post by bob »

AP: San Francisco officials are investigating if Elon Musk’s ‘Twitter Hotel’ plan broke laws:
San Francisco officials are investigating Twitter after six former employees allege that owner Elon Musk’s leadership team broke laws by turning the company’s headquarters into a “Twitter Hotel” for workers who were pushed to stay up late to transform the social media platform.

The San Francisco Department of Building Inspection said Friday that it has opened a new complaint and will be conducting an investigation into the new allegations.

The ex-workers also allege that Musk’s team ordered numerous changes to the company’s headquarters in a 1930s Art Deco building in downtown San Francisco that violated building codes. Those changes included disabling lights and adding locks that wouldn’t open during an emergency, according to the lawsuit.

One of the plaintiffs is Tracy Hawkins, Twitter’s former vice president of real estate and workplace, who was responsible for managing the company’s physical offices and leases. The lawsuit says Hawkins wasn’t initially opposed to Musk’s takeover but “was forced to resign when Elon Musk and his transition team insisted that she violate her professional ethics by causing Twitter to intentionally breach its leases and other contracts.” The lawsuit claims Musk refused to pay rent on the building.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Twitter

bob wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:24 pm
One of the plaintiffs is Tracy Hawkins, Twitter’s former vice president of real estate and workplace, who was responsible for managing the company’s physical offices and leases. The lawsuit says Hawkins wasn’t initially opposed to Musk’s takeover but “was forced to resign when Elon Musk and his transition team insisted that she violate her professional ethics by causing Twitter to intentionally breach its leases and other contracts.” The lawsuit claims Musk refused to pay rent on the building.
Seems like it would be pretty hard to both have professional ethics and to work for Musk at Twitter. He's really screwed those employees over.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Twitter

How Twitter became a haven for climate misinformation
"The intention is to create a perception that denial is far more widespread than it actually is," Michael Mann tells us.

On World Meteorological Day in March, the UN Climate Change Twitter account posted an anodyne tweet reminding people that “every bit of additional global warming worsens climate impacts.” But thanks to Elon Musk’s new paid blue checkmark system, the most prominent replies to it are flooded with nonsense like “these commies are doubling down” and calls to “stop globalist fake alarmism.”

This is just one way in which Twitter is rapidly becoming a hellscape for climate scientists who not long ago relied on the platform to spread the word about their work. The degradation of the platform isn’t just anecdotal. A study released in March by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue found that “fringe climate denialist websites have gained a foothold in online conversation with thousands of daily mentions on Twitter by highly followed climate-denying actors, pundits and outlets.” Additional research from climate expert Ketan Joshi demonstrated how Musk’s takeover coincided with prominent climate deniers gaining Twitter followers, while climate experts lost them.

“A specific change to the algorithm to boost tweets ‘outside’ of one’s political sphere has resulted in far, far more eyeballs on right-wing content,” Joshi writes.

Michael Mann, a climate scientist and distinguished professor of environmental science at the University of Pennsylvania, has been a loud, provocative voice trying to draw attention to what Twitter is becoming.

“Musk, Putin and Saudis intentionally destroyed Twitter. It was the biggest catch-and-kill operation in world history,” he tweeted last month, alluding to Saudi Arabia’s leading role in funding Musk’s Twitter takeover and help he also received from a financier connected to a Russian tycoon.
:snippity:
https://www.publicnotice.co/p/twitter-c ... chael-mann
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Twitter Finally Rolling Out Encrypted Direct Messages — Starting with Verified Users

May 11, 2023
Ravie Lakshmanan

Twitter is officially beginning to roll out support for encrypted direct messages (DMs) on the platform, more than five months after its chief executive Elon Musk confirmed plans for the feature in November 2022.

The "Phase 1" of the initiative will appear as separate conversations alongside existing direct messages on users' inboxes. Encrypted chats carry a lock icon badge to visually differentiate them.

That said, the opt-in feature is currently limited to verified users or affiliates to a verified organization. It's also essential both the sender and recipient are on the latest versions of the Twitter apps across Android, iOS, and desktop web.

Another criteria to send and receive encrypted messages is that the recipient must follow the sender, has sent a message to the sender in the past, or has accepted a direct message request from the sender at some point.

While Twitter did not disclose the exact method it uses to secure the conversations, the company said it employs a "combination of strong cryptographic schemes" to encrypt users' messages, links, and reactions.

It further emphasized that the encrypted chat contents remain encrypted while stored on its infrastructure and only decrypted at the receiver's end. The implementation is expected to be open sourced later this year.

That said, the work-in-progress nature of the project also means that it does not support encrypted group conversations or allow exchanging media and other file attachments. Some other notable restrictions are as follows -
  • Users can only register a maximum of up to 10 devices to send and receive encrypted messages.
    New devices (where the Twitter app is re-installed) cannot partake in existing encrypted conversations
    Logging out from Twitter will calls all messages including encrypted DMs to be deleted from the current device
It also said the current architecture does not "offer protections against man-in-the-middle attacks" and that it does not guarantee forward secrecy, a crucial security measure that ensures that a compromise of a single session key will not impact data shared in other sessions.

"If the private key of a registered device was compromised, an attacker would be able to decrypt all of the encrypted messages that were sent and received by that device," Twitter said, adding it doesn't plan to remediate the limitation keeping larger user experience in mind.

https://thehackernews.com/2023/05/twitt ... ypted.html
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

"Starting with Verified Users"

aka pay for your subscription ...
RVInit

Twitter

Post by RVInit »

Maybe Musk should spend more time and effort getting the basic functionality working again first. He's desperate to get users to pay because advertisers don't want to be associated with what has become a cesspool. The whole reason Jack finally cleaned out the bad applies on the platform was so advertisers would be more comfortable with buying ad space.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

Twitter

paywalled
Inside Twitter's failed Space launch
How a decimated team and shrinking server capacity rained on Ron DeSantis' parade

At around 5PM PT on Wednesday, Elon Musk and David Sacks joined a call with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ campaign manager, Generra Peck. Their task: to explain what the hell had just happened.

Their high-profile event on Twitter Spaces, where DeSantis had just announced his run for president, had been plagued by technical glitches. The first audio livestream cut out before DeSantis could get his news out. The second one fared little better, drawing roughly 700,000 listeners at its peak. For context, Fox News claimed it drew 7.7 million viewers for Trump’s Tulsa rally in 2020.

Musk attempted to put a positive spin on the day’s events. He gave Peck “behind the scenes details from Twitter as they handled the nearly 1 million people trying to get into the Spaces room,” Peck tweeted.

The rest of her tweet fell short on details, though. So, for those who didn’t get a call from Musk yesterday, here’s what sources told Platformer about what was happening behind the scenes.

Perhaps the most important thing to know about Spaces’ technical problems: over the past several months Musk cut the Spaces team, which once numbered as many as 100 employees, down to roughly three people.

For months now, the Spaces team has been operating without most of the institutional knowledge it accumulated since Twitter added live audio conversations in 2021 to compete with then-hot Clubhouse.

“Practically no one remaining knows the current architecture in depth,” one person lamented on the pseudonymous employee forum Blind.
:snippity:
https://www.platformer.news/p/inside-tw ... =123736214

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”