Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:16 pm There are You Tube Channels devoted to punking these scammers, always from India, where the score is measured by how long you can keep them on the line.
While living with me briefly as an adult in late 2016, my son got one of the ones who were trying to sell him immediate tech support and anti-virus "repair" on his PC. Except we were both techies and he knew scam, so he kept the guy on the phone by being deliberately obtuse about giving over his 'card' number'. He'd read him his library card number, his gym membership card number. By the end, I could hear the guy on the other screaming loudly "SIR, VISA OR MASTERCARD, IT MUST BE VISA OR MASTERCARD!" thinking my son was developmentally delayed and he was suffering but boy howdy he would hit that damn jackpot if only he kept pulling the slot machine's arm.

Son-Prime and I still laugh about that one from time to time. Every once and awhile, when I help him out financially -- not so often now, since we got him over the heavy lift, and he's too proud to accept help on the small things -- one of us will find a way to slip "VISA OR MASTERCARD!" into the conversation.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:28 pm
p0rtia wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:11 pmDOJ moves on TFG with no basis in law.
How so? I must have missed something...
Typo on my part. Yesterday was stressful. :bag: I have corrected it, but meant to refer to the cases wherein right-wing judges are giving unsupported rulings, eg. Judge Canon in the Mar-a-Lago case, and the overrule of the Student Loan Debt Relief case. It was a bad sentence!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:19 am Typo on my part. Yesterday was stressful. :bag: I have corrected it, but meant to refer to the cases wherein right-wing judges are giving unsupported rulings, eg. Judge Canon in the Mar-a-Lago case, and the overrule of the Student Loan Debt Relief case. It was a bad sentence!
No worries - i,was just a bit,confuzzled :)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

I am enthuse.

Trump is back on Twitter, and all is right with the world again he's going to go down along with the rest of it in a couple weeks.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

Everything Trump Touches Dies.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:01 am
Gregg wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:16 pm There are You Tube Channels devoted to punking these scammers, always from India, where the score is measured by how long you can keep them on the line.
While living with me briefly as an adult in late 2016, my son got one of the ones who were trying to sell him immediate tech support and anti-virus "repair" on his PC. Except we were both techies and he knew scam, so he kept the guy on the phone by being deliberately obtuse about giving over his 'card' number'. He'd read him his library card number, his gym membership card number. By the end, I could hear the guy on the other screaming loudly "SIR, VISA OR MASTERCARD, IT MUST BE VISA OR MASTERCARD!" thinking my son was developmentally delayed and he was suffering but boy howdy he would hit that damn jackpot if only he kept pulling the slot machine's arm.

Son-Prime and I still laugh about that one from time to time. Every once and awhile, when I help him out financially -- not so often now, since we got him over the heavy lift, and he's too proud to accept help on the small things -- one of us will find a way to slip "VISA OR MASTERCARD!" into the conversation.
I enjoy that conversation a scammer had with his "client" ...

he had reached the police chief of some city :lol:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Twitter

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bravo, Son-Prime!!! Well-played! :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

We've been talking about the troubles Twitter is facing by eliminating so many employees - the lack of maintenance of critical systems, the depth of core knowledge eliminated, etc. But it also crossed my mind this morning that Musk is probably correct in anticipating sabotage at Twitter. He has a lot of pissed off employees who have no loyalty to him. But, besides that, he has a lot of ex-employees who are excellent coders and know all the vulnerabilities of Twitter and may know ways, from outside of Twitter, of sabotaging the systems.

Interesting times.
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Where's Anonymous these days?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/c ... 235437572/
CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk’s turbulent and potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.

“In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution, CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to monitor the platform,” Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent, said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the “CBS Evening News” Friday.

A statement with nearly identical wording was shared Friday by the Twitter account of KPIX, the CBS-owned station in San Francisco.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

So it's been ~24 hours and no tweets from TFG.

I think Elon was just baiting him because tfg had already said he would not return to twitter.

Elon is a child.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

OMG, really? He reactivated Trump’s account, and Trump refuses to tweet?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It's too much. I can't even. Or even odd. :crazy: :bounce: :drool:
Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

Its possible he does not want to because he does not want Musk to have power over whether he can talk or not. But he is an attention addict. He wont be able to stay away from that attention for long.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

I suspect you're right, especially when he sees that he has meelyons of people following his account, even with no tweets.
John Thomas8

Twitter

Post by John Thomas8 »

Elon invited his hero and the hero isn't showing up?

That's priceless.

Two rotten morons in a pod.
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

He forgot his password? And cannot get a new password emailed cause the last he registered was .GOV :?: :rotflmao:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

The actual guy who pulled the trigger on the osg was fired in the first round. But he also inserted code that made it impossible for him to be reinstated, even for magic Elon

They’ll never find it.

/ impossible dream
somerset

Twitter

Post by somerset »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:56 pm https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/c ... 235437572/
CBS News is halting its activity on Twitter over Elon Musk’s turbulent and potentially devastating moves following his takeover of the company.

“In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution, CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to monitor the platform,” Jonathan Vigliotti, CBS News national correspondent, said in a report about the latest chaos at the company on the “CBS Evening News” Friday.

A statement with nearly identical wording was shared Friday by the Twitter account of KPIX, the CBS-owned station in San Francisco.
I hope this continues. If news outlets stop using Twitter, much of it's value disappears.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Flatpoint High »

b7n0b3hsk21a1.jpg
b7n0b3hsk21a1.jpg (61.96 KiB) Viewed 696 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

A bridge too far.
EADA3B02-D409-4083-A902-19685A2B1CAB.png
EADA3B02-D409-4083-A902-19685A2B1CAB.png (150.84 KiB) Viewed 661 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Twitter

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:10 am A bridge too far.
EADA3B02-D409-4083-A902-19685A2B1CAB.png
As he.......uses his dead child...............
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Twitter fails to delete 99% of racist tweets aimed at footballers in run-up to World Cup
Reported posts aimed at 43 players remain live, according to anti-hate speech campaigners, fuelling concerns over possible abuse during World Cup

Shanti Das
Sun 20 Nov 2022 08.00 GMT

Tweets hurling racist abuse at footballers, including the N-word, monkey emojis and calls for them to be deported, are not being removed by Twitter.

New research shows the platform failed to act on 99 out of 100 racist tweets reported to it in the week before the World Cup.

Only one was removed after being flagged on Wednesday, a tweet that repeated a racial slur 16 times. All the others remained live this weekend.

The abuse was aimed at 43 players including England stars Raheem Sterling and Bukayo Saka, who were among several players targeted after the Euro 2020 final.

The analysis, conducted by researchers at the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) and seen by the Observer, included 100 tweets reported to Twitter. Of those, 11 used the N-word to describe footballers, 25 used monkey or banana emojis directed at players, 13 called for players to be deported, and 25 attacked players by telling them to “go back to” other countries. Thirteen tweets targeted footballers over their English skills.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -world-cup
June bug

Twitter

Post by June bug »

Musk is bragging about how much more traffic Twitter is getting since he took it over. It is, in part due to a bunch of elated haters. But another BIG part is horrified rubberneckers. Both give him bragging rights.

And while some companies with a conscience are pausing, there are way too many extremely wealthy interests who are only too happy to see Twitter users mouthing their hateful views. And they’ll put their money where those mouths are.

Meaning Muskrat may very well succeed…
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

My gut is saying this guy should have a thread here— I might get to that, but love to hear some other opinions.
Christopher Bouzy (@cbouzy) appeared in my Twitter feed immediately after the midterms and the non-appearance of the Red Wave. Because he was consistent in predicting Democratic victories and was saying what many wanted to hear he accumulated many adoring super fans.

He reminds me of Michael Avenetti in the way he is playing his fans with posts calculated to keep them fired up.

Now, he is setting the stage to (IMO) fleece thousands saying he will set up a social media site to compete with Twitter.

I haven’t done any sleuthing on the inter webs, it’s just my spidey sense…
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

Danraft wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:19 am My gut is saying this guy should have a thread here— I might get to that, but love to hear some other opinions.
Christopher Bouzy (@cbouzy) appeared in my Twitter feed immediately after the midterms and the non-appearance of the Red Wave. Because he was consistent in predicting Democratic victories and was saying what many wanted to hear he accumulated many adoring super fans.

He reminds me of Michael Avenetti in the way he is playing his fans with posts calculated to keep them fired up.

Now, he is setting the stage to (IMO) fleece thousands saying he will set up a social media site to compete with Twitter.

I haven’t done any sleuthing on the inter webs, it’s just my spidey sense…
He's the guy who runs botsentinal. It supposedly detects which accounts are bots but it's not that accurate. It says my account is problematic because I go after a bunch of conspiracy theorists on twitter.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”