Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Republicans are already crowing about mtg "dropping the mic" and Boebert catching Twitter flat footed in lies that will land them in prison.

So, uh.

They live in an alternate universe.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Twitter

Post by RVInit »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:03 pm Republicans are already crowing about mtg "dropping the mic" and Boebert catching Twitter flat footed in lies that will land them in prison.

So, uh.

They live in an alternate universe.
They do. The witnesses are not saying anything that supports the Republican propaganda. They are revealing some interesting things about the Trump administration constantly contacting Twitter and making threats unless they agree to take down posts that Trump does not like. Not a single witness was able to come up with a single instance of the Biden Administration or the CIA or FBI under any administration telling Twitter what to do or threatening Twitter in any way. The only instances of the government attempting to interfere with Twitter were all instances of the Trump White House threatening Twitter regarding posts that Trump didn't like.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

from the replies in that thread in 2019
:lol:
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

RVInit wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:58 pm Au contraire. All the portions of the hearings that I saw showed this hearing is blowing up in Republican's faces. That is why I was asking if we have a thread on it. I will watch the whole thing later on CSPAN, but I've watched some already. Republicans will likely be very sorry they opened up this particular door, Raskin and other Democrats are killing it on questioning. And, the people who are being questioned aren't particularly friendly with Republicans and seem to be answering questions quite honestly and have the goods to back up what they are saying.
:yeahthat:

Quoting Republicans* is by definition pointless. As we know, they just lie.

The committee was a shit show for them. The Dems shone.

Note also that AOC, Raskin, and someone else called out the R's for threatening the witnesses with arrest and jail. Apparently not condoned by Robert's Rules of Order.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

:rotflmao:
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Looks like I've made the grade. Or something. A quick Google suggest that posters found to be meanies can be limited. Not sure that applies to me. Anyway, to quote my favorite Vulcan, Fascinating.
Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 5.12.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 5.12.08 PM.png (80.59 KiB) Viewed 602 times
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:15 pm Looks like I've made the grade. Or something. A quick Google suggest that posters found to be meanies can be limited. Not sure that applies to me. Anyway, to quote my favorite Vulcan, Fascinating. Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 5.12.08 PM.png
It's broken for everyone. You can still schedule a tweet a minute in advance.
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Ah. Twitter broken.

:popcorn:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:19 pm Ah. Twitter broken.

:popcorn:
Imma join you. :popcorn:
elmobroketwitter.png
elmobroketwitter.png (69.71 KiB) Viewed 576 times
raison de arizona

Twitter

Pay more, type more.
https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/stat ... 5881785353
Twitter @Twitter wrote: more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words more words

Sometimes you need more words.

Longer Tweets are now live for US @TwitterBlue subscribers
📝Merriam-Webster @MerriamWebster wrote: Kind of moving into our territory...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Twitter

Post by Reality Check »

Tweetdeck is down now. That's all I use.
New Turtle

Twitter

Post by New Turtle »

Reality Check wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:10 pm Tweetdeck is down now. That's all I use.
They are making tweetdeck a premium service for twitter blue.

And pretty much anything else that uses Twitter API will need to pay up.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Unverified. But coincidental.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Twitter

Post by Reality Check »

New Turtle wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:37 pm

They are making tweetdeck a premium service for twitter blue.

And pretty much anything else that uses Twitter API will need to pay up.
Well screw you Elmo. I really am done.
bob

Twitter

Post by bob »

"For the record," I can't follow any more people.

Bird be busted.
Image ImageImage
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:50 pm from the replies in that thread in 2019
:lol:
I'm pretty sure the guy yelling was added in, but was the footage of trump being rushed out faked, too? Something about it didn't look right...
bob

Twitter

Post by bob »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:02 pmI'm pretty sure the guy yelling was added in, but was the footage of trump being rushed out faked, too? Something about it didn't look right...
The yelling voice was added in, but the rushing out was real and from 2016.
Image ImageImage
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bob wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:07 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:02 pmI'm pretty sure the guy yelling was added in, but was the footage of trump being rushed out faked, too? Something about it didn't look right...
The yelling voice was added in, but the rushing out was real and from 2016.
Thanks
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

when software developers have to tinker with a code base they do know little of
Twitter users told they’ve hit daily post limit in latest outage since Musk takeover
US tech publication reports CEO Elon Musk has asked staff to pause all new development to stabilise app

Josh Taylor
Thu 9 Feb 2023 00.25 GMT

Twitter users were unable to post instantly on the website for almost an hour, in the latest outage to hit the social media platform since billionaire Elon Musk’s $44bn takeover.

From around 10pm GMT on Wednesday, users attempting to tweet were informed by the platform they had hit their daily limit – despite many of them reporting having not tweeted at all that day.

The outage affected not just new tweets but retweets and replies. Users also reported not being able to access their direct messages.

Some users discovered a workaround by scheduling tweets one minute into the future. The service eventually returned at nearly 11pm GMT, however at the time of reporting, direct messages were still missing.

At the time of reporting, Tweetdeck – a Twitter-owned service that allows users to view multiple columns of Twitter in browsers – remained down. There has been speculation that the product will become exclusive to Twitter Blue subscribers, but the company has yet to announce whether that is the case.

Since Musk took over the company, Twitter no longer has a press department, but the Guardian sent questions to an email address the company has previously used to field press inquiries.

US tech publication The Information reported Musk told Twitter staff to pause “new feature development” to maximise stability on the platform amid the outage.

The disruption came just hours after Twitter rolled out a new product to Twitter Blue subscribers that allows them to send tweets with up to 4,000 characters. The company was also in the process of ending its free access to the application programming interface (API) on 9 February.

The change will cut off a wide variety of services including Twitter thread readers, automated replies, and automatic tweet delete services.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... k-takeover
RVInit

Twitter

Post by RVInit »

So here is the interesting thing. After yesterday's disastrous congressional committee hearing featuring ex-Twitter employees backfired on Republicans, all the sudden nobody could post on Twitter. It turns out that all the posts from early evening are now showing up in the middle of the night. And guess what my entire feed shows? My entire feed is full of some of the most embarrassing backfires and powerful statements about how Trump abused Twitter. Those posts that are showing up in the middle of the night where everyone is asleep (except obviously ME) and can't see them show how the "Twitter Files" was nothing but Elon Musk cherry picking information for Matt Taibi to do a hit piece on Democrats, when it was really Republicans doing exactly what the so-called Twitter Files claims Democrats did. I wonder if the current owner of Twitter would have any specific reason he would rather the kind of tweets that would have trended heavily during prime time would instead start showing up at 2 AM when nobody is awake to see them? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Twitter wasn't accidentally broke during prime time last night. Elon Musk was too chicken shit for everyone to see how spectacularly his ex-employees and Democrats showed the Twitter Files to be absolute and complete bullshit.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Twitter

Post by RVInit »

Here are CSPAN links to the committee hearing for anyone who wants to enjoy a bit of schadenfreude.

Full Hearing: 2 parts
https://www.c-span.org/video/?525786-1/ ... ory-part-1

https://www.c-span.org/video/?525786-2/ ... ory-part-2

Twitter counsel opening statement:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5056230/ ... ptop-story
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

Elon throwing a fit because his engagement is down and people are losing interest in his antics. Like all the fringe right he claims his own company is shadowbanning. When proven otherwise he fires engineers
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, on the bright side, when Musk gets down to just one remaining employee, he will know for sure who is shadow-banning him.

And then that dude is fired, too also! :banana:
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”