X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Suranis

Twitter

Post by Suranis »

Danraft wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:19 am My gut is saying this guy should have a thread here— I might get to that, but love to hear some other opinions.
Christopher Bouzy (@cbouzy) appeared in my Twitter feed immediately after the midterms and the non-appearance of the Red Wave. Because he was consistent in predicting Democratic victories and was saying what many wanted to hear he accumulated many adoring super fans.

He reminds me of Michael Avenetti in the way he is playing his fans with posts calculated to keep them fired up.

Now, he is setting the stage to (IMO) fleece thousands saying he will set up a social media site to compete with Twitter.

I haven’t done any sleuthing on the inter webs, it’s just my spidey sense…
You seem to be on the money. A quick search pulled up a reddit thread on him, based on a youtube that is no longer there. But there's stuff in the thread that shows red flags...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SaintMeghanMar ... se_of_his/
The real Christopher Bouzy and the abuse of his daughter
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, that didn't last long.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3744 ... -concerns/
CBS News announced on Sunday it will resume its Twitter activity after halting it for part of the weekend to assess “uncertainty” under new CEO Elon Musk.

“After pausing for much of the weekend to assess the security concerns, CBS News and Stations is resuming its activity on Twitter as we continue to monitor the situation,” the network wrote on the platform.

The network’s various accounts stopped posting tweets late on Friday, hours after Musk’s deadline for employees to either commit to a “hardcore” work environment or accept severance and leave the company.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
cjroberts
Verified:

Twitter

Post by cjroberts »

If Trump can find a supporter to pay his $8/month fee, he may come back. If this happens, Musk may rename the platform to Grifter in Trump's honor.
Go Land Crabs!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

what's the name of his own social media platform :think:

Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

So all the Republicans are taking a break from blaming everything on the greedy Jews to go beg the Jews for some money.

How on brand of them.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:36 pm So all the Republicans are taking a break from blaming everything on the greedy Jews to go beg the Jews for some money.

How on brand of them.
I mean, it's not really inconsistent: "Jews are the money men who run everything; we want some of the money so we can run everything in their name."

If I weren't Jewish, I might even admire the ballsiness.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

This is an excellent read on what advertisers are now experiencing at Twitter -

pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Hardcore antisemitism? Is there a gentler form? :confuzzled:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:53 pm This is an excellent read on what advertisers are now experiencing at Twitter -

https://twitter.com/petergyang/status/1 ... 6348049410
This. All of this. We review metrics on a daily basis. When conversions drop on a platform, the ad buy on that platform drops almost immediately. No one messes around waiting for it to come back, they plug that money into whatever platform is performing. Plus the social issues on Twitter (antisemitism, racism) increasing on the bird site are a huge turn off. No one wants their brand associated with that, and posts aren't getting disappeared. They just aren't. I know Musk says that al the moderation is running just as before, but that's not what we are seeing.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-te ... 287457806c

Elon Musk’s Twitter has reinstated the personal account of far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, which was banned in January for violating the platform’s COVID misinformation policies at the time.

Greene’s reinstatement comes after Musk over the weekend reinstated the account of former President Donald Trump, who was banned in the aftermath of the deadly Jan. 6 riots on the Capitol in 2021. Twitter — at the time — feared there was a risk of further incitement to violence if Trump was allowed to remain on the platform. Trump himself has said he won’t return to Twitter and as of Monday had not yet tweeted since the reinstatement, although he also hasn’t deleted his account.

Musk apparently based his decision to allow Trump back on the site on an unscientific Twitter poll he posted on his timeline. There appeared to be no such poll for Greene’s account. Earlier, Musk said he won’t make major decisions about content or restoring banned accounts before setting up a “ content moderation council ” with diverse viewpoints.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:56 pm Hardcore antisemitism? Is there a gentler form? :confuzzled:
Coming soon.
A kinder, gentler Anti-Semitism. More space in the rail cars, top notch amenities at the camps, and a more professional staff with top drawer body armor and tactical gear to assure you a fine experience on your way to the, well, we don't talk about that in polite society.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gupwalla

Twitter

Post by Gupwalla »

cjroberts wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:47 pm If Trump can find a supporter to pay his $8/month fee, he may come back. If this happens, Musk may rename the platform to Grifter in Trump's honor.
Trump doesn’t even want to be back on Twitter. He didn’t ask for it. He said he’s staying on TruthSocial.

Musk reinstated Trump spumanti because - I presume - Trump was a big driver of Twitter back in the bad old days and Musk needs to drive up the traffic.

Remember waking up in the morning and apprehensively checking the news to see what kind of nonsense the actual sitting President of the United States decided to gush out on Twitter while having his morning movement, and how you just hoped nothing of actual consequence happened in the world that day because no tv talking head was going to talk about anything else but the Daily Diarrhea until at least noon?

Musk wanted that back.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Gupwalla wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:44 pm Musk wanted that back.
Well, he didn't get TFG -- but MTG jumped right back into the victim saddle screeching.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸@RepMTG

I'm the only Member of Congress the unelected big tech oligarchs permanently banned.

On January 2, 2022, they violated my freedom of speech and ability to campaign & fundraise crying "covid misinformation."

My account is back.

1:19 PM · Nov 21, 2022
https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1594757528491016206
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

But not the only "member of Congress" who doesn't understand freedom of speech.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:56 pm Hardcore antisemitism? Is there a gentler form? :confuzzled:
Well, there's talking in dog whistles... that more subtle and insidious kind of antisemitism. Many consider it "gentler" (and more acceptable) than just saying the quiet part out loud..
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

3390735f796a1f4d15c3cb99e36e133725ae4c02d1360e8740f80dea72747b50.jpg
3390735f796a1f4d15c3cb99e36e133725ae4c02d1360e8740f80dea72747b50.jpg (31.95 KiB) Viewed 603 times
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Twitter

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:04 pm
Coming soon.
A kinder, gentler Anti-Semitism. More space in the rail cars, top notch amenities at the camps, and a more professional staff with top drawer body armor and tactical gear to assure you a fine experience on your way to the, well, we don't talk about that in polite society.
I believe the processing clerks will cluck regretfully and point out how you don't even look Jewish, but rules are rules and 'one drop of blood' laws are 'one drop of blood' laws.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

‘Verified’ anti-vax accounts proliferate as Twitter struggles to police content
Platform’s paid verification system is being used to give sense of validity to accounts pushing health misinformation

Melody Schreiber
Mon 21 Nov 2022 11.00 GMT

As the troubled social media platform Twitter rolled out a paid verification system and laid off thousands of content moderators, health misinformation accounts on the social network began pushing their messages to a wider audience than ever.

Under Elon Musk’s new direction for Twitter, several anti-vaccine accounts with tens of thousands of followers are now verified by paying $7.99 a month for Twitter Blue.

Social media sites have long struggled with misleading information and content moderation.

“There’s always been misinformation on the platforms,” said Sarah Barry, a vaccine advocate. Social media companies “only respond when something gets reported on, but they’re not actually proactively watching these groups”, she said.

Some tools, like verification on Twitter, were meant to address impersonation on the platform by verifying the identities of government officials, public agencies, celebrities, journalists and others.

But the tools are now being used to create a false sense of validity in order to spread dangerous falsehoods, including about vaccines. And groups on other platforms, like Facebook, continue to circumvent moderation by making minor changes to their names and the terms they use to promote anti-vaccine agendas.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... nformation
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

Gift article to the Washington Post about advertisers fleeing Twitter.

I did not know that 75% of Twitter users are outside the US. I don't think Musk is sufficiently cognizant of that, and what it means for the potential future income of the company.
Edit: I have been mentioning to some of the Earthlings in my weightlifting and martial arts/dance classes that I am going to miss Twitter. They uniformly seem to think Twitter is nothing but flame wars and stupidity. It's hard to convince them that there are really interesting, excellent humans on Twitter. They have no direct experience, but their minds are set.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Countries with the most Twitter users 2022

Published by S. Dixon, Nov 22, 2022

Social network Twitter is particularly popular in the United States, where as of January 2022, the microblogging service had audience reach of 76.9 million users. Japan and the India were ranked second and third with more than 58 and 23.6 million users respectively.

paysite https://www.statista.com/statistics/242 ... countries/
RTH10260

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

It was reported that among the decimation of the workforce the India office was reduced to 64.

Several jurisdictions outside of the US have strict requirements on how to police social media. No longer having local oversight that knows how to comply with media laws will bite him in the near future in his rearside and it will hurt.
DrConspiracy
Verified:

Twitter

Post by DrConspiracy »

I don't follow Twitter much, but I've looked at my feed for the past couple of weeks. What I'm seeing is a steady stream of propaganda, misinformation and hate speech. Including from:
  • @Jim_Jordan
  • @RepMTG (reinstated)
  • @MarkLevinShow
  • @DineshDSouza
And as much as I like Elon Musk's cars, I'm about to put him in the rightwing nutjob category.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Shizzle Popped »

With the massive cuts in workforce I keep wondering how long it will be before Twitter runs afoul of the GDPR (EU privacy regs). Unlike here in the U.S. where the laws aren't nearly so strict and the fines are frequently nothing more than a slap on the wrist, the EU doesn't play around.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Interesting quote from a former SpaceX intern who remembered the early days of Musk at SpaceX. Apparently SpaceX management managed Musk.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:40 am Interesting quote from a former SpaceX intern who remembered the early days of Musk at SpaceX. Apparently SpaceX management managed Musk.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status ... 7864495105
That was very interesting and illuminating.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”