Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Post Roe Abortion Problems

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Re: Post Roe Abortion Problems

Post by Kriselda Gray »

At some point I hope they point out the rank hypocrisy of an allegedly pro-life AG being perfectly willing to let the folks in that part of New Orleans face the liklihood of additional flooding that brings with it a risk of physical harm - including the possibility of death - to push his anti-abortion agenda. As usual, concern for "life" ends once you're out of the womb.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:46 am At some point I hope they point out the rank hypocrisy of an allegedly pro-life AG being perfectly willing to let the folks in that part of New Orleans face the liklihood of additional flooding that brings with it a risk of physical harm - including the possibility of death - to push his anti-abortion agenda. As usual, concern for "life" ends once you're out of the womb.
Does LA have a fetal personhood law yet? If so, I'd love to see the parish attorney file charges against the state AG for every 'preborn person' who dies as a result of flood, since those seem to have more protection than postborn humans.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Maybe just file on behalf of any human incubator woman of reproductive age who might die in the flooding, thus preventing its her contribution to the future supply of adoption produce?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:36 pm
SuzieC wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:17 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:10 pm I hate this fucking state.
I hate your state and also my state (Ohio).

and my state
Kansas

you just know they are going to f@#% up this recount
And my state Texas.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Remember, women are "incubators" only, not the human part. Grandson Frater 'splained that to his aging Grandma.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I love my state, California, and welcome y’all here when your state drives you out.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... amin-crump
A pregnant Louisiana woman faced with either carrying a skull-less fetus to term – for the baby to likely die within hours – or traveling several states away to obtain an abortion has hired a prominent civil rights attorney as she weighs how to move forward.

Nancy Davis has retained lawyer Ben Crump as she becomes the latest to embody the gut-wrenching decisions some women are being forced to make after the US supreme court’s decision in June to strip away nationwide abortion rights, according to a statement from the attorney’s office.

Davis’s home state is among those that have outlawed abortion with very few exceptions. Davis, from Baton Rouge, said publicly that she tried to have her pregnancy aborted after a 10-week ultrasound revealed that her fetus was missing the top of its skull – a condition known as acrania, which kills babies within minutes or hours of birth.

But because acrania was not explicitly included on Louisiana’s list of conditions justifying an exception from the state’s abortion ban, the hospital that treated Davis turned down terminating her pregnancy, which, as of Friday, was in its 13th week.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:42 am I love my state, California, and welcome y’all here when your state drives you out.
I can't afford your state. You people are crazy. My bud pays $10k a month to rent a home as they look for something to buy in the millions. Only people with money to burn in a fireplace can live in SoCali.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:18 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:42 am I love my state, California, and welcome y’all here when your state drives you out.
I can't afford your state. You people are crazy. My bud pays $10k a month to rent a home as they look for something to buy in the millions. Only people with money to burn in a fireplace can live in SoCali.
:fingerwag: Can't use fireplaces in most urban areas of California. CO2, and air quality and all that. No more burning of raisin trays, ag prunings, and rice straw, either.

:biggrin:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
humblescribe wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:38 pm
neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:18 pm
:fingerwag: Can't use fireplaces in most urban areas of California. CO2, and air quality and all that. No more burning of raisin trays, ag prunings, and rice straw, either.

:biggrin:
LOL. You reminded me of game shows from the past where the announcer would be listing off details of a new car prize and what it comes with -- "California Emissions".

Ah well, so my bud and family are paying crazy rent but they were paying a bit less crazy rent up in the northeast. At least now they don't need to buy snowbrushes/ice-scrappers/shovels -- so there is a savings$$ there.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:09 am Remember, women are "incubators" only, not the human part. Grandson Frater 'splained that to his aging Grandma.
I speak Reich Wing fluently...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao: :kiss:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:24 pm Garland's DoJ files a lawsuit against Idaho for criminalizing abortion in the case of medical emergency.
A thread on today's hearing in Idaho -

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm trying to make (crazy RW) sense of this. Let me know if this is right or wrong.

For example, ectopic pregnancy - we all know if an ectopic pregnancy isn't terminated, the woman will die. The fetus never had a chance.

So if a woman is diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy in TN, is she denied an abortion until her tube bursts, hoping she is in close proximity to an ER because she could bleed out or die of sepsis? Are the doctors instructed no abortion until the woman is literally dying and then, maybe, you can save her, but the baby comes first? (Kinda like the rumor I heard about the Game of Thrones prequel, which I haven't watched and now probably won't.)

Spoiler alert, don't click if you plan to watch the prequel.
► Show Spoiler
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/23/yelp-c ... nters-flag
Yelp is adding a prominent consumer notice to crisis pregnancy center listings to more clearly distinguish them from clinics that provide abortion services, in a policy change shared first with Axios.

The big picture: Yelp's move is the latest tech-company response to a post-Roe world in which abortion information has become a significant online battleground, with both sides of the debate applying intense pressure.

Driving the news: Starting today, Yelp will add a consumer notice to both faith-based and non-faith-based crisis pregnancy centers noting that they "provide limited medical services and may not have licensed medical professionals onsite.

"It's the latest in a series of moved Yelp has made since 2018, when CEO Jeremy Stoppelman directed the company to make sure crisis pregnancy centers were differentiated from abortion clinics in the company's listings.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

x-posting -

June bug

Post by June bug »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:59 pm x-posting -

Best political slogan I’ve seen recently was in the comments to a Jennifer Rubin opinion piece on this case.

“Roe, Roe, Roe your vote”
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:45 am I'm trying to make (crazy RW) sense of this. Let me know if this is right or wrong.

For example, ectopic pregnancy - we all know if an ectopic pregnancy isn't terminated, the woman will die. The fetus never had a chance.
That is why I don't think ectopic attachments should be called "pregnancies."
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Approved.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

We were talking about this guy somewhere but I couldn’t find it. Anyway, guess he didn’t lose much sleep over it after all.
A South Carolina lawmaker who said he felt so guilty for having voted for an abortion ban after a doctor told him it could cause a teenager to lose her uterus or die of sepsis that he "couldn't sleep for a week" has now voted for another abortion ban.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I have a big problem with this "life is at risk" bullshit. Does she have to be in the ER hemorrhaging? Can an ectopic situation be immediately remedied since they know she will eventually die without treatment. Waiting until the tube has burst and she's turning septic could, of course, kill her, but it could also leave her comatose. She could have a stroke or be otherwise disabled. I think the decision to abort is up to the woman, but if they're going to impose this at risk crap, it needs to state for the "health" of the mother.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:33 pm I have a big problem with this "life is at risk" bullshit. Does she have to be in the ER hemorrhaging? Can an ectopic situation be immediately remedied since they know she will eventually die without treatment. Waiting until the tube has burst and she's turning septic could, of course, kill her, but it could also leave her comatose. She could have a stroke or be otherwise disabled. I think the decision to abort is up to the woman, but if they're going to impose this at risk crap, it needs to state for the "health" of the mother.
50% of ectopic pregnancies miscarry without any intervention or serious side effect (which is not to say that any miscarriage is harmless, but half of ectopic pregnancies resolve like a standard miscarriage).
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm thinking 50%* is too high and for the ones that don't, some can rupture so spectacularly that the woman dies before she can receive treatment so I don't want any of my loved ones waiting around to find out. They can also be treated with medication, if early enough.

*I understood it to be about 25% that spontaneously abort but I'll look for verification.

Return to “Current Politics”