Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Post Roe Abortion Problems

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post Roe Abortion Problems

Post by Kriselda Gray »

A woman in Texas had suffered a miscarriage. According to the video (link below), her ob-gyn refused to do a D&C after diagnosing the miscarriage via ultrasound because that's the same procedure as an abortion and she was afraid she could get sued under the new law. (And if a doctor does get sued, even if they prove that the fetus was dead and they did not abort a viable baby, they're still responsible for their own legal bills and other costs.)

She required the woman to get a 2nd ultrasound to confirm the miscarriage - and then still refused to do the procedure. She had to get a 3rd ultrasound and find a different doctor before she could get the D&C.

This meant the woman ended up carrying her dead fetus for two weeks, something a doctor interviewed by the journalist said could cause infections that can lead to sterility, or - worse - the fetus starts breaking down once it's dead and that tissue can cause organ failure or death in the woman.

So, not only did the new law put her physical health at risk, she had to go through 3 ultrasounds - at least one of which she described as invasive - and be told 3 times she wasn't going to have a baby she and her partner had been trying for and much wanted. That had to have taken a heavy mental toll as well.

They're now thinking of moving away from Texas - and their extended family - so they can try again for another child without the fear of a repeat of this horror.
Texas woman speaks out after being forced to carry her dead fetus for 2 weeks

The same surgical procedure that is used to treat a miscarriage is also used for terminating pregnancies. New Texas anti-abortion laws have doctors nervous to perform procedures for miscarriages, forcing this woman to carry her dead fetus in her womb for two weeks.

CNN's Elizabeth Cohen has more.

Source: CNN Video at
MsDaisy
Verified:

Re: Post Roe Abortion Problems

Post by MsDaisy »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:59 pm A woman in Texas had suffered a miscarriage. According to the video (link below), her ob-gyn refused to do a D&C after diagnosing the miscarriage via ultrasound because that's the same procedure as an abortion and she was afraid she could get sued under the new law. (And if a doctor does get sued, even if they prove that the fetus was dead and they did not abort a viable baby, they're still responsible for their own legal bills and other costs.)
:snippity:
Source: CNN Video at
That's pretty fucked up. :evil:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:59 pm This meant the woman ended up carrying her dead fetus for two weeks, something a doctor interviewed by the journalist said could cause infections that can lead to sterility, or - worse - the fetus starts breaking down once it's dead and that tissue can cause organ failure or death in the woman.
This happened to my grandmother pre-Roe v. Wade. No doctor would perform the surgery unless her life was in immanent danger due to interpretations of Michigan's "life of the mother" exception (she did complete the miscarriage eventually without intervention). This is not just some hypothetical fear, it's what used to happen. The precedent is already there.
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

:mad: :brokenheart:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:torches:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:eek: :torches: :fuckyou: :explode:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The cruelty is the point.

:explode:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Unbelievable! What is happening to this country. :sick:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-202 ... f180d812dc
TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) — The Idaho Republican Party has rejected adding language to their platform to allow an abortion to save the life of the mother.

KMVT-TV reported that a majority of the roughly 700 delegates from around the state rejected the change to the party’s existing platform during its three-day convention that wrapped up Saturday. The platform does not have the force of law but states the party’s position it wants Republicans in elected office to follow.

The overturning of Roe v. Wade by the U.S. Supreme Court last month triggered a 2020 Idaho law banning all abortions except in cases of reported rape or incest, or to protect the mother’s life. That law as written would take effect sometime this summer, but it’s being challenged in the Idaho Supreme Court.

To change that 2020 law, if it’s upheld by the court, would require action by the Republican-dominated Legislature, which is scheduled to meet in January, and the approval of Republican Gov. Brad Little, who signed the 2020 abortion trigger law.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Vote Republican, watch women die.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:42 pm Vote Republican, watch women expendable human incubators die.
FIFY
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

At least we are still considered "human" now.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Change approved.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I have 2 friends with diseases that require they take "abortion" medications for any sort of normal, useful life. Both in their 50s, pre-menopausal, grown kids, no intention of ever having any more, and they are in danger of losing their access to their meds. One friend's doc told her to come back after she hit menopause and couldn't get pregnant and he'd put her back on it. The other friend with the incredibly painful disease is trying to find a doc who will tie her tubes before she is completely debilitated.

Fuck the pro-lifers and their stupid shit.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Shit, how long before sterilization procedures are outlawed? I'm so old, I remember a woman having to get her husband's permission to get her tubes tied.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:01 pm At least we are still considered "human" now.
Nope, you misread the "expendable human incubators" part, the fetus is human, the vessel is not, too, and also, the fetus is only human after it's born if it's male, female, then revert to the "expendable human incubators" sobriquet...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Kay on Balloon juice said this:

"It’s kind of mildly amusing to me how misogynistic and brutal the actual anti-abortion base are compared to the slick, media trained spokespeople for the anti-abortion “movement”.

For so long we only heard the well compensated spokespeople but now the real brutality towards women is just exploding – they can’t control it. The anti-abortion base is ugly and you see it with the mask stripped off.

I’m pleased we’re seeing how ugly and brutal it is because of course that was always true and the fancy lawyers on the Right were never “the movement”, not really. The base want her on that table losing a liter of blood and in agony for hours against her will. That’s the goal."

She is right, but it's not even mildly amusing to me. Also, they don't want her on that table losing a liter of blood. They want her to die. They want many of us to die.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

They will get their wish.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:43 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:01 pm At least we are still considered "human" now.
Nope, you misread the "expendable human incubators" part, the fetus is human, the vessel is not, too, and also, the fetus is only human after it's born if it's male, female, then revert to the "expendable human incubators" sobriquet...
Ohhhhh.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Gambling-style Abortion clinics on ships offshore.

https://www.insider.com/floating-aborti ... 2022-7?amp
Tiredretiredlawyer

Ccccccoooooollllll!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd set up a monthly donation for that.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:25 pm Gambling-style Abortion clinics on ships offshore.

Off-shore might also mean outside of US territorial waters. Means passenger lists and passport controls. Means open records for snooping DAs.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:43 pm
Patagoniagirl wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:25 pm Gambling-style Abortion clinics on ships offshore.

Off-shore might also mean outside of US territorial waters. Means passenger lists and passport controls. Means open records for snooping DAs.
Do you need passport controls for those so-called 'gambling cruises to nowhere'? I've never taken one.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Current Politics”