Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kriselda Gray

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

A place for Kriselda's stuff

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I just found out today that if I'd followed up on a notification I got 2 years ago rather than assuming it was just more spam from a particularly spammy site, I could have had a poem I wrote about Thor included in an anthology of Pagan prayer published by the largest Pagan/Occult publisher in the US.

Oh well, but man, that would have been too cool!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It would have been very cool!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Sooooo.... Was surfing the tikytoky place type thing and ran across this one. Thought you might enjoy it. :)

“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

jez wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:36 am Sooooo.... Was surfing the tikytoky place type thing and ran across this one. Thought you might enjoy it. :)
Very much so! Thank you, Jez, that was really sweet of you to pass on :lovestruck:
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

I just found out it's called "Savage Daughter". There are a few versions on YouTube.

Glad you liked it. :batting:
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

jez wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:12 am I just found out it's called "Savage Daughter". There are a few versions on YouTube.

Glad you liked it. :batting:
I played it for Mr. Gray and he said it was very appropriate :lol:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Well, my doctor's assistant sent someone out to take x-rays of my damn shoulders. It was an interesting experience. We learned I can actually move around on the bed better than we thought. Not enough to accomplish anything (aside from getting into the right position so the tech could take the x-rays) but still more than expected especially given that I have to stay on my back and can't use my arms. It's all leg power.

The REALLY interesting part, though, was that while she was taking the x-rays, the tech had to have me reposition my arm so she could get the right shots. She said she was surprised I could move my arm as well as I did because "it looks like there's really nothing in there to work with", but she wouldn't explain what she meant by that. So now I'm kinds anxious to get my results.

My doctor's assistant is new, and I'm hoping ill,get to work with him more. Part of the reason for the x-rays was that he was thinking of sending out a physical therapist, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't do more harm than good. No one else had even considered that before sending PTs out.

Hopefully I'll know more soon...
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good luck. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yes, good luck! :bighug:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I got a preliminary report back on the x-rays. Doc says there's no acute damage but there is a lot of arthritis. They're going to call me next week to discuss it I more detail and talk about what (if anything) can be done about the pain.
Tiredretiredlawyer

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

So that's ... sorta good news. :bighug:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I got the full report back on my shoulders today and it's not very good. Apparently, I just don't have any shoulders to speak of any more. When my rotator cuffs tore, my shoulders were misaligned. It was the pain from that that kept me from sitting up or standing because gravity made the misalignment worse, making the pain intolerable. Even with just lying in bed, however, they were still misaligned and as a reult, the big ball joint at the top of the arm that sockets into the upper part of the clavical/scapula area (called the humerual head) has been completely worn away.

There's really nothing that can be done except to replace the shoulders, but it's highly unlikely that will be feasible. Finding a doctor who would operate on me (if there even is one in our area) would be difficult enough. Getting into their office for an exam and any other pre-surgery appointments is a whole other problem.

I suppose I at least know now why they hurt so damn much.

::heavy sigh::
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm sorry. I hope knowing might help, you or the doctors and caregivers. :bighug:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:22 pm I'm sorry. I hope knowing might help, you or the doctors and caregivers. :bighug:
It probably will once it sinks in more. It's just a bit of a shock to the system to be told that where they expected to find bone there "was an absence of material." I'll get past it, it'll just take a few days probably.

The hardest part is that I want to talk to my dad about it because he had some very similar problems, though his were with his knees, and then I remember he's not there anymore. It's been 2 years, but it still feels so recent...
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Kris - this is one of those times where you're allowed to scream every four letter word you can think of.

(((big hugs)))
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Or the future.
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:04 pm I got the full report back on my shoulders today and it's not very good. Apparently, I just don't have any shoulders to speak of any more. When my rotator cuffs tore, my shoulders were misaligned. It was the pain from that that kept me from sitting up or standing because gravity made the misalignment worse, making the pain intolerable. Even with just lying in bed, however, they were still misaligned and as a reult, the big ball joint at the top of the arm that sockets into the upper part of the clavical/scapula area (called the humerual head) has been completely worn away.

There's really nothing that can be done except to replace the shoulders, but it's highly unlikely that will be feasible. Finding a doctor who would operate on me (if there even is one in our area) would be difficult enough. Getting into their office for an exam and any other pre-surgery appointments is a whole other problem.

I suppose I at least know now why they hurt so damn much.

::heavy sigh::

Shoulders are really bad, I screwed up my left shoulder 2007 at a Kentucky Darby party when I reached up with my left arm to hug a very tall girlfriend, I dropped the plate I had in my right hand and grabbed my left wrist when it felt like my shoulder had literally just broken. Turned out to be a frozen shoulder w/ a torn cartilage and a bone spur that did require surgery. I am not a fan of narcotic pain medications and through just about everything this old body has gone though it did so with my primary drug of choice, Advil Liquid gels. Narcotics screw my system up way worse than any pain and I have to be pretty to be in pretty damn bad shape to take one. Otherwise it’s Advil and Capsaicin ointment. Capsaicin even masked the pain when I had Shingles! Hurt like hell rubbing it in but literally seconds later there was relief. Just be sure not to get that shit in your eye. Yep, did that once. It’s over the counter; give it a try it may help. Sure helped me! :thumbsup:
Capzasin_.jpg
Capzasin_.jpg (19.17 KiB) Viewed 1729 times
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Thanks, Ms.Daisy! I will definitely look into that!
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Take care. These things are so hard to accept. :bighug:
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Topical Lidocaine (cured) relieved my "golfer's elbow".
Left shoulder is the rotator cuff.
PT is in my future. Fer sure fer sure.
IANOTAA
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Thanks everyone for your hugs, suggestions, words of comfort and permission to swear - I appreciate all of it very much!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”