Flash Poll: Will the Dotard Announce Before or After Midterms?

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*

If He Runs, Should The Dotard Announce Before or After the Midterms?

Before
42%
After
44%
Other
14%

Total votes: 36

bob

Re: Flash Poll: Will the Dotard Announce Before or After Midterms?

Post by bob »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:40 pmAnd if he loses in the primaries?
As mentioned, some states have sore-loser laws: you can't appear in the general if you lost in a primary.

I don't care to attempt to read what's in his mind :fingerwag: , but my WAG is he wouldn't attempt an independent run in the general under those conditions. I mean, it would be a great method to extend the girft, but it would be work. And doomed to fail due to electoral math.

(Having said that, it would almost guarantee Biden's re-election.)
Image ImageImage
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

And if he loses in the primaries?

There will be no primaries. All lesser beings will clear out once His Magnificence has entered the arena. That's what he's counting on, anyway. He has said that he doesn't think anyone would (dare) run against him.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

When he ran in 2012 (yes he is listed as a candidate for the Republicans on wikipedia, and we were talking about him on Reality Check Radio) he demanded that the Republicans hold no primaries and just put him on the ballot. I guess there would be a similar scenario here.

And run as an independent? WITHOUT an RNC to demand money out of? :eek:
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Please do not do this to us': Republicans 'scared to death' of Trump's 2024 announcement

Tom Boggioni
July 17, 2022

Appearing on an MSNBC panel on "The Sunday Show," former Republican Party campaign adviser Tara Setmayer claimed the last thing the GOP needs right now is for Donald Trump to derail their midterm election plans by announcing he will run for president in 2024.

Speaking with host Jonathan Capehart, the longtime conservative who left the fold due to the former president claimed that the GOP leadership is practically begging Trump to hold off until after November.

With host Capehart prompting, "Tara, if he gets into the race, the conversation is totally going to shift to Donald Trump! " she shot back, "Let me translate the Republican speak here. It is: 'For the love of god, please do not do this to us.'"

As her co-panelists laughed she continued. "That is what the Republicans are saying in Washington. They are scared to death that Donald Trump is going to declare before November. because it absolutely changes the conversation for them. This is a very effective political environment for them right now, where they can have a wave again because it's just not been such a great year for President Biden, whether it is his fault or not."

https://www.rawstory.com/dopnald-trump-2024/

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”