Bill_G, retired, affluence of effluent, and errata

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Positive waves sent to you both. I hope it's getting easier.
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:grouphug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: But mostly :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :superhero:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Big Hug....png
Big Hug....png (161.24 KiB) Viewed 719 times
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

All of the above X 1,000
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Big hugs for you both!!!!! :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Got a couple two-three inches of accumulated winter down here south of the UGB (urban growth boundary). Might have to make it a Netflix Day.

Or maybe organize our ostomy supplies. I have two large boxes of stuff now, and they are begging for shelf space.
Attachments
20231126_170817.jpg
20231126_170817.jpg (506.38 KiB) Viewed 73 times
Tiredretiredlawyer

It's a SNOW DAY, bill! That means movies, hot chocolate, and popcorn. No work today! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:yeahthat:

I bought whipped cream today for hot chocolate for our first ever snow! I lived in DC area for 24 years, learned to drive in the snow. We go to snowy places, but not right at our own door.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:33 am It's a SNOW DAY, bill! That means movies, hot chocolate, and popcorn. No work today! :biggrin:
Honestly, I'm not much of a day TV watcher even in bad weather. It's kinda like day drinking. There's something inherently guilt laden about it. So, you find something to do. I cleared our drive and our cars. It's crystaline powder over a slushie base making shoveling a challenge. The leaf blower could get the powder to fly, but the wind picked it up, and sent it right back in your face. Didn't matter which direction you faced. The wind found you, and shoved handfuls down your jacket through the neckline. Good times!

I got some household chores done. Found those ostomy supplies a home in a bedroom drawer. Took an early nap. Made dinner. Didn't get around to TV until 7:30pm or so. Whatever I was watching must have been fascinating because the cat and I woke up about 10:30 just in time to go to bed! Woke up from a dream about 1am when I heard Mrs call my name. She was on her back sawing logs, but I clearly heard her. She'll deny it if I ask about it. (cough)

Today is Friday meaning garbage day meaning empty all the waste baskets, and the kitty poop pot, get the can to the curb. The service provider website does not give me any info whether they are skipping us because of inclement weather, or not. But, they do make it clear they will get paid none the less. We aren't being skipped. Bad weather just prevents them delivering service. Oddly, in Oregon, an At Will state, if I were to take a bad weather day off, I would not get paid. But, somehow Oregon businesses do by provisions in state and county regulations. How nice for them.

Moving on ...
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:03 pm :yeahthat:

I bought whipped cream today for hot chocolate for our first ever snow! I lived in DC area for 24 years, learned to drive in the snow. We go to snowy places, but not right at our own door.
Oregon, specifically Portland, freaks out over snow. A couple lousy inches will bring the traffic to a halt. The highway tires on their cars are not all season tread. They spin out and dive into a curb, or change lanes without steering. It's awful to see a car ahead of you suddenly go into a flat spin. I will admit it is secretly hilarious to watch a car at a stop light slowly slide towards the curb because of road crown and gravity. There's nothing they can do about it except to wait for the contact to happen.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:38 am Oregon, specifically Portland, freaks out over snow. A couple lousy inches will bring the traffic to a halt. The highway tires on their cars are not all season tread. They spin out and dive into a curb, or change lanes without steering. It's awful to see a car ahead of you suddenly go into a flat spin. I will admit it is secretly hilarious to watch a car at a stop light slowly slide towards the curb because of road crown and gravity. There's nothing they can do about it except to wait for the contact to happen.
I was in Atlanta on some work related thing a couple decades ago. And snow came. Just a dusting by my measure, but it brought the city to it's knees. They don't have the equipment nor de-icer/salt to deal with it.

Up north, one of my best purchases was a set of true snow-tires for season. Night/day difference. Don't believe the hype of "all season" radials in advertising. If you are in a snowy place, invest in snow tires. ;)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

bill_g wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:32 am :snippity:

It's kinda like day drinking. There's something inherently guilt laden about it.
:snippity:
Sooooo, yeah gonna have to disagree with you there :lol:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:28 am
bill_g wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:38 am Oregon, specifically Portland, freaks out over snow. A couple lousy inches will bring the traffic to a halt. The highway tires on their cars are not all season tread. They spin out and dive into a curb, or change lanes without steering. It's awful to see a car ahead of you suddenly go into a flat spin. I will admit it is secretly hilarious to watch a car at a stop light slowly slide towards the curb because of road crown and gravity. There's nothing they can do about it except to wait for the contact to happen.
I was in Atlanta on some work related thing a couple decades ago. And snow came. Just a dusting by my measure, but it brought the city to it's knees. They don't have the equipment nor de-icer/salt to deal with it.

Up north, one of my best purchases was a set of true snow-tires for season. Night/day difference. Don't believe the hype of "all season" radials in advertising. If you are in a snowy place, invest in snow tires. ;)
Hah. You should see what happens when Tucson gets a dusting of snow once every four or five years.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

We had an unexpected inch of snow once here in Rawly, in early 2005.

Thousands of schoolchildren slept on the floor of their classrooms that night, because the city was paralyzed. Not even kidding. Ol' Wifehorn took a ride with a neighbor who had a 4-wheel drive. It took them almost 5 hours to get their (our) kids from school about 8 miles away.

But when we get enough warning, Raleigh is OK in the snow.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:09 pm

It's kinda like day drinking. There's something inherently guilt laden about it.
Ha! Even on fishing trips I can rarely get chill enough to have a beer before lunch.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

bill_g wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:03 am
Frater I*I wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:09 pm

Ha! Even on fishing trips I can rarely get chill enough to have a beer before lunch.
Fishing trips here in California in the summers on land find the noonday sun hovering at anywhere between 85-95 degrees if the fishin' hole is accessible by car. If you hike into the mountains, then the temps are proportionately cooler, but a 4-mile hike to a lake just feels right with a cold one to accompany a pic-a-nic lunch while your fishing line is getting wet.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

humblescribe wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:47 pm Fishing trips here in California in the summers on land find the noonday sun hovering at anywhere between 85-95 degrees if the fishin' hole is accessible by car. If you hike into the mountains, then the temps are proportionately cooler, but a 4-mile hike to a lake just feels right with a cold one to accompany a pic-a-nic lunch while your fishing line is getting wet.
Nothing cuts the slake off the back of your throat like a beer on a Summer day. And a beer chilled by a stream is absolutely the best.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Okay - update for Thursday Mar 3 -

Mrs has taken on the task of her daily ostomy bag maintenance putting her one step closer to some independence and autonomy. She may not be able to change her bags on her own, but we'll see. Never say never.

I got her a real wheelchair yesterday, and she was excited to get it. Over the last many months, she didn't need a wheelchair. She just needed a little help. (cough) Sometimes. (cough) Occassionally. (cough) She bought herself one of those Rollator walkers that has a seat and foot stirrups last year long before her latest problems arose. It gave her something to hold on to, and if she needed to sit, she could.

Technically it's a transport chair. You can use it to move someone from the car into an office for an appointment, but it's not comfortable enough for sitting for very long. It was causing her a lot of pain if she was in it for more than an hour. So, I bought her a real wheelchair with the thick seat pad and the detachable chrome side arms. She just got all squishy and happy when I showed her the new chariot. Ah.

Next up: A transfer bench for the tub so she can sit to take a shower. We are working our way towards making meals too.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Sounds like you're making some great progress! Best wishes to both of you 💞
Tiredretiredlawyer

Progress!!! Hooray!! Mrs. G is a progressive woman!!! I salute her independence and yours!!!!!!! :lovestruck:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's wonderful!!! Baby steps.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Introduce Yourself”