Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rest In Peace

Sam the Centipede

Rest In Peace

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Off Topic
Outside the USA, English language press seems to be less enthusiastic about mentioning the cause of notable individuals' deaths than ten, twenty years ago. My interpretation is that this is not a result of legal or code-of-practice requirements, but is editors deciding that they do not have to search for or give out this private and possibly sensitive information simply because their readers are naturally curious, especially in the case of apparently early and/or sudden deaths.

The inclusion of pointers to suicide prevention helplines at the end of some articles might be a deliberate hint that the unmentioned cause of death was suicide, but perhaps some editors include those anyway? I don't know.
Dr. Ken

Rest In Peace

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
MN-Skeptic

Rest In Peace

Post by MN-Skeptic »

A tweet I saw earlier today commented that Diamond’s casket may be the first one sporting a tip jar.
Kendra

Rest In Peace

Post by Kendra »

https://www.yahoo.com/now/lisa-marie-pr ... Db2yM8fdib
Lisa Marie Presley, singer-songwriter and daughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, has died. She was 54.

"It is with a heavy heart that I must share the devastating news that my beautiful daughter Lisa Marie has left us," Priscilla confirmed in a statement to PEOPLE Thursday evening.

"She was the most passionate strong and loving woman I have ever known. We ask for privacy as we try to deal with this profound loss. Thank you for the love and prayers. At this time there will be no further comment."

The musician, who released three albums throughout her career, was hospitalized on Jan. 12. EMTs responded to Lisa Marie's home in Calabasas, California on Thursday for a possible cardiac arrest, just two days after she attended the 2023 Golden Globes with Priscilla and Elvis star Austin Butler.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

RIP
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Rest In Peace

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:51 pm https://www.yahoo.com/now/lisa-marie-pr ... Db2yM8fdib
Lisa Marie Presley, singer-songwriter and daughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, has died. She was 54.
The story of her departure from Scientology and her outspoken criticism of the cult is very interesting. Check out the site of Tony Ortega, a reputable journalist who has written about Scientology for nearly 30 years: http://www.tonyortega.org and http://tonyortega.substack.com. His breaking news story about her death is here, and it contains lots of links to reportage about her split with the cult she was raised in: https://tonyortega.substack.com/p/lisa- ... ized-after
humblescribe
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by humblescribe »

Charlie While, USC tailback under Robinson '77-'79.

https://news.yahoo.com/charles-white-us ... 47841.html

In the '80 Rose Bowl, SC was trailing the Ohio State University 16-10. The Buckeyes punted to SC with around two minutes to play. The drive started inside SC's 20-yard line. White carried the ball five or six times to inside the Buckeye ten. From the one-yard line he dived in, and the point after put SC up 17-16. tOSU was only able to attempt a 65-yard field goal as time expired. He finished with 247 rushing yards. That is still the Rose Bowl record. I was there.

Don't show this to Wifehorn, Foggy. :blackeye:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Rest In Peace

Post by keith »

humblescribe wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:02 pm Charlie While, USC tailback under Robinson '77-'79.

https://news.yahoo.com/charles-white-us ... 47841.html

In the '80 Rose Bowl, SC was trailing the Ohio State University 16-10. The Buckeyes punted to SC with around two minutes to play. The drive started inside SC's 20-yard line. White carried the ball five or six times to inside the Buckeye ten. From the one-yard line he dived in, and the point after put SC up 17-16. tOSU was only able to attempt a 65-yard field goal as time expired. He finished with 247 rushing yards. That is still the Rose Bowl record. I was there.

Don't show this to Wifehorn, Foggy. :blackeye:
Just think, those two teams will never play each other in the Rose Bowl Game ever again.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Rest In Peace

Post by poplove »

NBC Bay Area
@nbcbayarea
Robbie Bachman, the drummer for the Canadian hard rock band Bachman-Turner Overdrive that was known for such 1970s hits as “Takin' Care of Business" and “You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet," has died at age 69.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Rest In Peace

Post by RTH10260 »

Robbie Knievel, stuntman who followed in father Evel Knievel's footsteps, dies at 60

MARINA PITOFSKY | USA TODAY
8 hours ago

Robbie Knievel, a record-setting stunt performer and the son of Evel Knievel, died of pancreatic cancer, his brother confirmed to multiple outlets. He was 60 years old.

Kelly Knievel, Robbie Knievel’s brother, told CBS News Friday that his brother died after being in hospice care for several days. He was with his three daughters.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertain ... 047911002/
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Rest In Peace

Post by Luke »

At last, a memorial DL2XIT is invited to attend. h/t intrepid and ace stenographer Rharon.
Trump Indicates Memorial Service Plan for “Diamond”
5 hours ago by Sharon Rondeau

(Jan. 14, 2023) — In an interview Friday with Dr. Gina Loudon on “Prime Time” on Real America’s Voice, 45th President and 2024 presidential candidate Donald J. Trump indicated he is involved in planning a memorial service for “Diamond,” whose given name was Lynette Diamond Hardaway, of the Trump-supporting phenomenon “Diamond and Silk.”
Dr. Loudon opened the segment by wishing Trump condolences on “both losses this week” without identifying the second individual. After relating her acquaintance and relationship with Diamond & Silk in launching “Women for Trump,”* Loudon asked, “If you know, how is Silk holding up, and what would you like us to know about your memories of Diamond and her legacy?” “Well, Silk is not holding up really well,” Trump responded. “She’s having a hard time with it; I called her numerous times.” He recalled he learned of the sister duo from his wife Melania, who saw them on television, and stressed that they were “totally loyal” to his political brand on which the sisters prided themselves.

“We’re going to do a little service, I think, for Diamond,” he said, “and we’re going to do it up in North Carolina, and I don’t think the date has been set yet, but it’s going to be set pretty soon; we’ll give her a service that she really deserves.” “These are two terrific people and never complained; life wasn’t easy for them from day one,” he said, “…then we had this really unexpected tragedy, as far as I’m concerned…Two great women, two great women, but we have one left, but the other one’s looking down and very proud of her…” At that point, when the interview segment was truncated, Trump most likely said, “sister.”
* Women for Trump was Foggy's pal Amy Kremer, no idea and don't care how Zirconia and Burlap fit in.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Rest In Peace

Post by Greatgrey »

Missed this last year.

Dan Lacey died from brain cancer on February 7, 2022, at the age of 61.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Rest In Peace

Post by RTH10260 »

Constantine II, the Last King of Greece, Dies at 82
An Olympic medalist, he was popular when he took the throne in 1964. But his efforts to intervene in Greek politics led to a coup and his ouster.

By Niki Kitsantonis
Jan. 13, 2023

ATHENS — Constantine II, the last king of Greece, who ruled for just three years during a turbulent period in the country’s modern history that culminated in the abolition of the monarchy, died on Tuesday in a hospital here. He was 82.

He had been in intensive care for several days after a respiratory infection, a family spokeswoman said.

Constantine was a popular figure when, at 23, he ascended the throne after the death of his father, King Paul, in 1964. Just years earlier he won Greece’s first Olympic gold medal in sailing in decades, at the 1960 Games in Rome.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/worl ... -dead.html
Mrich

Rest In Peace

Post by Mrich »

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Rest In Peace

Post by keith »

Rene Geyer - age 69
The 1970s gave us some of Australia's most celebrated and enduring acts, like AC/DC, Cold Chisel, and The Saints to name a few.

But few artists broke ground in quite the same way as the great Renée Geyer.

Geyer, one of Australian music's most celebrated singers, died this week from complications following hip surgery. She was 69.
I have always loved this cover from her early days.

► Show Spoiler
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Rest In Peace

Post by Slarti the White »

My biological father, Donald Lynn Angell Jr., Aged 75.
From his Obituary wrote: Don worked in landscaping and earned his B.S. in Horticulture from Michigan State University in 1977. He and [his wife] Jean [Marie Angell] were married on December 29, 1990 in Colorado Springs and later owned and operated the Golden Pine Center, a convenience store in Atlanta, MI. He was also the Deputy Treasurer for Avery Township as well as a member of the local Airport Board and Board of Review. He was a friend of Bill W for the final 33 years of his life and always ready to help others. He could often be found sitting in the rocking chair at the Golden Pine talking about recovery with anyone that needed it.

He enjoyed music throughout his life, be it singing in the choir at high school or with friends at the Old Oaken Bucket at Oakland University, strumming tunes on his banjo, guitar, or ukulele, doing karaoke in clubs, or just singing together with his wife Jean. A lifelong Spartan fan, he was always eager to watch and talk about the latest Michigan State game. But, first and foremost, he liked to spend time with the people he loved, talking and laughing with his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, other relatives, and friends.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you make donations to the American Cancer Society.
He passed peacefully just after 7:30am Monday morning surrounded by members of his fambly. I only knew him for five years, but in the first thirty seconds of our first phone conversation he told me that he had thought of me every day of my life and wished he was a part of my life. He has been a part of my life ever since and has given me an amazing new fambly as well as strengthening my ties with my adopted fambly too. also. My time with him may have been short, but his influence will last for the rest of my life. I am incalculably richer for having known him.

Too. also, my sincere thanks to Danraft for the help and support he has given me over the last few weeks so I could be there for my Dad and my fambly. We have the fambly we are born into, the fambly we are raised in, and the fambly we choose. You are forever a part of the latter for me, Brotherlove.
Chilidog

Rest In Peace

Post by Chilidog »

:bighug:
Volkonski
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Volkonski »

Sorry for your loss. :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
qbawl

Rest In Peace

Post by qbawl »

So sorry for your loss.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm sorry. He sounds like a wonderful man. :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug: :bighug:

I’m so happy you got to meet him and find more family. He loved you.
jemcanada2

Rest In Peace

Post by jemcanada2 »

So sorry for your loss, Slarti. I’m glad you had these last few years to get to know him. :bighug: :bighug:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Slim Cognito »

:bighug:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by MsDaisy »

Deepest sympathies, losing a dad is very sad. :bighug:
Patagoniagirl

Rest In Peace

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I am so glad for you that you got to know him and have that little time. Blessings don't outweigh grief. RIP.

Return to “General Stuff”