Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rest In Peace

pipistrelle

Rest In Peace

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:45 pm ‘Diamond’ of pro-Trump commentary duo dies of heart disease

https://apnews.com/article/health-donal ... 789ea1aa2e
Known by the moniker “Diamond” of the conservative political commentary duo Diamond and Silk, Hardaway, 51, died Jan. 8 of heart disease due to chronic high blood pressure.
Makes sense. Funny how the sister didn't mention that. I'm all for health privacy, but not if you're going to lie.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'm so sorry, Orly! Losing them so close together must be hard :(

I know what you mean about it feeling like your team is gone, though. I'm also an only child and while my mom passed away several years ago, I still had my dad up until 2020, and it's been weird knowing I'm all that's left of my family. But I've been getting through it and you will, too!

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
humblescribe
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by humblescribe »

Kriselda, you, Orly, and I are of the only child persuasion. Perhaps we could convince our Fearless Leader to create a subgroup for us with a distinctive color!

Pretty please, Mr. Foggy?

:notworthy:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Kriselda Gray »

humblescribe wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:55 pm Kriselda, you, Orly, and I are of the only child persuasion. Perhaps we could convince our Fearless Leader to create a subgroup for us with a distinctive color!

Pretty please, Mr. Foggy?

:notworthy:
That could be cool :)
MsDaisy
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by MsDaisy »

A very tearful sad, I haz one. My older sister who never grew up past the mental age of about 5 was also handicapped by a terrible seizure disorder. A couple of years before she died I finally found the most wonderful caregiver to sit with her during the days while I was at work and her name was Hilda. I'd drive out to her place in the country and pick her up on Sunday nights and she stayed with us until Friday and I'd take her back home again. (She didn't drive) I just got a call from Hilda's daughter that she passed away. RIP dear Hilda, I don't know what I would have done without you! :cry:
Hilda.png
Hilda.png (328.82 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
RVInit

Rest In Peace

Post by RVInit »

:bighug: Ms Daisy. I have been primary caregiver for my mother for several months so far, it's a difficult job, to say the least. I can imagine how grateful you must have been to have someone you could trust to care for your sister, and I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of someone who was so helpful and important to you.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Slim Cognito »

Everything RV said and then some. It's a hard hard hard job and very few are capable of doing it, much less doing it well. My condolences to all who loved her.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by MsDaisy »

RVInit wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:23 am :bighug: Ms Daisy. I have been primary caregiver for my mother for several months so far, it's a difficult job, to say the least. I can imagine how grateful you must have been to have someone you could trust to care for your sister, and I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of someone who was so helpful and important to you.
She was very special and funny too. She loved sitting on that front porch. I’d come home and sit out there with her and get the low-down on everyone on the block. :lol:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

She sounds like a wonderful woman. I'm so sorry for all who cared for her, and I'm glad she was there for you.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Rest In Peace

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hilda looks like an authentic caretaker and person. We were lucky to have a CNA for Hubby's mom like that. Hilda beams "come sit here and let's talk." :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
humblescribe
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by humblescribe »

The world needs a lot more people like Hilda.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RVInit

Rest In Peace

Post by RVInit »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:22 pm The world needs a lot more people like Hilda.
:yeahthat:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Kriselda Gray »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:46 am A very tearful sad, I haz one. My older sister who never grew up past the mental age of about 5 was also handicapped by a terrible seizure disorder. A couple of years before she died I finally found the most wonderful caregiver to sit with her during the days while I was at work and her name was Hilda. I'd drive out to her place in the country and pick her up on Sunday nights and she stayed with us until Friday and I'd take her back home again. (She didn't drive) I just got a call from Hilda's daughter that she passed away. RIP dear Hilda, I don't know what I would have done without you! :cry:

Hilda.png
She sounds like a special woman - I'm glad she was there for you when you needed her and I'm sorry for your loss!
Tiredretiredlawyer

Rest In Peace

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/sesam ... r-AA16Jl6C
'Sesame Street' Co-Creator Lloyd Morrisett Has Died at 93 Years Old

Lloyd's death was confirmed by the Sesame Workshop, but no cause of death was announced along with the news. There were no indications that he was sick, at least in public view.

Along with the announcement of his death, Sesame Workshop also paid tribute to the immense legacy that Lloyd and the show he helped create has left behind.

"A wise, thoughtful, and above all kind leader of the Workshop for decades, Lloyd was fascinated by the power of technology and constantly thinking about new ways it could be used to educate," the Workshop tweeted.

Lloyd and Joan originally came up with the idea for Sesame Street in 1966, when they wondered whether they could find a way to use TV to help children.

Since the show first debuted, Sesame Street has established a legacy of helping kids tackle difficult subjects like death, racism, and addiction, and has become a staple of children's entertainment for many. Lloyd's efforts extended past Sesame Street. He was the president of the John and Mary R. Markle Foundation and spent time working to advance the field of teaching.

Lloyd earned a Ph.D. in experimental psychology from Yale in the 1950s, and worked throughout his career to improve our understanding of how children process information. He received a Kennedy Center Honor in 2019 alongside Joan for his work creating Sesame Street.

“Without Lloyd Morrisett, there would be no Sesame Street," Joan said in the tweet thread announcing his death. Following the news of his passing, many will undoubtedly reckon with the enormous legacy he left behind.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Rest In Peace

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235311854/
Gregory Allen Howard, ‘Remember the Titans’ and ‘Harriet’ Writer, Dies at 70
The screenwriter and producer, who also wrote 'Ali,' died following a short illness, according to his rep.

Gregory Allen Howard, who wrote Remember the Titans and was a producer and writer behind Harriet, died Friday. He was 70.

Howard died following a brief illness in Miami, his rep Jeff Sanderson told The Hollywood Reporter.

Howard, born on Jan. 28, 1952, in Norfolk, Virginia, moved to Los Angeles in the ’90s to pursue a career as a screenwriter. He started making a name for himself in the early 2000s, writing Boaz Yakin’s award-winning Remember the Titans, which starred Denzel Washington, Will Patton, Wood Harris and Donald Faison. Based on a true story, the film follows the story of Herman Boone, a new African American football coach as he trains a high school team during their first season as a racially integrated group.

He later earned a story-writing credit for Michael Mann’s Ali, the 2001 biopic of sports legend Muhammad Ali. The film, which was nominated for two Oscars, starred Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and Jon Voight.

In 2019, Howard brought a story he felt so passionate about to life — Kasi Lemmons’ Harriet — for which he wrote the screenplay and produced. He has previously said the story was over 20 years in the making after having studied Harriet Tubman as a history major at Princeton University. He remembered how her life spoke to him and inspired him to want to turn it into an action-adventure movie. At the red carpet premiere of Harriet, Howard told THR, “What I waited for more than anything else is for the whole industry to change. There needed to be the #OscarsSoWhite and [more] diversity in Hollywood. All that had to happen, because anybody who greenlighted this movie was risking their job and/or career.”

The film, which was nominated for two Oscars, starred Cynthia Erivo, Janelle Monáe and Leslie Odom Jr. When talking about what the movie meant to him, Howard said in a 2019 interview for Focus Features, “For me, this film is my valentine to Black women. I wanted them to be able to go to the movies on Saturday and see this young Black woman take on this incredible power structure and triumph over it.”

Howard had a number of projects in development, including The Magician, a biopic on quarterback Marlin “The Magician” Briscoe.

He is survived by his sister, Lynette Henley, brother Michael Henley, nieces, a nephew and grandchildren.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Annie Wersching Dies: Actress In ‘24’, ‘Bosch’ And ‘Timeless’ Was 45

https://deadline.com/2023/01/annie-wers ... 235243778/
Actress Annie Wersching, best known for her roles in the television shows 24, Bosch and Timeless, died of cancer early this morning. She was 45.

Wersching continued to shoot even after her 2020 diagnosis, with prominent roles in Star Trek: Picard as the Borg queen in Season 2, and The Rookie. She also voiced Tess in the popular The Last Of Us video game, which was adapted into a TV series by HBO.

Wersching’s husband, actor Stephen Full, issued a statement. “There is a cavernous hole in the soul of this family today. But she left us the tools to fill it. She found wonder in the simplest moment. She didn’t require music to dance. She taught us not to wait for adventure to find you. ‘Go find it. It’s everywhere.’ And find it we shall.

“As I drove our boys, the true loves of her life, down the winding driveway and street, she would yell BYE! until we were out of earshot and into the world. I can still hear it ringing. Bye my Buddie. ‘I love you little family…’ “

Jon Cassar, director and executive producer of 24, also paid tribute. “My heart is broken in more pieces than I can count. Annie came into my world with an open heart and a contagious smile. Brandishing such talent, she took my breath away. Annie became more than a workmate, she became a real friend to me, my family and every cast and crew member that worked with her. She’ll be truly missed by them and the fans she always found time to interact with. Annie you’ll be missed, you left your mark, and we’re all the better for it.”

Wersching was born and raised in St. Louis by parents Sandy and Frank. Her first major role was as Amelia Joffe on General Hospital. She went on to star as Renee Walker in Seasons 7 and 8 of 24. Wersching also did major stints in The Vampire Diaries, Runaways, Extant, Timeless, Bosch and The Rookie.

One of her final roles was in Season 2 of Star Trek: Picard exactly two decades after she made her screen acting debut in an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.

Survivors include her husband and children Freddie, 12; Ozzie, and Archie, 4.

A GoFundMe has been launched to support the family.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

RIP. So young.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Rest In Peace

Post by poplove »

Lisa Loring, 64. The original Wednesday Addams.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 235312488/
Dr. Ken

Rest In Peace

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Rest In Peace

Post by Frater I*I »

RIP Golden Jet... :(
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/television-t ... 702e82d7bd

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cindy Williams, who played Shirley opposite Penny Marshall’s Laverne on the popular sitcom “Laverne & Shirley,” has died, her family said Monday.

Williams died in Los Angeles at age 75 on Wednesday after a brief illness, her children, Zak and Emily Hudson, said in a statement released through family spokeswoman Liza Cranis.

“The passing of our kind, hilarious mother, Cindy Williams, has brought us insurmountable sadness that could never truly be expressed,” the statement said. “Knowing and loving her has been our joy and privilege. She was one of a kind, beautiful, generous and possessed a brilliant sense of humor and a glittering spirit that everyone loved.”

Williams also starred in director George Lucas’ 1973 film “American Graffiti” and director Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Conversation” from 1974.

But she was by far best known for “Laverne & Shirley,” the “Happy Days” spinoff that ran on ABC from 1976 to 1983 that in its prime was among the most popular shows on TV. [/quote]

RIP
Kendra

Rest In Peace

Post by Kendra »

:( That is sad, I loved Laverne and Shirley (silly as it was), but my best memory is American Graffitti. Might have to queue it up for a rewatch soon.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235317335/
Melinda Dillon, who received supporting Oscar nominations for her turns in Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Absence of Malice and portrayed the doting mom in the holiday perennial A Christmas Story, died Jan. 9, her family announced. She was 83.

Right out of the gate, Dillon earned a Tony nomination and Theatre World award in 1963 for her debut performance on Broadway as the childlike wife Honey in the original production of Edward Albee‘s Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Later, the Arkansas native played two characters opposite David Carradine — Woody Guthrie’s first wife, Mary, and a dark-haired folk singer named Memphis Sue — in the biopic Bound for Glory (1976), directed by Hal Ashby; was a lesbian hockey wife in George Roy Hill’s Slap Shot (1977); and portrayed John Lithgow’s wife in the family film Harry and the Hendersons (1987).
RVInit

Rest In Peace

Post by RVInit »

:cry:
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

Not necessarily RIP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituari ... ent-death/
Pervez Musharraf, the Pakistani army general who seized power in 1999 and ruled the Muslim-majority nation for nine tumultuous years before being forced from power, died Feb. 5 in Dubai, where he lived in exile while undergoing medical treatment. He was 79.

Return to “General Stuff”