Rest In Peace

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Rest In Peace

Post by RTH10260 »

Texas attorney shot by Cheney during 2006 hunting trip dies

JAMIE STENGLE
Tue, February 7, 2023 at 2:08 AM GMT+1

Harry Whittington, the man who former Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot while they were hunting quail on a Texas ranch 17 years ago, has died. He was 95.

Whittington died at his home Saturday in Austin, family friend Karl Rove said Monday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-attorn ... 50830.html
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Rest In Peace

Post by keith »

Next "sudden death" antivax poster boy?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dr. Ken

Rest In Peace

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Rest In Peace

Post by neonzx »

Burt Bacharach, master of pop songwriting, dies aged 94
Singer and performer, who had 73 Top 40 hits in the US and 52 in the UK, died at home in Los Angeles of natural causes
Burt Bacharach, the songwriter and performer who turned easy listening into high art, has died aged 94. A representative for Bacharach confirmed to the Washington Post that the singer died at home in Los Angeles of natural causes.

In all, he scored 73 Top 40 hits in the US and 52 in the UK.

Born in Kansas City, Missouri, in 1928 and raised in New York, Bacharach would sneak into jazz clubs underage to hear performers such as Count Basie and Dizzy Gillespie, while immersing himself in the work of composers such as Stravinsky and Ravel. He was classically trained at schools in Montreal, New York and California, and, following a spell in the US army, he became a piano accompanist to musicians, including Vic Damone, the Ames Brothers and his first wife, Paula Stewart. He also worked as an arranger and conductor for Marlene Dietrich when she toured Europe in the late 50s and early 60s.

Bacharach’s songwriting breakthrough came in 1957, when he met lyricist Hal David at New York pop powerhouse the Brill Building. They scored back to back UK No 1s with two of their earliest songs, The Story of My Life by Marty Robbins (Michael Holliday in the UK hit version) and Magic Moments by Perry Como. :snippity:
Here is one of songs we all know...

B.J. Thomas "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" on The Ed Sullivan Show

R.I.P. good dude
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Rest In Peace

Post by Luke »

Burt was incredible and the nicest guy. For a long, long time, he was the #1 royalty receiver from the composers union for all those elevator plays and covers. I saw him a lot, he was very close of course with Dionne Warwick and she was Whitney Houston's "aunt". (It actually was that Dionne's Mom and Whitney's Mom Cissy were sisters so they were first cousins.) Here's a really fun clip with Burt from 1958:
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m

In honor of the iconic #BurtBacharach, here's an incredible clip from 1958 on #MervGriffin's classic game show, PLAY YOUR HUNCH.

Mr. X, Mr. Y & Mr. Z are Jerry Leiber, Burt Bacharach, & Norman Gimbel. See if you can guess who's who. Features: "Hound Dog"

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Volkonski »

Comics Kingdom

Dear friends and fans of Chris Browne,
It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Chris Browne, the talented and beloved cartoonist behind the popular comic strip "Hagar the Horrible." Chris was a master storyteller who brought joy and laughter to millions of people through his work. His unique humor and wit will be greatly missed.
We take pride in Chris's incredible legacy and are grateful for the impact he had on the world of comic strips. His talent and creativity inspired countless artists and entertained generations.
At the same time, we feel a deep sense of remorse that such a talented individual is no longer with us. Chris's death is a loss not only for his family and friends, but for the entire comic strip community.
We would like to extend our heartfelt condolences to Chris's loved ones during this difficult time. His memory will live on through the laughter and joy he brought to so many people.
Rest in peace, Chris Browne. You will always be remembered and deeply missed.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

Raquel Welch.
Actress Raquel Welch has died at the age of 82, according to multiple reports.

Welch "passed away peacefully early this morning after a brief illness," her manager Steve Sauer confirmed to People on Wednesday.

TMZ also cited family members and said Welch died after a brief illness.

RIP
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Rest In Peace

Post by Gregg »

Another sudden vaccine death. People dropping like flies for no reason!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pjhimself

Rest In Peace

Post by pjhimself »

Gregg wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:08 pm Another sudden vaccine death. People dropping like flies for no reason!
Thanks for the clarification
Kendra

Rest In Peace

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:23 pm Raquel Welch.
Actress Raquel Welch has died at the age of 82, according to multiple reports.

Welch "passed away peacefully early this morning after a brief illness," her manager Steve Sauer confirmed to People on Wednesday.

TMZ also cited family members and said Welch died after a brief illness.

RIP
Quite a career she had. The Three Musketeers is still my favorite of her performances.

Trailer:

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Rest In Peace

Post by poplove »

I loved her in the Kansas City Bomber. I was a huge Roller Derby fan and was so impressed that she did her own stunts.

My 1975 Halloween costume:
► Show Spoiler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

Cute!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
humblescribe
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by humblescribe »

Saw somewhere where Stella Stevens died. I think she was 81 or 82.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Volkonski
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Volkonski »

Stella Stevens, 'Nutty Professor' Actress and '60s Hollywood Bombshell, Dead at 84: 'OG of Badass Women'

https://people.com/movies/stella-stevens-dies-at-84/
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Slim Cognito »

poplove wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:10 pm I loved her in the Kansas City Bomber. I was a huge Roller Derby fan and was so impressed that she did her own stunts.

► Show Spoiler
Love it!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Rest In Peace

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Way to go, poplove!!! Great costume.

My favorite Raquel movie was The Three Musketeers too, also. I think that movie is the definitive one. Raquel was fabulously beautiful and funny. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Rest In Peace

Post by Gregg »

poplove wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:10 pm I loved her in the Kansas City Bomber. I was a huge Roller Derby fan and was so impressed that she did her own stunts.

► Show Spoiler
:yeahthat:

Loved that movie.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RVInit

Rest In Peace

Post by RVInit »

poplove, that is a great costume, and you look so gorgeous in it! Love it.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

Rest In Peace

Post by Dr. Ken »

Richard Belzer. Best known as Detective John Munch on law and order SVU and Homicide: Life on the Street

Dr. Ken

Rest In Peace

Post by Dr. Ken »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

RIP.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Rest In Peace

Post by Frater I*I »

RIP Sonny Forelli
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Rest In Peace

Post by RVInit »

:( RIP
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
jcolvin2
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by jcolvin2 »

RIP Wayne Shorter, jazz saxophonist extrodinaire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Shorter
Kendra

Rest In Peace

Post by Kendra »

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... blue-dies/
Patti Hammond, known to many as the Seattle Seahawks’ No. 1 fan, died Saturday evening at her home in Shoreline. She was 92.

“It is with great sadness and very heavy hearts that as a family we share that our beloved mom, grandma, great-grandma, great-great grandma, aunt, cousin, friend, and number 1 Seattle Seahawks fan, Patti Hammond, took her last and final breath in her Shoreline, WA home surrounded by family this evening,” read a family statement made on her Facebook page.

Hammond, a sideline fixture easily spotted among fans in her elaborate blue wig, feather boa and sparkly blue and green specs, was a season-ticket holder since the 1976 inaugural season and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999 for her fandom, along with fans from other NFL teams.

In 2007, she was the first Seahawks fan to raise the 12 flag before kickoff; she was selected as the first Seahawks Fan of the Year in 2020, the same year she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Return to “General Stuff”