Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rest In Peace

Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Rest In Peace

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I did not know he was a Trumper.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meat-loaf-dies-at-74

:snippity:
No cause of death was confirmed, but TMZ reported that Meat Loaf—whose real name was Marvin Lee Aday—died after falling “seriously ill” with COVID-19 in recent weeks. According to the site, he canceled a business meeting this week for a planned reality show named after his hit “I’d Do Anything for Love (but I Won’t Do That).”

Meat Loaf’s daughter Pearl Aday posted on Instagram on Jan. 7 ago that several of her friends and family had recently tested positive. “We are not sick, but we have too many friends and family testing positive right now, positive but doing ok,” she wrote. “Thank their respect for science that they’re all vaxxed, otherwise they’d be way worse.”

The singer’s vaccine status isn’t known, but TMZ reported that he had recently spoken out against planned vaccine mandates in Australia.

The Daily Beast reached out to his manager, Michael Greene for comment on his cause of death.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:59 am Louie Anderson, 68.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/loui ... 235159674/
Well, dang. Since Louie was a home town boy, we would hear more news about him here in the Twin Cities. Just yesterday I heard that he was battling cancer. I enjoyed his stand up comedy. (His stint on Family Feud, not so much.)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Meatloaf belongs in the Covidiots thread, not here. He was a dickhead antivax Covid denier that died of... Covid.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I like thinking of it this way (and from what I'm hearing, brace yourselves for Tim Curry, not imminent but he's been sick for a long time):

Meatloaf and DL2XIT were good friends, Meat was on his TV show. Rocky Horror was one of my first gigs as a producer, ran into Meat often over the years. He's one of my Dad's favorites. Damn shame it was over COVID and probably avoidable (see below, antivaxxer).
Trump calls Meat Loaf a ‘great guy’ despite rift over run for president
By DAVE GOLDINER NEW YORK DAILY NEWS JAN 21, 2022 AT 10:45 AM

Former President Trump had only kind words for Meat Loaf Friday even though the pair had a hot-and-cold relationship dating back to the late rocker’s appearance on “Celebrity Apprentice.” Trump called Meat Loaf a “great guy” who livened up the 2011 edition of the reality show that helped him. solidify his TV brand. “He was smart, talented, open, and warm. His success was enormous — we all loved him,” Trump said in an email statement. “Meat Loaf will be greatly missed!”

Meat Loaf died overnight at 74. Trump made no mention of his reported falling out with Meat Loaf over the then-outrageous idea that the real estate mogul turned TV star might one day make a White House run. Meat Loaf agreed with Trump in a 2011 episode of Celebrity Apprentice when the host and future president brashly suggested “everybody is saying I should run for president.” “Absolutely (you should run),” Meat Loaf said as the reality show cameras rolled. “Now, you would definitely vote for me?” Trump responded. “I would vote for you. In fact, I’ll help you with your campaign,” Meat Loaf replied.

But Meat Loaf had a slight change of heart once he wasn’t under the glare of the bright lights. When asked about a Trump run by a reporter, the singer suggested a few months later that he wasn’t 100% behind the future MAGA man. “I answered honestly, ‘Well, he’s not running for president,” Meat Loaf recalled in a 2020 interview with The Express. “But if I was president I would see if I couldn’t get him to ... give me advice on finances and the economy.”

The flip-flop angered the thin-skinned Trump, who confronted Meat Loaf about it backstage at the Emmy Awards. “You don’t think I would make a good president?” Trump demanded, according to the late rocker. Meat Loaf said he refused to back down to the future president. "I‘m really not afraid of him,” he said.
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politi ... story.html
Conspiracy theorists think Meat Loaf died from COVID booster—don’t realize he was against vaccine mandates
There's a huge problem with their logic.
David Covucci David Covucci Tech Published Jan 21, 2022

Ever since the mass distribution of COVID-19 vaccines in April 2021, every celebrity death has become a hotbed of online speculation over how that may have been what killed them. Conspiracy theorists on far-flung forums and mainstream social slights logged on and announced that Betty White just got boosted before she passed away, that Bob Saget must have had a dose that did him in.

This morning, news broke that legendary rock singer Meat Loaf passed away. And instantly, the internet’s most conspiratorial thinkers jumped on the possibility that it was the COVID booster shot that did him in. On Telegram and Twitter, people posted with certainty that the vaccine they’re so adamantly against was behind his death.There’s only one problem with that logic. Meat Loaf appeared to be on their side. According to TMZ, which broke the news of Meat Loaf’s death, he was stridently against vaccine mandates.

Not only did he share Van Morrison and Eric Clapton’s anti-lockdown anthem on Facebook, he reportedly spoke out against vaccine mandates, TMZ said. In an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette recently, he also pushed COVID-skeptical sentiments. He called a flight attendant a “Nazi” for requiring a mask on a flight, and said that “if I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled.” He did add that he was terrified of the disease but did not state if he was vaccinated.

According to TMZ, he died of COVID after falling severely ill with the disease. While it’s still possible for vaccinated adults to die from COVID, vaccines do reduce the chance of death greatly.
Daily Dot is a good site to keep an eye on. https://www.dailydot.com/debug/meat-loa ... ine-death/

Nice story about Louie and a hilarious Today Show clip, didn't know anything about this show -
He earned late-career acclaim for his role on "Baskets" as Christine Baskets, mother to twins played by Zach Galifianakis. He received three consecutive Emmy nominations for his performance, winning in 2016.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lo ... -rcna13066

Video (really funny with Al Roker and Craig Melvin) https://www.today.com/video/louie-ander ... 2310981646
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I didnt become a Louie Anderson fan until 'Baskets'. I fell into adoration. He was brilliant in that series.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:47 am Yeah, his Trumpiness meant he was dead to me. Was he really that big?
In his day. Lately, not so much.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Flatearth debunker, 1st Amendment Auditor critic, SovCit critic on YouTube Schrodinger's Cat has suddenly passed away. He had been in Mississippi or Louisiana doing work on USN submarines.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:02 pm Flatearth debunker, 1st Amendment Auditor critic, SovCit critic on YouTube Schrodinger's Cat has suddenly passed away. He had been in Mississippi or Louisiana doing work on USN submarines.

:shock: :crying:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:33 am Meatloaf belongs in the Covidiots thread, not here. He was a dickhead antivax Covid denier that died of... Covid.
and now he is with herman
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:31 pm I like thinking of it this way
Yeah, me too. A friend asked me if I had BooH on high rotation today, and I told him no, as much as I like BooH, if I'm listening to Meat, I'm listening to Rocky.
(and from what I'm hearing, brace yourselves for Tim Curry, not imminent but he's been sick for a long time):
Yeah, I'm surprised he's still hanging in there Frank(nfurter)ly.

He's been wheelchair bound for years after a really bad stroke.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:32 am https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/21/meat-loa ... social-twa
Meat Loaf -- the singer with some monstrous hits -- has died at the age of 74.
I love his music. I loved him in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. RIP.
My husband and I saw him on his "Bat out of Hell 2: Back into Hell" tour (the album with "I'd Do Anything for Love") and it was honestly one of the best concerts I've ever been to - even better than a couple of the Rush shows I've been to. He was a Hel of a showman. Many of his songs have a theatrical feel to them, and while he wasn't like acting out scenes, etc., he still managed to bring that theatrical feel to the concert stage. He also spent several minutes talking about how after "Bat out of Hell" his next few albums didn't do nearly as well, so he wanted to express how grateful he was to the audience for giving him a second chance with "Bat out of Hell 2." His comments were incredibly gracious and heartfelt, and it was an incredibly moving moment.

I had a special fondness for him for another reason, too - his "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" was the first song someone ever asked me to slow dance to. As a large and awkward teenager who never got much positive attention from anyone, that was a big moment for me. :)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I've seen several references lately to "Herman" - generally when someone's death or potential death is being mentioned. Who or what is Herman?

Thanks!
Lani

Post by Lani »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:49 am I've seen several references lately to "Herman" - generally when someone's death or potential death is being mentioned. Who or what is Herman?

Thanks!
Herman Cain Award. Meatloaf just received it.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:24 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:02 pm Flatearth debunker, 1st Amendment Auditor critic, SovCit critic on YouTube Schrodinger's Cat has suddenly passed away. He had been in Mississippi or Louisiana doing work on USN submarines.

:shock: :crying:
Oh no! I love his YouTube videos and streams. :crying: :crying: :brokenheart:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Lani wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:54 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:49 am I've seen several references lately to "Herman" - generally when someone's death or potential death is being mentioned. Who or what is Herman?

Thanks!
Herman Cain Award. Meatloaf just received it.
more at the link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain_Award
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Thousands Gather to Mourn an Officer Who ‘Made a Difference’
Officer Jason Rivera, who was fatally shot while responding to a 911 call one week ago, is being remembered at St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
Remembering Officer Rivera, the new police commissioner offered a potent eulogy.

With thousands of police officers from New York to California outside, the funeral service for Officer Jason Rivera, who was shot and killed last week in Harlem, began on Friday morning at St. Patrick’s Cathedral with a solemn homily and moving reflections that recalled Officer Rivera's dreams of making a meaningful change on the force.

Commissioner Keechant Sewell described Officer Rivera’s infectious spirit and deep effect on those around him.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/01/28 ... ra-funeral

His wife spoke and said they'd had an argument before he went to work, heartbreakingly sad
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Howard Hesseman, 81, played Dr. Johnny Fever on WKRP.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/howard ... 235167152/
Image Image Image Image
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

aw

RIP

Dr. Johnny Fever
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Forty years later, Dr. Johnny Fever is still one of the coolest dudes on the teevee.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

For whatever reason, Johnny’s foray into normalville -buying a house in Frankly My Deer Park - has stuck with me. :lol:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

There is a real suburb in Cincinnati called Deer Park, so it was kiind of an inside joke.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “General Stuff”