Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rest In Peace

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Re: Rest In Peace

Post by poplove »

Nooooooooo!!!! :cry:
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

What a sad end to this year. I was just reading yesterday about Betty's big 100th birthday movie/celebration on Jan. 17.

:brokenheart: :crying:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:crying:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:crying: :brokenheart:

Betty White was exactly one month older than my mother, who died not quite five years ago. I was hoping Betty would make it to 100. Dang, but I liked her!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:crying:

I really thought and hoped she would make it to 100. She will be missed.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Not sure if it's a good omen or bad for the coming year, but I dreamed last night she had died. It was so real I woke my husband up to ask if it was true and we talked about her for a few minutes.
tek

Post by tek »

Aw man...

Quote in one of today's stories about her life:
And when asked how she had managed to be universally beloved during her decades-spanning career, she summed up with a dimpled smile: “I just make it my business to get along with people so I can have fun. It’s that simple.”
Words to live by.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That's amazing, Sugar!

Cloris, Ed, Gavin, now Betty. We'll be watching some Mary Tyler Moore & Golden Girls tonight (GG is on Disney+ we heard, we have the MTM boxed DVD sets). Thank you Betty. :(

Her 100th Birthday movie will still be released 1/17:
Betty White: 100 Years Young – a Birthday Celebration
IN THEATERS MON, JAN 17

Betty White: 100 Years Young – a Birthday Celebration
Statement from the producers of Betty White: 100 Years Young, Steve Boettcher and Mike Trinklein: Our hearts mourn today with the passing of Betty White. During the many years we worked with her, we developed a great love and admiration for Betty as a person, and as an accomplished entertainer. We are thankful for the many decades of delight she brought to everyone. Betty always said she was the "luckiest broad on two feet” to have had a career as long as she did. And honestly, we were the lucky ones to have had her for so long.

We will go forward with our plans to show the film on January 17 in hopes our film will provide a way for all who loved her to celebrate her life—and experience what made her such a national treasure.

The celebration of America’s sweetheart includes her star-studded cast of friends including Ryan Reynolds, Tina Fey, Robert Redford, Lin Manuel- Miranda, Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Jay Leno, Carol Burnett, Craig Ferguson, Jimmy Kimmel, Valerie Bertinelli, James Corden, Wendie Malick, and Jennifer Love Hewitt.

You’ll experience Betty's funniest moments on The Golden Girls, hosting SNL, Hot in Cleveland, The Proposal, The Mary Tyler Moore Show—and a lost episode from Betty’s very first sitcom. Plus Betty reveals inside stories of her amazing life and career.
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/Bet ... Lt2wAGhQgk

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Wow. Even I know who she was. Well, a little. What a life she had! :shock:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

It had to happen today. Betty knew we are all looking forward to 2022, and this would have ruined it.

That’s Betty. Always thinking of others 💕💕

RIP
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Don’t go to that Great Awakening sewer. The QMorons are talking about our Betty in ways you wont like.

“oh, sure, she ‘died in her sleep’ 17 days before her birthday. WHAT a coincidence”

I guess 17 is a significant number to them.

Frikkin crazy, they are.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:41 pm Don’t go to that Great Awakening sewer. The QMorons are talking about our Betty in ways you wont like.

“oh, sure, she ‘died in her sleep’ 17 days before her birthday. WHAT a coincidence”

I guess 17 is a significant number to them.

Frikkin crazy, they are.
That is odd. It’s not like she was 99 or elderly or anything.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

No, obviously SHE TIMED IT to send a signal to the far left end of the IQ bell curve.

That's what famous people do, y'know. They do stuff like that. :whistle:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:41 pm I guess 17 is a significant number to them.
The 17th letter of the alphabet is Q, of course. Otherwise she could have been allowed to live until mañana.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:o :o NO! NO! NO!

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:55 pm Wow. Even I know who she was. Well, a little. What a life she had! :shock:
Foggy, Betty would understand you know far more about the titular Mama June than her, but she'd still love you! You both love animals. :P Here's Betty in a fun interview in 1964, her TV show Life With Elizabeth started as a live show in 1950!

Forgot all about this -- after Bea Arthur had had enough of Golden Girls, the rest of the cast (and Cheech Martin) did one season of a show called Golden Palace. Hulu is going to start streaming it (they have GG, not Disney+), but all 24 episodes are on YouTube. So here's some Betty White probably most of us haven't seen. Pilot starts with moving out of the iconic house --

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

:lovestruck:
Attachments
A76A38DF-BE6B-4346-BD05-25155C99E0CE.jpeg
A76A38DF-BE6B-4346-BD05-25155C99E0CE.jpeg (179.5 KiB) Viewed 560 times
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Classic beauty
Classic beauty
C7B73A1E-DC5F-4BA7-A627-35947E0CD461.jpeg (269.33 KiB) Viewed 547 times
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Desmond Tutu and Joan Didion were loss enough. Now Betty White. :brokenheart: :cry:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RIP Betty, you were the best and what a life well lived :bighug: :lovestruck:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Classically beautiful women, if they don't mess themselves up with plastic surgery, stay classically beautiful. And she did. My mother was like that. She was an absolutely stunning woman, looked like a Hollywood movie star, and you could see it no matter her age, even when she died at 94. These stars, who think they have to stay forever young by having plastic surgery to be forever beautiful, never age beautifully. I was just reading an article on Nicole Kidman a few days ago, thinking she's not going to age well.

Okay, off topic, but I've been feeling sad all day today. There aren't nearly enough of us like Betty White, and I don't mean her classical beauty.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

She made it.png
She made it.png (47 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Andy-

My mother was a classic beauty also too. She never had cosmetic surgery and was still beautiful at 85 when she died.

I hope your spirits lift soon. :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “General Stuff”