Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rest In Peace

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Rest In Peace

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

FORTI!!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MisterC

Post by MisterC »

My maternal grandmother passed away peacefully this afternoon. She was the last of my grandparents and outlived the previous three by a good 30 years.

She hasn't had the easiest life to say the least. She's had abusive partners (my maternal grandfather was extremely domineering, to the point she had to take her driver's license in secret; later he left her for his much younger secretary...), a bit too much alcohol at the times, and other ills, but she made it to 88 this August, and has been blessed with children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, all of whom were able to visit her in the past few days.

She's been in a decline lately, confusing people and places, and she had a bad fall two weeks ago, that resulted in a broken ankle and tibia. Her recovery from surgery was slow and labored (it took nearly a full day to recover from the anesthetic, and it was 50/50 if she would wake up), and this past weekend the doctors advised her that they'd probably have to amputate the leg, as the blood circulation was extremely poor. She eventually declined the surgery, saying she would prefer to return to her nursing home, accepting that she would most likely die from sepsic shock. The staff at the nursing home kept her topped up on morphine, and she was awake and somewhat responsive for the first two days, before becoming completely unresponsive yesterday.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I'm sorry for your loss, MisterC.
Image Image Image Image
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

MisterC :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Sad day. :(

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

MisterC wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:43 pm My maternal grandmother passed away peacefully this afternoon. She was the last of my grandparents and outlived the previous three by a good 30 years.
May you find solace in this time of grief. I envy you the time with your grandparents. I'm a bit older, my grandfathers on both sides passed in Belleau Woods and grandmothers before I was born. I don't know what I missed but I believe it was important.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hi Forti!
I had a crush on Tommy Kirk. Little did I know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Sorry for your loss, MisterC. Hugs to you and your family.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
MisterC

Post by MisterC »

Thank you for your kind comments everyone :bighug:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

MisterC wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:40 am Thank you for your kind comments everyone :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

So sorry for your loss, RIP Grandma... :bighug:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Deservedly former Congress critter & unrepentant dumbass Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin, 74.

https://apnews.com/article/former-rep-t ... 7e04c44ca4
Image Image Image Image
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Dr. Lonnie Smith died last week at 79.

Underappreciated jazz artist with a long play list crossing several decades.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Lars Vilks: Muhammad cartoonist killed in traffic collision

Swedish artist Lars Vilks, who sketched the Prophet Muhammad's head on a dog's body, has died in a traffic accident.

Vilks was reported to be travelling in a civilian police vehicle which collided with a truck near the town of Markaryd in southern Sweden.

Investigators said the collision, which also killed two police bodyguards, showed no signs of foul play.

The 75-year-old artist had been living under police protection after receiving death threats over the cartoon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58783998
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Ndakasi, beloved mountain gorilla whose photobomb led to global fame, dies in caretaker’s arms
Ndakasi.jpeg
Ndakasi.jpeg (33.05 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Ndakasi, a mountain gorilla in the Democratic Republic of Congo who found global fame and admiration after she photobombed a park ranger’s selfie in 2019, has died at the age of 14.

The Virunga National Park said in a statement Tuesday that Ndakasi died on Sept. 26 after battling a prolonged illness and “took her final breath in the loving arms of her caretaker and lifelong friend, Andre Bauma.” The statement is accompanied by a photo of Bauma, who befriended the gorilla when she was just 2 months old, holding Ndakasi shortly before her death at the park’s Senkwekwe Center, where she had lived for about 12 years.

“It is with heartfelt sadness that Virunga announces the death of beloved orphaned mountain gorilla, Ndakasi,” the park tweeted, adding that her condition “rapidly deteriorated.” The park did not specify her illness.

Bauma, who was not made available for an interview, said in a statement that it was “a privilege to support and care for such a loving creature.”
“It was Ndakasi’s sweet nature and intelligence that helped me to understand the connection between humans and Great Apes and why we should do everything in our power to protect them,” he said. “I am proud to have called Ndakasi my friend.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... lfie-dies/

RIP Ndakasi :cry:
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235029905/
Ruthie Tompson, Legend of Disney Animation, Dies at 111
Her first feature was 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,' and she was one of the first women to be admitted into the Hollywood camera union.

Ruthie Tompson, who spent four decades at The Walt Disney Co. working on animated features, virtually every one from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs through The Rescuers, has died. She was 111.

As supervisor of the scene-planning department at Disney Studios, Tompson helped to establish the camera mechanics used to photograph animated scenes and background art onto film. That expertise earned her a pioneering invitation to join the International Photographers Union in 1952.

“After I got into scene planning, that was the part where I felt like I was really a part of the institution because I was helping the animators and I was helping the background painters,” she said.

As Bob Broughton, former Disney supervisor of special photographic effects, later recalled: “Ruthie was mechanically inclined. She was excellent at figuring out the mathematical and mechanical logistics of camera moves.”

“Mickey Mouse and I grew up together,” she often said.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This is amazing.

ET Canada @ETCanada
Fans are calling for #JamieCosta to star in a new #RobinWilliams biopic after the actor and comedian’s incredible 5-minute video impression of the late Academy Award-winner went insanely viral

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Betty Lynn, who played Thelma Lou on The Andy Griffith Show. She was 95.

:brokenheart:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The Hill -
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell died on Monday at the age of 84 due to complications from COVID-19, his family announced in a statement.

The family said the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff had been fully vaccinated and was receiving treatment at Walter Reed National Medical Center.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:33 am Betty Lynn, who played Thelma Lou on The Andy Griffith Show. She was 95.

:brokenheart:
Mayberry times were not all bucolic.
Lynn had little personal contact with her father, who once reportedly threatened to shoot her mother in the abdomen when she was pregnant. After Lynn's birth, her mother once took shelter in a locked closet with the baby as her husband threatened the two. They divorced when Lynn was 5 years old. Lynn's grandfather, George Andrew Lynn, a railroad engineer, took on the role of father as she grew up.

Return to “General Stuff”