Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Inflation Nation

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Inflation Nation

Post by raison de arizona »

Boy, it would sure be nice to have the five empty seats on the Federal Reserve board filled at a time like this, yes?

This is why we can't have nice things.

NEW: Every single Republican senator refused to show up to their jobs on the Banking and Housing committee to consider President Biden's Federal Reserve nominees. The committee could not conduct business because there was not a quorum.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Inflation Nation

Post by Phoenix520 »

How do we let them hijack everydam thing?

Tell y’all what, we need a Fogbow Citizens Posse that Congressional Dems can hire when it’s just too damn much for them to get the fascists to do their damn jobs, already. Again.

I know the maître d’ at the Four Seasons restaurant (dated in high school). He can tell us when an influential pol has booked the private room. We gather the team and spring into action.

First we send LM K and Orlylicious in to sweet talk them with facts, reason, and psychology. That won’t work, of course, they’re Republicans. So we send in Foggy, Woodworker, and Gregg (flanked by the Fighting WeinerDogs): The Persuaders. I don’t need to tell you how ugly that might get. You’ve seen these guys in verbal action.

The Puppers will be hungry, as Gregg won’t have given them their pupperoni rations for a couple of days. There may be ankle-biting involved. It won’t be pretty but it will be highly entertaining.

If, somehow, they still aren’t persuaded…

In marches filly
to bitch-slap them silly
while mocking their competence manhood
in a soft Texas drawl.

“The climate is indeed changing, boys. Your days are done.” As she exits, a withering epithet thrown over her shoulder, Sugar enters with cookies and finishes them off, in her own, inimitable way.

Permanent Republican Rule, my ass!!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:clap:

Awesome!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Not filly. :yikes:

Have mercy! :lol:

She'll destroy them! :whistle:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Dan Price @DanPriceSeattle wrote: Colgate-Palmolive: "we are forced to raise prices," and high-end toothpaste will be $10 a tube

Also Colgate: We increased stock buybacks for investors and execs by 50% last year to over $1 billion, our revenue is at record highs and our CEO makes $14.4M
:snippity:
In an interview with Reuters, Cicilline cited Colgate as an example of a company touting price hikes, making basic items too costly, and paying out more to investors.

Colgate expects its margins to widen this year, due in part to higher prices. It also bought back almost 50% more shares last year, a boon for investors.

Raising prices is a "key capability" for Colgate that will help drive profit growth
, Wallace said last week.
https://www.reuters.com/business/retail ... 022-03-01/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Guess that's just inflation, nothing we can do about it.

Gas prices have been hit too:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

According to the lpinion of a small busiess owner in NYC he considers the city essentially dead since the covid lockdowns. Many SMBs had to close and nobody is taking their place. Workers have not been returning after their employers sent them home. Real estate owners in his area of the city are still asking for exorbitant prices for office space and no business is taking up the empty space. So no workdrs, so noone who woulg go shopping at the shops. No workers means no restaurants open.

Apart that this small business owner is complaining that the city bureaucracy is strangling them. Seems that with the lockdowns the number of employees actual performing their duty is as much as nonexistant. Fexcept that computdr systems are automatically sending out bills, then reminders then threats to close the business down, cause no worker ever processed his cheque. And noone answers the phone, or when answered incompetent to pursue and solve the issue.
raison de arizona

I'd like to say at least he recognizes it as a global issue, but then he goes and ruins it by still managing to blame the whole thing on Biden.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Reschenthaler blames Biden for global inflation and says the US exporting inflation
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Inflation, gas prices, food, etc. I just went to put $10 gas in my vehicle. A northern redneck with a monster-sized truck with "Biden Lost" and Trump 2024 was filling his gas guzzling murder vehicle next to me. Offhandedly, he says to me, "Ridiculous, right?" Referring to the over $5.10 gallon price. He offered me a sticker of Joe Biden and the captain "I Did That". I took it, and then walked to his pump and ripped the one he had placed there and went back to my vehicle. Not sure I heard it correctly it it sounded like he called me a fuckn' libtard.

People who make little will once again bear the bent of this all and mostly will be okay. We'll go to Dollar General and deep discount stores and eat more boxed Mac n Cheese. It's not like we will miss our Shrimp Cocktail and organic meat and eggs. It's not like we ever had that much disposable income, if any. I have some good recipes for Inflation meals, like Hobo Beans (Which is good if you don't have to eat it because of lack of $.

Guys like the fucker in a Monster truck DESERVE to have less disposable income which may cut down on his gun and ammo hoarding. I try to be positive.
raison de arizona

Patagoniagirl wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:07 pm He offered me a sticker of Joe Biden and the captain "I Did That". I took it, and then walked to his pump and ripped the one he had placed there and went back to my vehicle. Not sure I heard it correctly it it sounded like he called me a fuckn' libtard.
Those are ubiquitous out here. So asinine. I noticed Costco employees out at the pumps yesterday in hi-viz gear ($5.75 for premium, Circle K across the street was selling regular for $5.69.) Anyway, I digress. I suppose the employees' official job was to help people who couldn't figure out how to turn the pump on? Or something? But all I saw them doing was walking pump to pump after people left ripping off those stupid stickers. By my count, at least 1 out of 3 people pasted one on the pump. Idiots.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I drove by Costco and saw that the lines did not block the roads. So I got in line. $5.59, totaled a little over $70. :shock:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona

I suppose it's obvious, but this is a nice little explainer on why Republicans are blocking any inflation relief measures. tl;dr It's in their best interest politically, and that is more important to them than relieving the problem. In fact, it serves Republican interests to exacerbate inflation problems as much as possible leading into the mid-term elections, which is what they are doing.
The GOP keeps slamming Biden over inflation, but it has no solutions to offer
The party not in power blames always blames the party in power for problems, but inflation isn't a game to Americans.

Republicans want you to believe that inflation in the United States is not part of a global problem but is 100% President Joe Biden’s fault.

Just check out their recent over-the-top rhetoric. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., has blamed Biden for “creating raging inflation.” In a tweet, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, called inflation “#BidenFlation,” saying it was caused by Biden’s policies. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., even made a speech on the Senate floor last week focused on inflation, in which he detailed the rising prices of goods, gas, etc., all leading to the crescendo that it was Biden and the Democrats' fault.

What the GOP has left out of all its speeches, television appearances and tweets slamming Biden is even a hint of a proposal to reduce prices.

But what the GOP has left out of all its speeches, television appearances and tweets slamming Biden is even a hint of a proposal to reduce prices. Even worse than the GOP not having a plan of its own, though, is Republicans’ determination to block Biden’s efforts to help Americans. They’ve opposed his agenda to lower child care costs, create affordable housing and more. Biden made that very point in his June 14 speech about his plans to address inflation, in which he declared that “Republicans in Congress are doing everything they can to stop my plans to bring down costs on ordinary families.”
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi ... t-n1296477
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The Democrats ought to slam the message that the former guy increased the national debt, cause apart of the pandemic induced problems its largely the origin. Plus issues of the world economics that noone can steer.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Oof.

I just had to start job hunting as of Sunday, and am finding the suggested salaries really hard to make sense of and have no idea what I should even be asking. Pandemic and inflation has really scrambled the baseline.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:07 pm Guys like the fucker in a Monster truck DESERVE to have less disposable income which may cut down on his gun and ammo hoarding. I try to be positive.
It would be tempting to tell him that I sympathize with his sad plight as that meany Biden is making it hard to pay for his penis substitute.

Big tough man whines big when times get a little bumpy.
101010 :towel:
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

REPUBLICANS: The president isn't doing enough about the cost of gas!
JOE BIDEN: Okay, let's temporarily suspend gas taxes.
ALSO REPUBLICANS: Dead on arrival!

And as was pointed out:

BIG BUSINESS: We have to raise prices because of increased costs!
ALSO BIG BUSINESS: We made 14 billion dollars and are buying back stock and executive salaries!

The train is already off the rails at this point. Nothing left to do but watch the disaster unfold.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:43 pm REPUBLICANS: The president isn't doing enough about the cost of gas!
JOE BIDEN: Okay, let's temporarily suspend gas taxes.
ALSO REPUBLICANS: Dead on arrival!
Oh look, Republicans now think a tax cut is a gimmick. Oh wait, I see.. tax cuts from a Democrat administration that might help ordinary folks are a gimmick, giveaways to the uber-rich, freedom (ignore those big donations pouring in from the uber-rich, nothing to see here).
101010 :towel:
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Whatever happened to strangling government in the bathtub? You think they'd be all for temporary tax cuts, and then turning around and playing the "tax and spend" card when they expire and somebody tries to reinstate them. Or just prolonging them indefinitely. And nobody ever cottons on to this. They don't even pretend to care about THEIR OWN ISSUES anymore.

What's going to end this? When is Republican Altamont scheduled? Or Republican Demolition Night at the White Sox game?
Chilidog

inflation

Post by Chilidog »

supposedly she has an accounting degree.
Attachments
4567E30E-D988-40FB-A096-AFFDEE60D027.jpeg
4567E30E-D988-40FB-A096-AFFDEE60D027.jpeg (161.33 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: inflation

Post by Volkonski »

If that poster is real then she or her staffers are innumerant.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:16 pm If that poster is real then she or her staffers are innumerant.
:thumbsup:
tek

Post by tek »

I hope she's getting seriously dragged for that..

Return to “Economy”