Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Liz Cheney, WY

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Liz Cheney - soon-to-be-former Republican House conference chair

Post by Frater I*I »

orlylicious wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:09 pm
What's pissing us off is that this GOP is so nuts, so nasty, so delusional, that we have a drop of sympathy for Liz. F*ck. The. GOP.
I don't :fingerwag:

This is me concerning her plight

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :popcorn: :popcorn: :dance: :dance:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Jim Wright:
When Liz Cheney stands up and denounces the policies of the Bush Administration and the deliberate lies her father told -- AND IS *STILL* TELLING -- lies that sent people like me to war, lies that killed half a million Iraqis, THEN you can call her a hero.
When Liz Cheney ACTUALLY stands up and denounces not just Trump, but the Republican agenda of hate, fear, hysteria, and goddamned deliberate lies that led directly from Reagan to Trump, THEN you can call her a hero.
Until then, she's just another Republican.

(From Facebook feed.)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

And regardless, always, and we shouldn't forget, f*ck Ali Abdul-Razaq Akbar.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Except Paul -- Akbar would enjoy it too much.

Meanwhile, cutie Miles Taylor strikes again:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:50 pm Jim Wright:
When Liz Cheney stands up and denounces the policies of the Bush Administration and the deliberate lies her father told -- AND IS *STILL* TELLING -- lies that sent people like me to war, lies that killed half a million Iraqis, THEN you can call her a hero.
When Liz Cheney ACTUALLY stands up and denounces not just Trump, but the Republican agenda of hate, fear, hysteria, and goddamned deliberate lies that led directly from Reagan to Trump, THEN you can call her a hero.
Until then, she's just another Republican.
:yeahthat:

(From Facebook feed.)
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I should mention that Liz once threw her gay sibling under the bus. How weird that she is lauded for her support of the Consitution. I kinda thought that was the idea of being a decent citizen.
tek

Post by tek »

in this morning's Globe
d-1.jpg
d-1.jpg (94.36 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
Lani

Post by Lani »

Paywall :(
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I'll be interested to see how/if Daddy Dick deals with Little Liz's political whooping.
tek

Post by tek »

some select paragraphs from the globe story
“There are serious issues related to election irregularities in the state of Georgia, as well as Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin,” Stefanik told reporters on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, displaying her commitment to baseless doubts about a fair election ahead of the expected vote to make her the third-ranking House Republican on Friday.

It mattered little to the Republicans saying “yes” to remove Cheney that she has a more conservative record than Stefanik, nor that the claims of election fraud their party has embraced brought a violent insurrection to their workplace four months ago. What mattered was that Cheney opposes Trump.

“Liz Cheney was canceled today for speaking her mind and disagreeing with the narrative that President Trump has put forth,” said Representative Ken Buck, a conservative from Colorado who voted to support her, and who derided Stefanik as a “liberal.”

[...]

“Elise saw an opening for herself, and she was willing to join herself to Donald Trump and promote this big lie about the elections in order to gain power,” said Representative Katherine Clark of Melrose, who is the number four House Democrat. “That is not something that having worked with Elise over the years I would have thought her capable of.”
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:57 am I'll be interested to see how/if Daddy Dick deals with Little Liz's political whooping.
Is he still with us? He's been a ghost since being booted from office. I thought he was already dead. :shrug: Shot himself in the face, perhaps??
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

He's very much alive, and still insisting that we can kill, conquer, and torture our way to peace and prosperity.

If he wanted to use his dark powers for political retribution, I wouldn't be opposed to him calling in his buddies with the "enhanced interrogation techniques" to go to work on the people who just gibbeted his daughter.

:twisted:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

fierceredpanda wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:51 am He's very much alive, and still insisting that we can kill, conquer, and torture our way to peace and prosperity.

If he wanted to use his dark powers for political retribution, I wouldn't be opposed to him calling in his buddies with the "enhanced interrogation techniques" to go to work on the people who just gibbeted his daughter.

Really? He's been completely absent publicly. He does no news talk or interviews that I've seen. He disappeared.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

neonzx wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:13 am
fierceredpanda wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:51 am He's very much alive, and still insisting that we can kill, conquer, and torture our way to peace and prosperity.

Really? He's been completely absent publicly. He does no news talk or interviews that I've seen. He disappeared.
Thankfully.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

He had not entirely disappeared. Earlier this year, he publically disagreed with the MAGA world though I forget where I wrote that. While I would not want him back near the positions of power, I would have no issue with him using his dark force powers against those who booted his daughter.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm not positive, but I think he commented after the insurrection about his unhappiness about it. Or maybe it was after the election about the big lie. I don't think he would be upset with his daughter. I doubt if he wields much power anymore. I didn't think he had died, but I suspect (hope?) he's not as sharp as he used to be. He's evil; he's not stupid.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

So the guy who wants to primary Liz Cheney

He describes it as a Romeo and juliet romance... he stat raped a 14 year old when he was 18. Married her, divorced her 3 years later and she committed suicide. The son wants nothing to do with him
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Does it occur to him that Juliet died by suicide? :sick:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Doubt he ever read it.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ugh. From the article linked above.

:snippity:
Bouchard’s ex-wife killed herself when she was 20, he said. Online records list a woman with her name as being buried at a Jacksonville, Florida, cemetery in 1990. The Star-Tribune is choosing not to identify her.

“She had problems in another relationship. Her dad had committed suicide,” Bouchard said in the video.

After his ex-wife died, Bouchard said he continued to raise the couple's son, whom he briefly references in the video.

“Sadly, he's made some wrong choices in his life," he said. "He's almost become my estranged son. Some of the things that he's got going on his life, I certainly don't approve of them. But I'm not going to abandon him. I still love him. Just like when he was born.”
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:14 am Ugh. From the article linked above.

Bouchard’s ex-wife killed herself when she was 20, he said. Online records list a woman with her name as being buried at a Jacksonville, Florida, cemetery in 1990. The Star-Tribune is choosing not to identify her.

“She had problems in another relationship. Her dad had committed suicide,” Bouchard said in the video.

After his ex-wife died, Bouchard said he continued to raise the couple's son, whom he briefly references in the video.

“Sadly, he's made some wrong choices in his life," he said. "He's almost become my estranged son. Some of the things that he's got going on his life, I certainly don't approve of them. But I'm not going to abandon him. I still love him. Just like when he was born.”
Yup she committed suicide which makes his comment even more sick.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Good thing for him he's white. That makes it "Romeo and Juliet Romance" instead of "Statutory Rape."
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Time to update the Topic Title :P
Representative Cheney calls for order
John M. Murphy, Professor of Communication, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Fri, May 21, 2021, 8:26 AM·6 min read

Liz Cheney reveres order. Donald Trump detests it. Simple, yes, but that sums up the difference between the elected but exiled U.S. congresswoman and the exiled but elected-in-his-own-mind former president. Countless critics have detailed Trump’s disruptive effects on national life, but Cheney’s call for order deserves attention. She offers a coherent, conservative alternative to Trumpist populism. As a scholar of American political speeches, I think it important to assess her persuasive force as well as her deep roots in the conservative tradition.

Like many of her conservative ancestors, Rep. Cheney believes that people have a fundamental need for order. Absent a clear set of inviolable rules, society will collapse. The value of order is most evident to those who have seen it disappear or who live in a world without rules. She began her May 11, 2021 speech on the House floor with examples of just such people, times when she witnessed freedom’s fragility. Kenyan soldiers chasing voters away from the polls. A Russian mayor telling her of his democratic dreams, only to be poisoned years later by “Vladimir Putin’s thugs.” A young Polish woman revealing her fear that people would forget the price of freedom.

Examples have strong psychological power on people because they are concrete and specific. Think of those advertisements that feature the faces of very real suffering animals, who might even look like your own beagle. In her speech, Cheney sets up the audience to see the world through the eyes of the characters in these stories, to feel what it means to lose democracy’s rules. Each is only one instance, but together, they form a pattern.

When there is no order, she’s saying, the powerful trample the ordinary and the rule of law protects no one. We all become prey. If the audience identifies with these people, that lends Cheney’s next argument more force. Americans, she says, now face the same threat. In a Washington Post essay from early May, she notes that former President Trump has “repeated his claims that the 2020 election was a fraud and stolen.” He does so, she argues, in the full knowledge that such words “provoked violence on Jan. 6.” He does so in the full knowledge that the “Electoral College has spoken.” He does so in the full knowledge that “more than 60” judges have rejected his claims, including many that he appointed.
More: https://news.yahoo.com/representative-c ... 50873.html
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

neonzx wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:29 am
Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:57 am I'll be interested to see how/if Daddy Dick deals with Little Liz's political whooping.
Is he still with us? He's been a ghost since being booted from office. I thought he was already dead. :shrug: Shot himself in the face, perhaps??
Until Earth runs out of formaldehyde, Dick Cheney will be around. After all, he and the other cockroaches can survive a nuclear holocaust.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:37 am So the guy who wants to primary Liz Cheney

He describes it as a Romeo and juliet romance... he stat raped a 14 year old when he was 18. Married her, divorced her 3 years later...
And I'm not the least bit surprised.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”