Post by Foggy »

Evildoers everywhere,
Had best beware!
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Dominion Sues MyPillow And Mike Lindell For $1.3B

Post by Luke »

We sleep better knowing the 699th is defending us! 🇺🇸 Thank you, Col. Chili Dog and Lt. Root Beer.

Wiener Dog Copter.JPG
Wiener Dog Copter.JPG (54.18 KiB) Viewed 2674 times

For a more severe aircraft cabin smell issue, the Sell That Plane blog suggests wiping down all cabin surfaces, cleaning out any doors or seat pockets, vacuuming or steam cleaning the carpets (either by renting a machine or having a professional do it), steam cleaning the seats and filling the aircraft cabin with Ozium ...
How to get rid or aircraft cabin odor - Golf Hotel Whiskey
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:53 pm We sleep better knowing the 699th is defending us! 🇺🇸 Thank you, Col. Chili Dog and Lt. Root Beer.

Wiener Dog Copter.JPG
That wiener dog is clearly an accomplished IFR pilot since he can't see over the dashboard to fly VFR. He's on the gauges the whole way. I'd be happy to ride with him, since it's thus impossible for him to commit the cardinal sin of continuing VFR flight into instrument meteorological conditions (IMC), a phrase you read a lot when you read aviation crash reports (an occasional work thing, not recreational reading).
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:15 pm ... when you read aviation crash reports (an occasional work thing, not recreational reading).
Um. not a work thing for me (and I do train crash reports as well). :bag:
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:15 pm
orlylicious wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:53 pm We sleep better knowing the 699th is defending us! 🇺🇸 Thank you, Col. Chili Dog and Lt. Root Beer.

Wiener Dog Copter.JPG
That wiener dog is clearly an accomplished IFR pilot since he can't see over the dashboard to fly VFR. He's on the gauges the whole way. I'd be happy to ride with him, since it's thus impossible for him to commit the cardinal sin of continuing VFR flight into instrument meteorological conditions (IMC), a phrase you read a lot when you read aviation crash reports (an occasional work thing, not recreational reading).
Well, maybe...

I always keep my hand near the controls. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Thank DOG for the 699th!!!!! My heroes!!!!! :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:34 pm Well, maybe...

I mean, if he was flying inverted, it does explain how he saw his Russian counterpart at such close range.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“NOTICE of Appearance by Ryan Malone on behalf of MY PILLOW, INC. (Malone, Ryan)

The Court having considered Defendants'60 Motion For Admission Pro Hac Vice of Ryan P. Malone, and it appearing to the Court that the attorney referenced therein meets the requirements for pro hac vice admission under Local Civil Rule 83.2(d), it is hereby ORDERED that the motion is GRANTED. It is further ORDERED that Ryan P. Malone is ADMITTED to practice before the Court pro hac vice . Counsel should register for e-filing via PACER and file a notice of appearance pursuant to LCvR 83.6(a). Click for instructions Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on September 2, 2021. (lccjn2)

MINUTE ORDER. After review of Plaintiffs'61 Motion for Extension of Time, it is hereby ORDERED that the Motion is GRANTED. It is further ORDERED that Plaintiffs shall respond to Defendants' Motion for Modification of Memorandum Opinion and Order on or before September 21, 2021. Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on September 2, 2021. (lccjn2)”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:19 pm “NOTICE of Appearance by Ryan Malone on behalf of MY PILLOW, INC. (Malone, Ryan)

:snippity:
So, does anyone know anything about Mr. Malone?

I assume that he is, in fact, licensed to practice law somewhere. Otherwise he would never have been granted pro hac vice.

But, is he an Orly Taitz kind of lawyer, a Squidney Powell or Rudy Giuliani kind of lawyer who has his head so far up Trump's ass that he can check the fillings in his teeth?

Or, is he a competent, rational lawyer, who will come to court with legitimate, cogent arguments based in actual fact and actual law?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Was at Lewis Brisbois for seventeen months then joined Parker Daniels Kibort in May this year. More details:
https://www.parkerdk.com/the-team/ryan-malone/
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

He's Orly Taitz adjacent... :lol:
Represented plaintiff in dispute arising from former partners in dental practice, securing favorable settlement prior to trial.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

somerset

Post by somerset »

I guess they learned something from O'rly. Since her requests for reconsideration went nowhere, they've skipped that step and gone straight to appealing preliminary motions that didn't go their way ;)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:45 pm My Pillow lodges an appeal!
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 9.64.0.pdf
IANAL but it seems this is more an attempt to slow the case down. My thinking is that it is highly likely that the circuit will bounce the case back. I don't see MyPillow's rights being negatively restricted in a way that allows an interlocutory appeal that falls within the scope of Cohen or Mitchell, at least in my quick IANAL review.

Ye attorney folk are invited to explain to me the depth of my error.
101010 :towel:
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

northland10 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 pm IANAL but it seems this is more an attempt to slow the case down.
:winner:
My thinking is that it is highly likely that the circuit will bounce the case back.
The only questions are: (1) how fast will they bounce it back, and (2) will there be sanctions for filing a frivolous appeal. My IUTBAL (I used to be a lawyer) guesses are: (1) pretty darn fast and (2) probably not.
I don't see MyPillow's rights being negatively restricted in a way that allows an interlocutory appeal that falls within the scope of Cohen or Mitchell, at least in my quick IANAL review.
It's even worse than that; under Cohen, a collateral order has to be on an issue that's separate from the merits. An appeal from a denial of a motion to dismiss is only about the merits.
Ye attorney folk are invited to explain to me the depth of my error.
Your only error was being a little too tentative. This appeal is a joke.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

IANAL, but I was under the impression that you can't file an appeal until a case has been finalized, except in rather limited and extraordinary circumstances. This case is far from final.

This appeal appears to be filed by an honest-to-goodness lawyer who I assume is a member of the bar and is actually licensed to practice law. I would think that a real lawyer would know this.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You can appeal motions granted and other pre-trial things if they, as ruled upon, can prejudice the case. Or something a bit more technical than that, but that's the principle.

I am definitely not a lawyer, and might be really wrong here, but its my understanding of how something happened in something I was involved in once.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Add SmartMatic to The list of companies suing Mike Lindell

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... a18fac7e29
Luke

Re: Dominion Sues MyPillow And Mike Lindell For $1.3B & SmartMatic Too, Also

Post by Luke »

neonzx wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:48 pm Gee, didn't see that coming. 8-)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dominion-s ... malertNEWS
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Domimatic MyPillow?
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, color me confuzzelated, I thought SmartMatic already was suing them/him/whatever. Do you suppose there will be enough left by the time they get to the carcass to share??
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:26 am Well, color me confuzzelated, I thought SmartMatic already was suing them/him/whatever. Do you suppose there will be enough left by the time they get to the carcass to share??
I thought so, too. This, from the Forbes article linked above, explains the background and probably why we thought they'd sued him already - because they've already sued everyone else :)
Smartmatic’s lawsuit against Lindell and MyPillow follows separate litigation the company has already brought against attorneys Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani, Fox News and far-right news networks Newsmax and One America News Network (OANN). Dominion, whose machines have been the primary focus of the far-right conspiracy theories, sued Lindell and MyPillow in February, similarly alleging the CEO “sells the lie” about Dominion “because the lie sells pillows.” The company has also filed suit against Powell, Giuliani, Fox News, former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne, Newsmax, OANN and several of its anchors. That litigation is all still pending, and Lindell, Powell and Giuliani’s motions to dismiss the lawsuits against them failed in August.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Probably what adds to this confusion is that Lindell sued Dominion and Smartmatic last summer - viewtopic.php?p=23133&hilit=Smartmatic#p23133
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Lawyers for MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell are dodging requests to hand over discovery material for Dominion's $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit, according to a court filing in the sprawling defamation case.

In a filing submitted to the judge Monday night, the other lawyers in the case say that Lindell's lawyers stopped showing up to meetings designed to hash out a schedule for the case the day after Dominion's lawyers served them with a request for documents.

"Lindell and MyPillow's change in position on whether the Court ordered and the Parties engaged in a [scheduling] conference presumably reflects their effort to avoid responding to requests for production Plaintiffs served the day before," the filing says.

The filing was signed by attorneys representing every other party in the case, including Dominion, Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, and Smartmatic. Attorneys for Mike Lindell and MyPillow didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-li ... uit-2022-1

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”